Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Realm Works Discussion (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Fonts, bold and indents not saving? (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=57551)

ri_gamer January 30th, 2017 08:19 AM

Exmortis, I've seen the same behavior. I've also found that many times the only formatting that will work is those on the 'Style' section. I can't get bullets to work consistantly from either the format ribbon menu, or the context menu.

Vargr January 30th, 2017 09:18 AM

@Exmortis:

I have a theory (probably completely unfounded and certainly not based on hard evidence) that something goes astray in the way that RW uses HTML.

1: What you write:

Under the old painting there is a trap.

2: Pseudo-code within RW:

<p>Under the <i><b><font color="purple">old painting</i></b></font> there is <u><b><font color="red">a trap</u></b></font>.</p>

RW sometimes acts like it is counting the characters (letters, numbers, spaces) under 1 (39) and sometimes as under 2 (whether that should be counted as 127 or 53 I don't know - it is all pseudo-code anyway).

If RW mixes those up it could explain your weird placement of the red text far from where you intended.

It would certainly explain my experience when I move to the very end of a line (maybe by using End on the keyboard). More often than not I can not move the cursor up or down using the arrow keys. Only if I move the cursor one invisible step to the left (it doesn't move on screen) can I go up and down. Something like this:

| = cursor

end of line.<p>|

I can't move up or down here.

One (invisible) step to the left:

end of line.|<p>

Now I can move the cursor in all direction.
Anyone else experienced that?

AEIOU January 30th, 2017 10:21 AM

Quote:

It would certainly explain my experience when I move to the very end of a line (maybe by using End on the keyboard). More often than not I can not move the cursor up or down using the arrow keys. Only if I move the cursor one invisible step to the left (it doesn't move on screen) can I go up and down. Something like this:

| = cursor

end of line.<p>|

I can't move up or down here.

One (invisible) step to the left:

end of line.|<p>

Now I can move the cursor in all direction.
Anyone else experienced that?
@Vargr: I run into this frequently. My work-around has always been to mouse-click another entry and then I can freely arrow up/down again. This has just become second nature to me....

The reason I almost always strip coding is that I've had crash issues if I copy PDF info and save it without change. I think there may either be some hidden high ASCII causing the problem or maybe a misplaced html code. By stripping the coding so I end up with Tahoma 9pt or whatever, I never have this issue.

Vargr January 30th, 2017 10:26 AM

I have this problem even if I just write my own text with no formatting.

No import, no paste, no PDF involved.

Exmortis January 31st, 2017 05:26 AM

1 Attachment(s)
@Vargr

I never apply the different formatting to the same snippet. I attached a screenie to show what a fully kitted out topic looks like.

Also almost all the time ( I can't remember it being different, but never discount my ability to forget), the formatting different text then I highlight happened only the first time I attempted to apply formatting in a snippet.

Now I will highlight a new error that I just seen now, in fact this represents twice now since last update. The first I just chalked it up to an anomaly but now I am seeing this a second time, and my god this could be huge if manual links are going haywire on me.

You will notice that the formatting is in different snippets, I don't mix and match.

Exmortis January 31st, 2017 05:33 AM

That new error is what I see in snippets that I have set a manual link. In that screenie the haywire text should have been normal text, with a manual link set to "room 25c".

I am going to have to go through each and every realm......I converted them from legacy to other, and did a back up. But I am going to lose a lot of work on this realm if I have to revert.

rob February 11th, 2017 02:33 PM

Does this issue still persist? I believe we fixed one thing that MIGHT have solved this particular problem, but I want to verify. If the problem still exists, please make sure we have an open support ticket regarding it.

Thanks!

Acenoid February 12th, 2017 01:08 PM

Hi there!

I always had similar formating errors, copy paste bugs not as frequently as you guys, but hopefully you all submitted bugs! I have recently started again to add data and Iam also submitting :D (but no format bugs to report yet)

Greebo February 12th, 2017 11:26 PM

I am not sure, if it is related, but I have a minor bug regarding fonts. Some versions ago RW introduced invisible characters of a symbol font into my snippets. IIRC I filed a support ticket back then. The behavior disappeared after a version upgrade.

Since a week or two, the behavior reappeared. RW sets invisible characters in the font DajaVu Math Tex Gyre at the beginning and end of some snippets and at the beginning and end of text I copy into snippets via Paste.

Exmortis February 13th, 2017 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rob (Post 243975)
Does this issue still persist? I believe we fixed one thing that MIGHT have solved this particular problem, but I want to verify. If the problem still exists, please make sure we have an open support ticket regarding it.

Thanks!

I sure will if it persists, wasn't able to do any work recently in RW since update.