Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Hero Lab Discussion (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Error With PDF PLugin Download Please help (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=64494)

Virtue July 6th, 2020 05:58 PM

Error With PDF PLugin Download Please help

1 Attachment(s)
Trying to make my sheets into PDFs this is what im getting please help

Thanks

charlieluce July 6th, 2020 06:43 PM

The PDF plugin can't update itself while the Hero Lab Classic program is still runnng. After you close Hero Lab, "Retry" should work to finish the update.

Virtue July 6th, 2020 07:17 PM

Thanks

MattWll July 17th, 2020 06:26 AM

Thanks

Briarstomp July 24th, 2020 01:07 PM

I've done that.. Close HLC and retry and it looks like it installs but still will not save Hero to PDF. Sends me back to the update.

Any thoughts?

Briar

Mathias July 24th, 2020 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Briarstomp (Post 289847)
I've done that.. Close HLC and retry and it looks like it installs but still will not save Hero to PDF. Sends me back to the update.

Any thoughts?

Briar

Something I've seen happen before is that someone has Hero Lab installed multiple times on their computer, in multiple folders, so the update looks for the default location, and installs the pdf installer there, but the link you're using to launch HL is running from a different folder, one that hasn't gotten the pdf installer.

Briarstomp July 27th, 2020 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mathias (Post 289848)
Something I've seen happen before is that someone has Hero Lab installed multiple times on their computer, in multiple folders, so the update looks for the default location, and installs the pdf installer there, but the link you're using to launch HL is running from a different folder, one that hasn't gotten the pdf installer.

That's probably the issue. My system shows both the 64 bit and normal versions. Any idea on how to kill off one them?

Mathias July 27th, 2020 01:51 PM

The default folder for HL is c:\Program Files (x86)\Hero Lab, and both the 32 and 64 bit versions should be in that folder. I'd find the other folder on your hard drive where it's installed and delete that folder. That may mean you need to re-do some of your shortcuts, so that you have the right link to launch HL.

The other option is to go to that folder, and there should be two DLLs there that are related to pdfs - pdfcnvas64.dll and pdflib64.dll - I think that's all the installer is actually doing - inserting those two files into the HL folder, so if you copy them to the other folder where you've got HL installed, that should let the pdf work without deleting folders and re-directing links. But on the other hand, it seems cleaner to have just one copy on your computer.

Briarstomp July 27th, 2020 02:03 PM

That was interesting.... I had a program drive folder that was empty other than the two files you mentioned. It must have left an empty folder when I did an uninstall earlier in the year and rebuild.

Thanks for the help. The PDFs are working now.