Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Realm Works Discussion (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Fonts, bold and indents not saving? (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=57551)

rob February 21st, 2017 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greebo (Post 244084)
I am not sure, if it is related, but I have a minor bug regarding fonts. Some versions ago RW introduced invisible characters of a symbol font into my snippets. IIRC I filed a support ticket back then. The behavior disappeared after a version upgrade.

Since a week or two, the behavior reappeared. RW sets invisible characters in the font DajaVu Math Tex Gyre at the beginning and end of some snippets and at the beginning and end of text I copy into snippets via Paste.

Please make sure you open a support ticket about this and include as much detail as you can discern about what's going on. I'm not sure what could be happening from the description, but it sure sounds bizarre.

Greebo February 22nd, 2017 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rob (Post 244830)
Please make sure you open a support ticket about this and include as much detail as you can discern about what's going on. I'm not sure what could be happening from the description, but it sure sounds bizarre.

Bug reported.

Greebo March 11th, 2018 03:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greebo (Post 244084)
I am not sure, if it is related, but I have a minor bug regarding fonts. Some versions ago RW introduced invisible characters of a symbol font into my snippets. IIRC I filed a support ticket back then. The behavior disappeared after a version upgrade.

Since a week or two, the behavior reappeared. RW sets invisible characters in the font DajaVu Math Tex Gyre at the beginning and end of some snippets and at the beginning and end of text I copy into snippets via Paste.

The problem reappeared again. This time, RW sets the characters or spaces in the font Amiri. And it seems to happen most frequently whenever I duplicate a topic. But RW does also tend to re-insert those spaces after I have deleted them by hand and saved the topic.

Shall I open an new support ticket?

Rone March 13th, 2018 06:22 AM

Greebo, yes, please do submit a new support ticket.

Greebo March 13th, 2018 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rone (Post 264303)
Greebo, yes, please do submit a new support ticket.

Done.

Greebo March 19th, 2018 07:44 AM

Amendment: The characters seem to get set i.a. during linking.

Greebo March 20th, 2018 07:22 AM

And whenever I add a snippet in the same section of a topic.

Greebo January 9th, 2019 02:52 AM

Update: The bus still persists in RW Version .250. Everytime I save a topic RW sets an invisible character in the font Amiri at the very beginning of every edited snippet.

Rone January 9th, 2019 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greebo (Post 274780)
Update: The bus still persists in RW Version .250. Everytime I save a topic RW sets an invisible character in the font Amiri at the very beginning of every edited snippet.

Curiouser and curiouser...

Although we've had reasons to use invisible characters, we think there's been cases where particular fonts interfered with those characters being hidden away and unnoticeable.

It might help if you went through your fonts to see if any particular one is interfering. Any that are installed as part of Windows should be safe, but if you installed any custom fonts, perhaps one of them is interacting with Realm Works in an interfering way?

And if you happen to locate such a meddlesome font... please let us know what it is.

Realllly hoping it's not a font called "Meddlesome."

Greebo January 9th, 2019 07:39 AM

Never noticed it before you mentioned particular fonts as possible cause, Rone, but my LotR Realm using Tahoma as standard font does behave properly, whereas my science fantasy realm using a font called Shadowrun as standard snippet style shows the bug.