Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Warhammer Fantasy 8th Ed. (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   [Bug Reports] Empire (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=13471)

MrKickAss July 13th, 2011 05:14 AM

[Bug Reports] Empire

On page 79 of the Empire army book under Flagellant Warband the rules state that "if the army includes one or more Priests of Sigmar (Warrior Priests or Archlectors), you may include one (and only one) Flagellant Warband as a Core Units choice instead of a Rare." The current version of Army Build doesn't support this.

UltraPrime July 13th, 2011 05:24 AM

Yes it does ;). Having just been editing that file, I know it's correct.

mariettabrit September 14th, 2011 05:43 AM

Hexstaff in Empire list

This item doesn't exist in the empire codex or the 8th edition rules...
Where is it from ? Is it valid ?

BlackDog_9 October 3rd, 2011 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mariettabrit (Post 62529)
This item doesn't exist in the empire codex or the 8th edition rules...
Where is it from ? Is it valid ?

Page 79, current Empire army book. And yup, Army Builder has this core allocation working correctly.

While I'm posting, I just wanted to thank you for the inclusion of the Empire Warhammer Forge Rules. Made my day, I made sure I renewed my subscription when i saw that! Happy customer.

katarr October 27th, 2011 03:16 AM

Sorry to be a pain but I am still having issues with this on 3.3b.

I have seen it work once or twice when adding the flagellants and then the warrior priest but most of the time nothing changes and they stay in the Rare column which is a pain. Am I missing something?

sonic2500 November 13th, 2011 02:23 AM

EMPIRE Steam Tank - Steam Gun

Hello,

Can someone please help, i am using Steam tanks in a tournament, but the empire army book says the steam gun is Strength 2, but army builder says it is Strength 3.

What one is correct? i can not find anything on GW website to say it has gone up to S3, but that would be nice as S2 kills nothing.

Many thanks, Ad.

Mr_Rose November 13th, 2011 03:26 AM

The army book, as modified by official errata, is the reference source. If the files and the book are in disagreement, use the book always.

That said, template weapons kill loads of dudes simply because they hit so many. Having what amounts to re-usable breath weapon is amazing for what it costs.

UltraPrime November 28th, 2011 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonic2500 (Post 65461)
Hello,

Can someone please help, i am using Steam tanks in a tournament, but the empire army book says the steam gun is Strength 2, but army builder says it is Strength 3.

What one is correct? i can not find anything on GW website to say it has gone up to S3, but that would be nice as S2 kills nothing.

Many thanks, Ad.

S2 is indeed correct.Fixed

Roksmash December 30th, 2011 09:10 PM

I just downloaded army builder, and uploaded the Warhammer v8. The flagellants are not moving into the core role set when I add a priest before or after adding the flagellants. Any other updates since the op's issue?

Roksmash December 30th, 2011 09:13 PM

Cancel that, I found the option.

johnnyspys January 7th, 2012 07:53 AM

hexstaff

Hexstaff is showing up as an item for Empire Wizards to take in normal games. Is this a bug...everyone in my group says yes.

Skaby January 11th, 2012 01:11 AM

Thank you for adding so quickly Tamurkhan; but I miss Mannans Blades - or am I just too numb to found them?

UltraPrime January 25th, 2012 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnnyspys (Post 68699)
Hexstaff is showing up as an item for Empire Wizards to take in normal games. Is this a bug...everyone in my group says yes.

No, you are correct. Will be removed for next release.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skaby (Post 68955)
Thank you for adding so quickly Tamurkhan; but I miss Mannans Blades - or am I just too numb to found them?

The whole book hasn't been done yet. I don't own it, so it will be up to those who do to add the data. Sorry, I can't justify the expense to get the book.

Skaby February 2nd, 2012 04:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UltraPrime (Post 70816)
The whole book hasn't been done yet. I don't own it, so it will be up to those who do to add the data. Sorry, I can't justify the expense to get the book.

Thanks for your reply. Is there any way to help?
I own the book, maybe I can modify the data (with your help) and send them to you?

