Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Shadowrun (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   Feature requests for upcoming Fifth edition: (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=46122)

Mathias December 5th, 2013 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cndblank (Post 171492)
Will we be able to use supplemental material to create personal content?

What is the point, if I can't take a piece of gear or an NPC from an adventure or supplement and make changes to it so it will fit my game better or use it as the basis of a new piece of gear or NPC?

Thanks

If you want to copy something you're not allowed to save, I find it easiest to open two copies of Hero Lab, and open the editor in each copy. Then, you can open the un-savable item in one editor, and in the other copy, create a "New (Blank)" item in that tab. Then, you can Alt-Tab between the two editors, copying all the settings from the un-savable item to the blank item.

Mathias December 5th, 2013 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cndblank (Post 171496)
Also will there be a place for GMs' share NPCs?
A stable of good NPCs (with a well laid out character sheet and a small combat sheet with weapon and spell info) would be a major help to any GM.

Post them in this forum if you have some you want to share.

RavenX December 5th, 2013 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cndblank (Post 171492)
Will we be able to use supplemental material to create personal content?

What is the point, if I can't take a piece of gear or an NPC from an adventure or supplement and make changes to it so it will fit my game better or use it as the basis of a new piece of gear or NPC?

Thanks

Hero Lab comes with a built in Editor which is accessible from the Tools menu just for the purpose of adding your own content to the datafiles. You can add custom items with the editor to your hearts content :)

cndblank December 5th, 2013 07:31 PM

If I'm going to spend the money to buy the material twice (PDF/hardcopy then the Herolab), then I want to be able to copy and paste any official NPC, critter, or piece of gear make my changes and go.

If I'm going to have to entering it by hand then why do I need Hero Lab?


I also want to be able to share my shadowrun user content with other Hero Lab users.

A large searchable user created content data base of well written NPCs (and spirits, critters, and gear) in Hero Lab format that I could then customize for my own use would be a very good reason to have Hero Lab. By customize I mean both filing off the number to create a new NPC and putting the NPC in to the format I normally use to run the game.

cndblank December 5th, 2013 07:53 PM

I like to see better on the fly modifiers since as a GM I know there is no telling what special modifiers might apply.

For example say a PC or an NPC has a bullet barrier spell sustained. Then I want to be able to note that the character has plus 5 ranged defense against bullets and have the character sheet/stat block display his Ranged Defense as x/x+5 (so 6/11).

I'd want to be able to add an on the fly modifier to almost any value on a character sheet/stat block be it to be printed/displayed as HTML or Text.

It would be nice to be able to set the various character sheets to display both the base stat value and the modified stat value.

Say a character has an increase strength spell sustained on him. I like to see the base strength and the modified strength. So Troll STR 7 plus sustained Increase Strength 4 will display as 7/11. And all stats based on Strength would be adjusted.

I guess if the Troll also had Muscle Replacement 2 then it should show up as 7/9/12.

Mathias December 6th, 2013 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cndblank (Post 171528)
If I'm going to spend the money to buy the material twice (PDF/hardcopy then the Herolab), then I want to be able to copy and paste any official NPC, critter, or piece of gear make my changes and go.

If I'm going to have to entering it by hand then why do I need Hero Lab?

I'm sorry, but the purpose of this is to slow down piracy. If someone could just make an immediate copy of material purchased in an add-on, they could quickly go through a product, copying everything in it, and send that copied material to others.


Quote:

Originally Posted by cndblank (Post 171528)
I also want to be able to share my shadowrun user content with other Hero Lab users.

Please, go ahead - if you've created something, share it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cndblank (Post 171528)
A large searchable user created content data base of well written NPCs (and spirits, critters, and gear) in Hero Lab format that I could then customize for my own use would be a very good reason to have Hero Lab. By customize I mean both filing off the number to create a new NPC and putting the NPC in to the format I normally use to run the game.

The first thing we need here is the submissions. Then we can start organizing them as a database.

Mathias December 6th, 2013 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cndblank (Post 171529)
I like to see better on the fly modifiers since as a GM I know there is no telling what special modifiers might apply.

For example say a PC or an NPC has a bullet barrier spell sustained. Then I want to be able to note that the character has plus 5 ranged defense against bullets and have the character sheet/stat block display his Ranged Defense as x/x+5 (so 6/11).

I'd want to be able to add an on the fly modifier to almost any value on a character sheet/stat block be it to be printed/displayed as HTML or Text.

It would be nice to be able to set the various character sheets to display both the base stat value and the modified stat value.

Say a character has an increase strength spell sustained on him. I like to see the base strength and the modified strength. So Troll STR 7 plus sustained Increase Strength 4 will display as 7/11. And all stats based on Strength would be adjusted.

I guess if the Troll also had Muscle Replacement 2 then it should show up as 7/9/12.

Have you tried the Adjust tab? I know we're missing some things on that list - if you see something missing, please tell us, so we can put it on our to-do list.

Dgrm44 December 6th, 2013 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bazutti (Post 171240)
Would anyone else be interested in an add-on that also tracked combat? Track initiatives, built-in dice rolls (optional), track any effects, etc?

Absolutely, 100% YES!

Mathias December 6th, 2013 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dgrm44 (Post 171553)
Absolutely, 100% YES!

Dgrm44, as I asked bazutti, have you looked at the Tactical Console for Shadowrun 4? What would you want added in 5th that's not currently handled?

nylanfs December 8th, 2013 09:05 AM

Any idea on when we can start throwing money at you guys? :)


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:52 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® - Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
wolflair.com copyright 1998-2016 Lone Wolf Development, Inc. View our Privacy Policy here.