Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Realm Works Feature Requests (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   Better Tab Support (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=48585)

Parody March 14th, 2014 06:18 AM

Better Tab Support

Now that I've had a chance to play with Realm Works a bit (after being prompted by someone from LWD as to why I haven't been using it) I find that the way I'd like to work doesn't mesh well with it. I like having multiple tabs open to cross-reference between them, add scattered notes to a User Note for later work, and so on. Realm Works discourages this by browsing like a web browser, replacing the current tab with whatever you've selected in the navigation panel.

Things I'd like to see include:

An option to pick whether View or View in new tab is the default for the Navigation pane and links in items.

An option to not take an action on a single left click in the Navigation pane. (Actions require double-clicks, context menu selections, or...)

Middle-Click and/or Control-Click to open in a new tab (or do the opposite of the default, depending on how you'd want to implement it).

An option to open newly created items in a new tab.

The ability to close the last open tab.

The ability to disable navigation and hide the Back/Forward/Home buttons, giving more room for tabs and preventing you from accidentally wandering away from whatever you were working on.

Hope this helps.

darloth March 29th, 2014 09:08 AM

I would also really appreciate middle-click to open tabs. I keep doing it by accident, since everything else with tabs that I use does that.

Erdrix April 2nd, 2014 05:09 AM

+1 for middle clicking to open tabs.

wbdavison April 2nd, 2014 06:21 PM

+1 For center click to open tab.

Giorgio April 3rd, 2014 08:43 AM

+1 for being able to manage multiple tabs at once, with your next action not overriding the tab you currently have open.

Erdrix April 3rd, 2014 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Giorgio (Post 179621)
+1 for being able to manage multiple tabs at once, with your next action not overriding the tab you currently have open.

Yes to that too! I hate that when I open a tab it automatically moves me to that tab.

Erdrix April 3rd, 2014 09:58 AM

I would also like for it to not ask me if I'm sure I want to close a tab every time.

Dr_Automaton April 3rd, 2014 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erdrix (Post 179630)
I would also like for it to not ask me if I'm sure I want to close a tab every time.

Same.

monsterfurby April 3rd, 2014 11:41 AM

+1 Agreed. There's little benefit to using tabs if setting them up already takes more time than it saves. However, this will also have to go hand in hand with performance improvements for the software overall.

Mystic Lemur April 3rd, 2014 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erdrix (Post 179627)
Yes to that too! I hate that when I open a tab it automatically moves me to that tab.

+1 for this.