Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Pathfinder Community Packs (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=51966)

ShadowChemosh February 2nd, 2015 10:46 AM

I guess I need to work on better documentation. Sorry all I am tired and it was 20hrs this weekend to get this stuff out the door.

Each "Pack" contains everything it needs now. So in example the "GM Mythic Pack" is a COMPLETE package as it contains the Basic Pack and the GM Pack. So if you want Mythic you install just the one Pack now.

If you need just 3PP stuff when you install the 3PP Pack you get the Basic Pack and the PFS stuff also. This allows me to create a "base" to work from (ie Basic Pack) and then it is included in everything else.

So the idea is most people can get away with a single pack. Maybe a few if they need Eberron, 3PP, and GM stuff.

Many others I think will just be using the Basic Pack as players or the 3PP Pack which gives Psionics and the Basic Pack.

Theryon February 2nd, 2015 11:25 AM

Sounds good. Thanks for all your hard work!

I'm sure you'll get it figured out. It might take a bit of Pack juggling before everything fits together.

Jaynay27 February 2nd, 2015 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Theryon (Post 202808)
Sounds good. Thanks for all your hard work!

I'm sure you'll get it figured out. It might take a bit of Pack juggling before everything fits together.

Yes - thankyou so much. Your hard work is very much appreciated.

charlieluce February 2nd, 2015 03:32 PM

Question about the new pack structure. Currently I have just the Basic Pack loaded, but we have a new campaign coming up that is going to be using Eberron and Psionics, so I'm going to be loading up those soon.

Now, since the other packs contain everything in the Basic Pack, does that mean that when the Basic Pack updates, I only need to worry about downloading it if (at least one of) the other Packs didn't?

(At least I don't need the GM or Mythic Packs - yet.)

Manalishi66 February 2nd, 2015 05:12 PM

Error loading packs.

I got the following packs installed Campaign, 3PP and GM (in that order). I get the following load error:

The data files could not be loaded due to errors. Hero Lab will now attempt to load them in recovery mode. Once loaded, you can access the editor as normal to correct any errors.

The following errors occurred:

Thing 'minHrsHrac' (Minion) - Bootstrap thing 'triS2ComRi' does not exist

I meet all the content requirements to use the packs....please help!

P.S., this is a clean install

ShadowChemosh February 2nd, 2015 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by charlieluce (Post 202829)
Question about the new pack structure. Currently I have just the Basic Pack loaded, but we have a new campaign coming up that is going to be using Eberron and Psionics, so I'm going to be loading up those soon.

Loading these in Windows/Mac should be perfectly fine. Its only iPad that is having issues with multiple packs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by charlieluce (Post 202829)
Now, since the other packs contain everything in the Basic Pack, does that mean that when the Basic Pack updates, I only need to worry about downloading it if (at least one of) the other Packs didn't?

Oh good question!

When the Basic Pack updates that means a new version will go out for EVERY other Pack. This is because everything is built upon the foundation of the Basic Pack. So the release notes for the 3PP Pack may just say "Basic Pack" updated. So you would need to look at the Basic Pack notes to see what really changed/added. :)

I am not sure yet but I may roll into a release schedule of every Third/Fourth day of the month. This would put me a few days out after LW releases there monthly update. That would give me time to fix any issues that come up from an official Pathfinder release. *NOTE: This is not set in stone. It depends on how well this works out time wise and how much faster using GitHub makes things.*

ShadowChemosh February 2nd, 2015 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manalishi66 (Post 202837)
I got the following packs installed Campaign, 3PP and GM (in that order). I get the following load error:

The data files could not be loaded due to errors. Hero Lab will now attempt to load them in recovery mode. Once loaded, you can access the editor as normal to correct any errors.

Thing 'minHrsHrac' (Minion) - Bootstrap thing 'triS2ComRi' does not exist

I meet all the content requirements to use the packs....please help!

