Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Mutants & Masterminds (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   (M&M 2e) Bug Report for '(Saving Throw) Protection' power (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=13133)

Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer June 1st, 2011 08:18 PM

Bug Report for '(Saving Throw) Protection' power

Found two parts to this error with the '(Saving Throw) Protection' in the powers list.

A) When I select the 'Impervious' Extra, the system always applied the levels of 'Impervious' to Toughness no matter what I chose from the drop-down box: Fortitude, Reflex, Toughness or Will.

B) Even when Fortitude, Reflex or Will are the selection, the 'Impervious' value always appears in the 'breakdown' computation for Toughness, not the 'breakdown' for the chosen Save AND on the character sheet (both printed and in the onscreen 'print preview') the 'Impervious' value is always displayed with Toughness rather than under the selected Save.

Speaking of 'breakdown' computation errors: the software still shows "User: (+10) for an Attribute at the default level of 10 when it should read "User: (+0)" for a value of 10, "User: (+1) for a value of 11 and "User: (-1)" for a value of 9. ;)

Apologies for reporting this so close to the new HL update. I have no idea if this is also happening with 3E as I'm keeping my attention focused on 2E. ;)

Keep up the good work,
Nigel Fogg, aka The Wayfarer
:)

charlieluce June 3rd, 2011 01:29 PM

FYI, The 3e Impervious Defense Power appears to work correctly.

Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer June 6th, 2011 02:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer (Post 56492)
Found two parts to this error with the '(Saving Throw) Protection' in the powers list.

A) When I select the 'Impervious' Extra, the system always applied the levels of 'Impervious' to Toughness no matter what I chose from the drop-down box: Fortitude, Reflex, Toughness or Will.

B) Even when Fortitude, Reflex or Will are the selection, the 'Impervious' value always appears in the 'breakdown' computation for Toughness, not the 'breakdown' for the chosen Save AND on the character sheet (both printed and in the onscreen 'print preview') the 'Impervious' value is always displayed with Toughness rather than under the selected Save.

Speaking of 'breakdown' computation errors: the software still shows "User: (+10) for an Attribute at the default level of 10 when it should read "User: (+0)" for a value of 10, "User: (+1) for a value of 11 and "User: (-1)" for a value of 9. ;)

Apologies for reporting this so close to the new HL update. I have no idea if this is also happening with 3E as I'm keeping my attention focused on 2E.

Keep up the good work,

Ah, I see that Impervious FORT, Impervious REF and Impervious WILL are listed separately as such further down in the Powers list. Thus one should buy these Saves that way rather than using (Saving Throw) Protection.

A bit confusing. :(

On the bright side: with this latest update I see that my beloved Tactical Movement is now a 'Chapter 8' option on the Configure Hero screen. :D

Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer June 6th, 2011 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer (Post 56659)
Ah, I see that Impervious FORT, Impervious REF and Impervious WILL are listed separately as such further down in the Powers list. Thus one should buy these Saves that way rather than using (Saving Throw) Protection.

A bit confusing. :(

On the bright side: with this latest update I see that my beloved Tactical Movement is now a 'Chapter 8' option on the Configure Hero screen. :D

Perhaps the "Impervious" extra can be greyed-out as an option under (Saving Throw) Protection.....a pop-up stating that the user should scroll down and use the Impervious ( Fort, Ref or Will ) instead would be the next logical thing to have happen when someone scrolls over "Impervious" to find out why it's greyed out.

Nigel Fogg, aka The Wayfarer. :)

Duggan June 6th, 2011 11:40 AM

Mmm... I can't remember whether the Impervious Will, etc are only in the UP package or not. I think there's still ways to flag the Impervious so that it only gets greyed out if those items are present, but it is something to consider.