Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Realm Works Discussion (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Snippet issue (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=60242)

jjashley February 23rd, 2018 02:16 PM

Snippet issue

I'm having a bit of an issue that I don't recall having previously. I find that if I add information to a snippet, then do a ctrl-t to add another snippet or use the tools add or remove anything, the snippet is erased.

Is this working as designed? I haven't used Realm Works in quite some time but I swear it didn't use to work like that.

J

kbs666 February 23rd, 2018 03:15 PM

That doesn't sound right. I'm certainly not having that happen.

Happydevil43 February 23rd, 2018 06:48 PM

I've had it happen a few times.

For me it sometimes happens with Herolab portfolios. I always thought it was because I hadn't saved the article.

I get to the habit now of saving before doing the clean up snippet thing and haven't had a repeat

Vargr February 23rd, 2018 11:21 PM

For what it is worth (probably very little):

Not something I have experienced, so no, not "by design" (which would also make little sense).

jjashley February 24th, 2018 07:28 AM

Well I didn't really think it was by design but I've seen funkier things happen with software by design. Think I will try to do a repair. Thanks all.

J

jjashley February 24th, 2018 02:30 PM

I have also figured out that if I paste using the ctrl - alt - v method and remove formatting it doesn't seem to erase the snippet, either when opening a new snippet or changing snippet style. Now to do the repair and check for updates.

Vargr February 24th, 2018 10:37 PM

A wild guess - might it be something in what you copy and paste that causes it? A special unholy sequence of escape-characters that triggers something in RW?

Is it no matter what you copy and paste or is it only from that specific PDF or homepage?

Just throwing the net a bit wider...

jjashley February 25th, 2018 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vargr (Post 263527)
A wild guess - might it be something in what you copy and paste that causes it? A special unholy sequence of escape-characters that triggers something in RW?

Is it no matter what you copy and paste or is it only from that specific PDF or homepage?

Just throwing the net a bit wider...

I think it is the home page I'm copying from so ctrl alt v has resolved it. I can use any option offered with no issue and I can paste from other things just fine.

Vargr February 25th, 2018 11:04 PM

Hmm, I seem to remember I have come across a homepage or two and ditto PDFs that made pasting into RW a pain.

At least it is not all sources that cause this (but most likely just the ones you need most...).

What if you export the homepage as html - open it in an appropriate editor and copy from there?

jjashley February 26th, 2018 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vargr (Post 263563)
Hmm, I seem to remember I have come across a homepage or two and ditto PDFs that made pasting into RW a pain.

At least it is not all sources that cause this (but most likely just the ones you need most...).

What if you export the homepage as html - open it in an appropriate editor and copy from there?

Haven't tried, but since the ctrl alt v works I'm not overly worried about it anymore. I had kind of forgotten about being able to paste that way.

J