P.S., this is a clean install

Looking into this. But trS2ComRi does not exist in the Community Files it exists in a individual download of PFRPG_AnimalCompanionArmorRAW.user from d20pfsrd. I also can not find minHrsHrac in any file. Hmmm

So here is my guess that you had PFRPG_AnimalCompanionArmorRAW.user installed at one point which overrides the Combat Riding trick. You then made a new "minion" creature yourself with a Unique ID of "minHrsHrac" which bootstraps the Combat Riding trick.

So you have two choices:
1) Download "PFRPG_AnimalCompanionArmorRAW.user" from d20pfsrd and place it into your programData\herolab\data\pathfinder folder.
2) Open the editor to your custom minion with a Unique ID of "minHrsHrac" and click on the "Bootstrap" button in the top right corner. Change the bootstrap of "triS2ComRi" to be "triComRide". Save your changes and restart HL.

Manalishi66 February 2nd, 2015 06:29 PM

Thanks you!

You helped me narrow it down. Adding that file fixed it. I thinks it was a character I had that was referring to the missing file or some other user file that I put in the path folder and forgot to remove as I wanted to check the install before adding my user files.. Stuff hasppens but thanks again Shadow!

Kliqueman February 2nd, 2015 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh (Post 202741)
The installer does not move all the files correctly on some peoples machines. Install it again.

I am really SORRY but the installer does not like moving this many files around. Please Run the Installer SEVERAL times to get it to correctly install these changes. Not everyone needs to but anyone with "Duplicate record encountered" should do this.

I keep getting duplicates of the gm mythic pack no matter how many times I keep installing.

Code:

