Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Hero Lab Online Discussion (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=95)
-   -   Custom Output: Name Tents? (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=60422)

GregFerguson March 23rd, 2018 05:32 PM

Custom Output: Name Tents?

It would be great to have either Official or Custom printing options for Character Name Tents, across all game systems.

I currently use Pathfinder/Starfinder, but also enjoy Call of Cthulhu and other games.

Anyone else things this is a good idea?

Farling March 24th, 2018 12:40 AM

What is a "name tent"?

Parody March 24th, 2018 05:58 AM

It's a folded piece of paper with your character's name and information on it so the other players and the GM know who you are.

RavenX March 24th, 2018 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GregFerguson (Post 264730)
It would be great to have either Official or Custom printing options for Character Name Tents, across all game systems.

I currently use Pathfinder/Starfinder, but also enjoy Call of Cthulhu and other games.

Anyone else things this is a good idea?

Cool as this seems, you could do it in Microsoft Publisher pretty quickly. Then you can print them off and take them to Kinkos or a copy place and get note pads made out of them. That's what my group did for notes and it wasn't that expensive.

Parody March 24th, 2018 05:38 PM

I printed mine on cardstock; one will last the lifetime of a PFS character.

BoomerET March 24th, 2018 09:12 PM

and much, much longer than the life of a Call of Cthulhu character.

Dave

GregFerguson March 25th, 2018 05:15 PM

Yes, but HeroLab is such a great program, it should have an option for those, they are useful for all game systems.

Farling March 26th, 2018 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GregFerguson (Post 264793)
Yes, but HeroLab is such a great program, it should have an option for those, they are useful for all game systems.

But then you don't get to mispronounce their names for the entire session based on what you heard them call themselves at the very beginning of that session (or even entire campaign). :)

Aaron March 26th, 2018 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GregFerguson (Post 264793)

I'm glad you think our program is great, but part of the reason it is the way it is, is because we try to focus on our core mission, which is the creation and maintainance of characters. While "name tents" are a good idea, they strike me as something which is outside our core mission, and as other people have already said, there are several other options easily available.

ShadowChemosh March 26th, 2018 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aaron (Post 264835)
I'm glad you think our program is great, but part of the reason it is the way it is, is because we try to focus on our core mission, which is the creation and maintainance of characters. While "name tents" are a good idea, they strike me as something which is outside our core mission, and as other people have already said, there are several other options easily available.

Custom/Community created content would solve this problem.

*cough*HLO editor*cough* ;) :D :) :eek: