Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Realm Works Discussion (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Realmwork on Tablet (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=60188)

Korlall February 15th, 2018 12:52 AM

Realmwork on Tablet

I may buy a tablet soon (My first ever yeah!)

I was wondering if Realmwork has a tablet version.
If not, has anyone heard something this could be coming?

Thanks

daplunk February 15th, 2018 02:06 AM

No it does not work on tablets. Some people have got it running in a surface pro but I've heard of lots of crashes on them.

There is a YouTube video that shows the Web client working on a tablet. It's a few years old now though and the Web client has not been released or even really discussed in that time so nobody knows when that is coming.

Korlall February 15th, 2018 02:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daplunk (Post 263046)
No it does not work on tablets. Some people have got it running in a surface pro but I've heard of lots of crashes on them.

There is a YouTube video that shows the Web client working on a tablet. It's a few years old now though and the Web client has not been released or even really discussed in that time so nobody knows when that is coming.

That's sad. I wish I could have Realmwork running on Tablet. Well, thank you for the answer :)

Sendric February 15th, 2018 05:15 AM

I've been running it on a Surface Pro 4 for a couple years now without issue.

Vargr February 15th, 2018 07:08 AM

I haven't tried but a Surface Pro is a full-blown computer in a dapper disguise running Windows so no reason why it shouldn't be able to run Realm Works.

Parody February 15th, 2018 07:15 AM

"Tablet" is a form factor. RW is a Windows program and will run fine on Windows (non-RT or S) tablets. It won't run on Android or iOS tablets.

I use an ASUS Transformer T100, a netbook-level convertible tablet that originally came with Windows 8 but I've upgraded to Windows 10 over the years. RW runs on there, though it's not very fast. For the price and portability, though, I think it does rather well.

kbs666 February 15th, 2018 08:04 AM

I've seen RW run on a couple of different Windows tablets. I had one of the transformer style laptops for a while and it ran fine, if slowly, on it.

The biggest issues with RW on tablets would be the amount of RAM and the size of the SSD might limit you. However it is fairly easy, if expensive, to get more of both when buying a tablet.

Dark Lord Galen February 15th, 2018 08:08 AM

Like Parody,
We utilize the same machine, not only for RW but hearolab as well at the gaming table. This give my players an electronic character sheet that does most the math for them. Saving adjustments for Raging Barbarians, Spell memorization, and gear changes.
And the cost for an Asus (compared to a fullblown laptop) is nominal for convenience.
Once LW finally gets passed the "content market", the two tools combined with promised features such as individual character reveal, consolidating PC Journals to the DM RealmWorks, and ehhhhem... calendars.... the tools will be far more usable together.

just my 2cp
DLG

joepacelli February 15th, 2018 09:54 AM

As others have said. RW runs fine on a laptop with windows. I myself purchased a Dell Inspiron 13 7000 2-in-1. I got it with an i7, 8gb ram and a 256GB SSD. I can use it as a normal laptop for gaming when I'm a DM, and I also turn it into a tablet when I'm a player.
I've got no issue's with performance and have not been displeased in any way with it.

Sauron February 16th, 2018 03:28 AM

I run realm works on my Pro-Surface 3 with no issues at all (apart from the very occasional slow syncing).