Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - d20 System (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Description Trimming? (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=57841)

mfkologlu March 1st, 2017 09:52 AM

Description Trimming?

Hello there!

I wanted to print my character and I noticed that my feat/ability descriptions are trimmed and not fully written. Is it intended?

Thanks!

ErinRigh March 1st, 2017 03:38 PM

Yes, It saves space and is not meant to be a replacement for gamebooks

Sendric March 1st, 2017 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mfkologlu (Post 245393)
Hello there!

I wanted to print my character and I noticed that my feat/ability descriptions are trimmed and not fully written. Is it intended?

Thanks!

Is it just printing the summary? Most feats should have their entire description unless the text is very long.

mfkologlu March 2nd, 2017 03:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sendric (Post 245413)
Is it just printing the summary? Most feats should have their entire description unless the text is very long.

No it really cuts the descriptions.

It's really sad. I wanted to be able to reference my abilities. That's why I ticked the option to include descriptions. It's still somewhat useful but disappointing really. I would have been happier if I could at least play my character without having to check the rules. DnD 3.5 forces a lot of rules checking already you know during gameplay.

Couldn't they make another option so people can get it if they want to? Shouldn't really be much of a problem with their expertise. :(

Sendric March 2nd, 2017 04:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mfkologlu (Post 245428)
No it really cuts the descriptions.

It's really sad. I wanted to be able to reference my abilities. That's why I ticked the option to include descriptions. It's still somewhat useful but disappointing really. I would have been happier if I could at least play my character without having to check the rules. DnD 3.5 forces a lot of rules checking already you know during gameplay.

Couldn't they make another option so people can get it if they want to? Shouldn't really be much of a problem with their expertise. :(

There's an internal character limit in HL that prevents very long descriptions from getting completely printed. The same is true of the journal entries. At one point I remember the developers saying it was something they wanted to address, but I haven't kept on top of it.

That said, it should only be a few abilities that are getting cut off I think. One thing you could consider is adding some journal entries with the additional information you need.

ShadowChemosh March 7th, 2017 08:37 AM

I was planning on fixing this the same was as Pathfinder. In that game system another sheet is provided that can print 100% of all "special abilities" text. Yes it means you have to print out an extra sheet but it would have all the text.

Best I can do for now. :)