Ambrose March 1st, 2012 08:07 PM

Empire: Special Units max number

Greetings,

I am new to the builder, and it is awesome. I have found what I think is an error for the Special Units of the Empire. When I select a 2000 point Empire army, and choose three (3) Great Cannons, and then select one (1) unit of Greatswordsmen, it gives me the following error (all other minimums/maximums have been met);

"you may only include 3 specials of the same type (6 if playing 3000+ points)".

The same error appears if I select three (3) Greatswordsmen and a single Cannon.

I've checked the main rule book, and page 135 states I should be able to select the above mentioned combinations. Am I missing a rule or misusing the army builder? Any feedback is appreciated.

Cheers,
Ambrose

UltraPrime March 7th, 2012 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ambrose (Post 77658)
Greetings,

I am new to the builder, and it is awesome. I have found what I think is an error for the Special Units of the Empire. When I select a 2000 point Empire army, and choose three (3) Great Cannons, and then select one (1) unit of Greatswordsmen, it gives me the following error (all other minimums/maximums have been met);

"you may only include 3 specials of the same type (6 if playing 3000+ points)".

The same error appears if I select three (3) Greatswordsmen and a single Cannon.

I've checked the main rule book, and page 135 states I should be able to select the above mentioned combinations. Am I missing a rule or misusing the army builder? Any feedback is appreciated.

Cheers,
Ambrose

Fixed. Files thoughtr both units were the same Special choice.

sonic2500 April 20th, 2012 06:44 AM

Empire Update

Does anyone know when Empire will be updated? would be a lot easier to use Army Builder than the Army book.

thanks,

UltraPrime April 20th, 2012 12:39 PM

I shall check with the little pixies at the bottom of my garden.

Cursain May 5th, 2012 02:11 PM

Empire 8th Edition Bug

**************Captain of the Empire****************
Page 88
Bug #1
It may be the battle standard bearer and also ride a Pegasus.

Bug #2
When you select the Pegasus it says 45 but actually costs 90 points

Bug #3
The Captain of the Empire can only use one type of weapon (ie Lance, Greatweapon, Pistol etc.)

****************Witch Hunter****************
Page89
Bug #1
It may choose to use both a greatweapon and/or a brace of pistols. Army Builder is limited to one or the other.

****************General of the Empire****************
Page86
Bug #1
The General of the Empire can only use one type of weapon (ie Lance, Greatweapon, Pistol etc.)

UltraPrime May 5th, 2012 02:38 PM

Fixed for next release.

GodHead May 5th, 2012 03:47 PM

Captains should be the BSB and take weapons.

Cildin May 5th, 2012 07:49 PM

Inner Circle Knights

Inner Circle Knights appear to be unable to take Steel Standard.

UltraPrime May 7th, 2012 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GodHead (Post 82018)
Captains should be the BSB and take weapons.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cildin (Post 82024)
Inner Circle Knights appear to be unable to take Steel Standard.

Fixed for next release.

Rushputin May 7th, 2012 04:44 PM

Witch Hunters - Great Weapon & Brace of Pistols should not be mutually exclusive.

RICHARDC1967 May 7th, 2012 04:47 PM

upload bug

the new update for the Empire rules doesn't seem to load. After I initially load the newest 8th Edition update it keeps asking me if I want to upload the new update everytime I access the Armybuilder program for WFB 8th Edition..

UltraPrime May 7th, 2012 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rushputin (Post 82203)
Witch Hunters - Great Weapon & Brace of Pistols should not be mutually exclusive.

I think I fixed this, try re-uploading. Or I'm misunderstanding you, only just woke up lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by RICHARDC1967 (Post 82204)
the new update for the Empire rules doesn't seem to load. After I initially load the newest 8th Edition update it keeps asking me if I want to upload the new update everytime I access the Armybuilder program for WFB 8th Edition..

Yeah, my fault. Just re-update and it will be fine (see thread further down).

taerbritish May 8th, 2012 03:09 PM

The warp ate my response, so I will repost.

Detachments should count towards the minimum 3 units an army must have as detachments are no longer purchased as an upgrade to the parent unit, but as a unit that comes from the same section. This really only matters in small games, but as that is what I am trying to play right now, the red exclamation point gets tedious.:p

Rushputin May 8th, 2012 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UltraPrime (Post 82235)
I think I fixed this, try re-uploading. Or I'm misunderstanding you, only just woke up lol

It's fixed! Thanks!

