Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Realm Works Discussion (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Questions and wanted features thread! (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=10061)

KIloseven July 11th, 2010 02:25 PM

Will the product be Linux-compatible? Will it work with WINE?

Aaron C July 27th, 2010 11:31 PM

Like the others, I have been nothing but impressed with the Hero Lab program, it has been the best Player digital play aid that I have purchased since the old Dungeons & Dragons 3rd edition E-tool.
Here are the items that I would like to see available for Mutants & Masterminds data file(both 2nd and the upcoming 3rd editions):

1) Campaign Outline/ Adventure Portfolio (the main interface): The main interface for the program listing adventures (past, present, and potential) much like the journal tab and/or dashboard viewfor the Hero Lab program where adventures of the campaign can be brought up.

2) Setting Planner (campaign and adventure): A place to flush out key locations for the entire campaign world and individual adventure settings (would love to see data items like the Freedom City sourcebooks and atlases incorporated in the program for/as “generic” templates).

3) NPC stat generator (low power level templates) : A miniature version of the Hero Lab program with the standard templates such as those found in the Core Rule Book Chapter 11 in the “supporting character” section.

4) Hero/Villain Import from Hero Lab: A more GM-Friendly tactical interface of Hero Lab portfolios for keeping track of how the Heroes and Villains are faring throughout the course of the adventure/campaign. Also would like to be able to save round by round results for player after action review and for future event twists (characters having flashback sequences and such)

5) Organization builder: Like the minions tab in the HL program, a subdirectory to flush out villainous/heroic/governmental organizations.

6) Printing options: Various ways of printing off the information inputted into the program such as standard adventure (w/ event text in highlighted areas), outline format, etc.

7) Event builder: An area to create events with possible outcomes as well as stat blocks and mechanics to be used when event is triggered (saves, skills, attacks, etc.)

I know that is a lot of things to read through and I don’t even know if any of them are feasible possibilities, but thank you for taking the time none the less!

I look forward to the beta.

DMG July 29th, 2010 01:50 AM

Another idea would be to allow the inclusion of custom Google Maps.

World of Darkness games are based on "real" earth & being able to use the custom information features in Google Maps would be great.

chiefweasel August 3rd, 2010 05:30 AM

Just my 2 cents, I would like to see the product be able to integrate with d20Pro. Also time tracking and weather tracking. Instantly being able to determine random encounters, complete with treasure.

Kesendeja August 18th, 2010 01:26 AM

I'd like a customizable calendar that can keep track of astronomical data (like moons phases or eclipses), months and days that exist outside of the standard months (like the 5 blank days of the Mayan calendar).

A way to manage random tables, like encounters, weather or treasure tables.

Setting detail tracker. A place to enter information about specific places in the world, custom maps, and the like.

Adventure logs, a place to keep track of what the characters have done, and how it affects those around them.

Nikmal August 23rd, 2010 08:48 AM

Will Golarion by chance be supported since Lone Wolf Development has the Paizo License now? :)

At least without having to manually type it all in ourselves?

rob September 1st, 2010 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nikmal (Post 43350)
Will Golarion by chance be supported since Lone Wolf Development has the Paizo License now? :)

At least without having to manually type it all in ourselves?

The license with Paizo is specifically for Hero Lab. We provided Paizo with an early demo of Realm Works and we've begun discussions with them. However, I don't expect anything to become definite until we get much closer to having Realm Works ready for release. Based on the lengthy period involved to secure the license for Hero Lab, a decision from Paizo could easily come well after we release Realm Works. That being said, if anyone wants to lobby Paizo to support Realm Works, we certainly won't complain. :)

LeeSmith September 7th, 2010 08:07 AM

Any updates on this product? Last post was Feb. I think this would be a great product.

LeeSmith September 7th, 2010 09:30 AM

Any news on when this product will be released?

Colen September 27th, 2010 02:53 PM

We should have a little more information in this month's newsletter, which should be out in the next few days.