File: COM_GMMythicPack_AP073 - The Worldwound Incursion.user (line 4) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('pAP73BrkLg')
File: COM_GMMythicPack_AP074 - Sword of Valor.user (line 3) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('raAP74SCBt')
File: COM_GMMythicPack_AP074 - Sword of Valor.user (line 11) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('raAP74SCrJ')
File: COM_GMMythicPack_AP074 - Sword of Valor.user (line 20) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('raAP74SDmc')
File: COM_GMMythicPack_AP074 - Sword of Valor.user (line 42) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('raAP74SMyB')
File: COM_GMMythicPack_AP074 - Sword of Valor.user (line 65) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('raAP74ExEn')
File: COM_GMMythicPack_AP074 - Sword of Valor.user (line 76) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('raAP74ExPM')
File: COM_GMMythicPack_AP074 - Sword of Valor.user (line 88) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('raAP47ExSB')
File: COM_GMMythicPack_AP074 - Sword of Valor.user (line 99) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('raAP74ExSh')
File: COM_GMMythicPack_AP074 - Sword of Valor.user (line 111) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('raAP47ExSD')
File: COM_GMMythicPack_AP075 - Demons Heresy.user (line 3) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('pAP75Arues')
File: COM_GMMythicPack_AP075 - Demons Heresy.user (line 27) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('raAP75ArPR')
File: COM_GMMythicPack_AP075 - Demons Heresy.user (line 100) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('pAP75Xanth')
File: COM_GMMythicPack_AP075 - Demons Heresy.user (line 108) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('raAP75XnCn')
File: COM_GMMythicPack_AP075 - Demons Heresy.user (line 113) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('raAP75ArIv')
File: COM_GMMythicPack_AP075 - Demons Heresy.user (line 120) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('raAP75ArRd')
File: COM_GMMythicPack_AP075 - Demons Heresy.user (line 141) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('pAP75Jerri')
File: COM_GMMythicPack_AP075 - Demons Heresy.user (line 147) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('raAP75JeCS')
File: COM_GMMythicPack_AP076 - The Midnight Isles.user (line 8) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('raAP76BapD')
File: COM_GMMythicPack_AP076 - The Midnight Isles.user (line 45) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('pAP76Minag')
File: COM_GMMythicPack_AP076 - The Midnight Isles.user (line 55) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('pAP76Hepza')
File: COM_GMMythicPack_AP077 - Herald of the Ivory Labyrinth.user (line 8) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('raAP77YlCj')
File: COM_GMMythicPack_AP077 - Herald of the Ivory Labyrinth.user (line 16) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('raAP77VRej')
File: COM_GMMythicPack_AP077 - Herald of the Ivory Labyrinth.user (line 30) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('raAP77ChaD')
File: COM_GMMythicPack_AP077 - Herald of the Ivory Labyrinth.user (line 44) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('raAP77Evas')
File: COM_GMMythicPack_AP077 - Herald of the Ivory Labyrinth.user (line 50) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('raAP77WBrW')
File: COM_GMMythicPack_AP077 - Herald of the Ivory Labyrinth.user (line 66) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('raAP77WCrB')
File: COM_GMMythicPack_AP077 - Herald of the Ivory Labyrinth.user (line 78) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('raAPWICha')
File: COM_GMMythicPack_AP077 - Herald of the Ivory Labyrinth.user (line 85) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('pAP77FthWm')
File: COM_GMMythicPack_AP077 - Herald of the Ivory Labyrinth.user (line 103) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('raAP77WEnD')
File: COM_GMMythicPack_AP077 - Herald of the Ivory Labyrinth.user (line 129) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('pAP77Verbo')
File: COM_GMMythicPack_AP077 - Herald of the Ivory Labyrinth.user (line 146) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('raAP77PUEP')
File: COM_GMMythicPack_AP077 - Herald of the Ivory Labyrinth.user (line 160) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('raAP77PUPU')
File: COM_GMMythicPack_AP077 - Herald of the Ivory Labyrinth.user (line 172) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('raAp77PURg')
File: COM_GMMythicPack_AP077 - Herald of the Ivory Labyrinth.user (line 183) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('raAP77PUID')
File: COM_GMMythicPack_AP077 - Herald of the Ivory Labyrinth.user (line 200) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('pAP77PoolU')
File: COM_GMMythicPack_AP077 - Herald of the Ivory Labyrinth.user (line 217) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('raAP77PURc')
File: COM_GMMythicPack_AP077 - Herald of the Ivory Labyrinth.user (line 227) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('raAP77TrkC')
File: COM_GMMythicPack_AP077 - Herald of the Ivory Labyrinth.user (line 233) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('pAP77Inger')
File: COM_GMMythicPack_AP077 - Herald of the Ivory Labyrinth.user (line 246) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('raAP77IgrA')
File: COM_GMMythicPack_AP077 - Herald of the Ivory Labyrinth.user (line 275) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('raAP77SmkB')
File: COM_GMMythicPack_AP077 - Herald of the Ivory Labyrinth.user (line 289) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('pAP77Igram')
File: COM_GMMythicPack_AP077 - Herald of the Ivory Labyrinth.user (line 299) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('raAP77IgrS')
File: COM_GMMythicPack_AP077 - Herald of the Ivory Labyrinth.user (line 361) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('raAP77IgrD')
File: COM_GMMythicPack_AP077 - Herald of the Ivory Labyrinth.user (line 372) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('rAP77Heral')
File: COM_GMMythicPack_AP077 - Herald of the Ivory Labyrinth.user (line 568) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('raAP77GlvM')
File: COM_GMMythicPack_AP077 - Herald of the Ivory Labyrinth.user (line 598) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('raAP77HInf')
File: COM_GMMythicPack_AP077 - Herald of the Ivory Labyrinth.user (line 605) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('raAP77MzGz')
File: COM_GMMythicPack_AP077 - Herald of the Ivory Labyrinth.user (line 616) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('raAP77RepF')
File: COM_GMMythicPack_AP077 - Herald of the Ivory Labyrinth.user (line 624) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('raAP77SmIo')

Should I be reinstalling all the feb 1st updates, or just the mythic?

EDIT Deleting everything only reinstalling both the mythic and 3pp seemed to fix it.

ShadowChemosh February 2nd, 2015 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kliqueman (Post 202862)
I keep getting duplicates of the gm mythic pack no matter how many times I keep installing.

Should I be reinstalling all the feb 1st updates, or just the mythic?

EDIT Deleting everything only reinstalling both the mythic and 3pp seemed to fix it.

