Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Realm Works Discussion (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Any recent updates on the progress of Content Market (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=58633)

joepacelli June 21st, 2017 05:45 AM

Any recent updates on the progress of Content Market

I'm not trying to start any thread for people to post compliants or anything.
I'm just seeing if there is any new information about the Content Market.
Like a status report you would provide your manager on progress.

The last information we had was from before PaizoCon.

Viking2054 June 21st, 2017 07:56 AM

No news on the content market that I've seen. But hopefully we might hear something about it by GenCon.

joepacelli June 21st, 2017 08:02 AM

I would hope to hear something well before GenCon, that's 2 months away

Viking2054 June 21st, 2017 07:41 PM

I'd expect some news around GenCon... mostly because it is the biggest RPG gaming event of the year.

Lyvean June 21st, 2017 10:20 PM

I would also like to know what is the situation with 5th edition DnD content. Will it be available or not? Should I start looking into other programs?

daplunk June 21st, 2017 11:54 PM

The SRD will be available. They don't have a license currently for anything else official.

We can see they are working with Kobold Press in Hero Lab so I'd assume we will see Kobold Press 5e content at some stage.

Lyvean June 22nd, 2017 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daplunk (Post 251733)
The SRD will be available. They don't have a license currently for anything else official.

We can see they are working with Kobold Press in Hero Lab so I'd assume we will see Kobold Press 5e content at some stage.

Yeah, I know about the SRD. But, generally, that doesn't mean much, especially when the official digital tools are in beta. They had said that we would be able to buy ready adventures from the 5th in the store, which is one of the main reasons I bought Realm Works.

Was that simply a lie?

daplunk June 22nd, 2017 12:12 AM

You will be able to buy 5e products eventually yes but at this stage that product list will not include the official WOTC products.

We don't know if that situation has changed but last information we had was that LWD are seeking a license with WOTC.

Until a license is announced the 5e products they can legally sell will be restricted to products by other producers such as Kobold Press.

Lyvean June 22nd, 2017 12:59 AM

Thank you for your replies, but these news are years old, which means we have been hearing the same things over and over again with no actual progress.

Great.

kbs666 June 22nd, 2017 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lyvean (Post 251734)
Yeah, I know about the SRD. But, generally, that doesn't mean much, especially when the official digital tools are in beta. They had said that we would be able to buy ready adventures from the 5th in the store, which is one of the main reasons I bought Realm Works.

Was that simply a lie?

Official tools? I wouldn't count on those too much.