Rushputin May 8th, 2012 04:53 PM

Small error:
I get an error when I give either a Captain or General a magic weapon and a Handgun/Pistol/Longbow.

Also, making a Captain BSB removes the ability to give him normal weapons.

UltraPrime May 8th, 2012 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rushputin (Post 82323)
Small error:
I get an error when I give either a Captain or General a magic weapon and a Handgun/Pistol/Longbow.

Also, making a Captain BSB removes the ability to give him normal weapons.

Fixed for next release.

sonic2500 May 12th, 2012 01:53 AM

Empire Errors from Tamurkhan?

Hello,

When I add "Theodore Brucker" his points do not show up in the Lord section on the points break down.

Also I can not find "Lietpold the Black", has her not been added yet?

Thanks, Adam.

leapin lizard May 28th, 2012 06:28 AM

armour save shows up wrong

When giving a warrior priest on foot the armour of silvered steel his stat line gives him a 3+ armour save. It should read 2+, the AoSS gives a 2+ that cannot be improved.

aerethan June 25th, 2012 12:17 PM

BSB options

Empire BSB's no longer have any restrictions on mundane gear, but the weapons still get blocked out if you take the BSB option.

valdric July 15th, 2012 07:16 AM

This is a general magic item bug, but the Dragon Helm is supposed to give +1 armor save (like the Helm of the Skaven Slayer) as well as a 2+ ward save vs fire

UltraPrime July 30th, 2012 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leapin lizard (Post 83791)
When giving a warrior priest on foot the armour of silvered steel his stat line gives him a 3+ armour save. It should read 2+, the AoSS gives a 2+ that cannot be improved.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aerethan (Post 85520)
Empire BSB's no longer have any restrictions on mundane gear, but the weapons still get blocked out if you take the BSB option.

Above two fixed for next release.

Quote:

Originally Posted by valdric (Post 86606)
This is a general magic item bug, but the Dragon Helm is supposed to give +1 armor save (like the Helm of the Skaven Slayer) as well as a 2+ ward save vs fire

Seems fine to me, but I possibly fixed this and didn't include in update...

VPWenis August 2nd, 2012 08:46 AM

Hey Guys -

I'm new to the forums and to ArmyBuilder (I'm a mac guy), and feverishly trying to catch up on forums and software. I am currently running WFB2.45

I'm trying to make my way through the entire Empire data file to make sure all special rules are printing appropriately. It looks like you guys have done an amazing job!

I appologize if this is posted previously or if I posted it in the wrong area, but the empire data file is missing a special rule for Luthor Huss in 8th edition codex, pg 60.

- Fiery Demagogue : ...Luthor Huss also knows the following Battle Prayer
- Unbending Righteousness : Luthor and unit gain Stubborn until start of next friendly magic phase

UltraPrime August 4th, 2012 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VPWenis (Post 87910)
Hey Guys -

I'm new to the forums and to ArmyBuilder (I'm a mac guy), and feverishly trying to catch up on forums and software. I am currently running WFB2.45

I'm trying to make my way through the entire Empire data file to make sure all special rules are printing appropriately. It looks like you guys have done an amazing job!

I appologize if this is posted previously or if I posted it in the wrong area, but the empire data file is missing a special rule for Luthor Huss in 8th edition codex, pg 60.

- Fiery Demagogue : ...Luthor Huss also knows the following Battle Prayer
- Unbending Righteousness : Luthor and unit gain Stubborn until start of next friendly magic phase

Fixed for next release.

leapin lizard August 4th, 2012 10:38 AM

Thanks much for the fixes UltraPrime.

LL

VPWenis August 10th, 2012 11:58 AM

thank you!

Pitchfork August 21st, 2012 04:13 AM

Hi,
I noticed some things with a list I used recently

the arch lector on war alter is showing as having a 4+ ward which i think is only for the alter not the rider.

the demigryph knights default doesn't show strength as 4/6 and the unit champion has a different armour save and no weapon change out option from the rest of unit.

also the demigryphs movement doesn't show as 8/7 for the barding i think

Apart from that all good ! very happy