Glad its working. I made a tweak to the GM Mythic Pack and it should now install correctly for anyone else. Sorry! :(

Also note going forward you just need to download new versions of the GM Mythic Pack only. :)

Mad Hamish February 3rd, 2015 07:31 AM

I've got a character in Wrath of the Rigtheous and when I load him I'm getting a message "pick 'iCBRadianc' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch 886".

ShadowChemosh February 3rd, 2015 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Hamish (Post 202891)
I've got a character in Wrath of the Rigtheous and when I load him I'm getting a message "pick 'iCBRadianc' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch 886".

That is the Community Created version of Radiance that I built as it has a user option to auto-increase itself as its powers are unlocked.

I just double checked and it is in the Basic Pack. So I am going to assume either you don't have one of the "New" packs installed or its giving an error as soon as you start Pathfinder. That causes HL to go into safe mode.

So do the following:
1) Go to "Tools->Manage Third Party Updates" and tell what displays here.
2) If you are getting ANY message as soon as you start HL then right click and copy it and paste it here.

Dischord February 3rd, 2015 12:02 PM

Getting this message

I'm getting this error message I have reloaded several times and this is the only error I get.

File: PFRPG_PlayerPack_Sources.1st (line 21) - Source - Duplicate record encountered ('srcHideDei')

Daengren February 3rd, 2015 03:21 PM

Module Data Files Missing

All I have is the basic pack installed. I removed all 3rd party updates and re-installed the Basic Pack (V3.4, 82 files) and when I open my characters i get the following:

"one or more required sources are not accessible for hero 'Insert name here'. Subsequent errors may be the result of this problem.
Critical information not found in the data files: Source "Broken Chains"
Critical information not found in the data files: Source "Crypt of the Everflame"
Critical information not found in the data files: Source "Master of the Fallen Fortress"
Critical information not found in the data files: Source "No Response from Deepmar"

I apologize if this has been addressed already, but what can I do to fix this?

ShadowChemosh February 3rd, 2015 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dischord (Post 202919)
I'm getting this error message I have reloaded several times and this is the only error I get.

File: PFRPG_PlayerPack_Sources.1st (line 21) - Source - Duplicate record encountered ('srcHideDei')

I have corrected the Basic Pack to take into account this old file. Please download one more time and you should be good to go. Sorry! :(

ShadowChemosh February 3rd, 2015 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daengren (Post 202944)
All I have is the basic pack installed. I removed all 3rd party updates and re-installed the Basic Pack (V3.4, 82 files) and when I open my characters i get the following:

"one or more required sources are not accessible for hero 'Insert name here'. Subsequent errors may be the result of this problem.
Critical information not found in the data files: Source "Broken Chains"
Critical information not found in the data files: Source "Crypt of the Everflame"
Critical information not found in the data files: Source "Master of the Fallen Fortress"
Critical information not found in the data files: Source "No Response from Deepmar"

I apologize if this has been addressed already, but what can I do to fix this?

So these Books/Modules use to exist in the Community Player Pack but I removed them as they actually didn't have any Player stuff.

So to clean this up is pretty easy. Just open your character again and press OK through the message and go to "Portfolio->Strip Missing Sources". Save your character and you are good to go. :)

ShadowChemosh February 3rd, 2015 05:56 PM

I updated FAQ#6 with an easier way to do a clean install. So if you run into any issues removing all the old Community packages and any "new" Packs first will make things go smoother. Then just download and install the Pack or Packs you need.

Dischord February 3rd, 2015 08:03 PM

All good now

Downloaded again and works great, thanks for all that you do for us, makes a great resource even better.

Mad Hamish February 4th, 2015 02:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh (Post 202910)
That is the Community Created version of Radiance that I built as it has a user option to auto-increase itself as its powers are unlocked.

I just double checked and it is in the Basic Pack. So I am going to assume either you don't have one of the "New" packs installed or its giving an error as soon as you start Pathfinder. That causes HL to go into safe mode.

So do the following:
1) Go to "Tools->Manage Third Party Updates" and tell what displays here.
2) If you are getting ANY message as soon as you start HL then right click and copy it and paste it here.

At Manage Third Party Updates
I've got
Pathfinder GM Pack V3.0
Pathfinder GM Mythic Pack V3.0
Pathfinder Campaign Pack V3.2
Pathfinder 3PP Pack V1.2
Pathfinder Basic Pack V3.4

I'm not seeing any errors Loading herolab or loading Pathfinder.

ShadowChemosh February 4th, 2015 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Hamish (Post 202969)
At Manage Third Party Updates
I've got
Pathfinder GM Pack V3.0
Pathfinder GM Mythic Pack V3.0
Pathfinder Campaign Pack V3.2
Pathfinder 3PP Pack V1.2
Pathfinder Basic Pack V3.4

I'm not seeing any errors Loading herolab or loading Pathfinder.

So the GM Pack is inside the Mythic Pack so its just a doubling of files. And then the Basic Pack is inside of all those other Packs. I don't think it should cause issues have them all other than waste of bandwidth to keep updating them all. I did testing before but I do wonder if this specific file is being affected by have ALL the Packs installed. Hmmm

So you could delete the GM Pack and Basic Pack. And then download the GM Mythic Pack one more time and let it install. See if that causes the Radiance sword to show up correctly. If that works let me know so I can see about trying to duplicate the issue. If I can duplicate it I should be able fix it then.

Fionavar February 4th, 2015 03:33 PM

Hi there I am getting a whack of errors with the Feb 1 updates. What packages should I have? Just the GM Mythic Pack and nothing else? My context is a GM and would like to make sure I have everything in place without duplication:

Currently Installed:Community Bestiary 2.25; PCP 3.2, 3PP 1.2. PBP 3.4. Hotfix 2.25

Errors:

File: PFRPG_Bestiary_Sources.1st (line 161) - Source - Duplicate record encountered ('srcHideDei')
File: PFRPG_Module_Sources.1st (line 14) - Source - Duplicate record encountered ('pModules')
File: PFRPG_Module_Sources.1st (line 22) - Source - Duplicate record encountered ('pModuSRD')
File: PFRPG_Module_Sources.1st (line 32) - Source - Duplicate record encountered ('srcCrKobK')
File: PFRPG_Module_Sources.1st (line 40) - Source - Duplicate record encountered ('srcHollLHp')
File: PFRPG_Module_Sources.1st (line 48) - Source - Duplicate record encountered ('srcCqtBsVl')
File: PFRPG_Module_Sources.1st (line 56) - Source - Duplicate record encountered ('srcSvnSin')
File: PFRPG_Module_Sources.1st (line 64) - Source - Duplicate record encountered ('srcGalEvil')
File: PFRPG_Module_Sources.1st (line 72) - Source - Duplicate record encountered ('srcEntPhar')
File: PFRPG_Module_Sources.1st (line 80) - Source - Duplicate record encountered ('srcCarnTea')
File: PFRPG_Module_Sources.1st (line 96) - Source - Duplicate record encountered ('srcGrdDrg')
File: PFRPG_Module_Sources.1st (line 104) - Source - Duplicate record encountered ('srcHangN')
File: PFRPG_Module_Sources.1st (line 112) - Source - Duplicate record encountered ('srcCrucChs')
File: PFRPG_Module_Sources.1st (line 120) - Source - Duplicate record encountered ('srcDemWth')
File: PFRPG_Module_Sources.1st (line 128) - Source - Duplicate record encountered ('srcRvrDrkn')
File: PFRPG_Module_Sources.1st (line 136) - Source - Duplicate record encountered ('srcFltRdRv')
File: PFRPG_Module_Sources.1st (line 144) - Source - Duplicate record encountered ('srcRvgKbld')
File: PFRPG_Module_Sources.1st (line 152) - Source - Duplicate record encountered ('srcTwLstBr')
File: PFRPG_Module_Sources.1st (line 160) - Source - Duplicate record encountered ('srcHngDead')
File: PFRPG_Module_Sources.1st (line 168) - Source - Duplicate record encountered ('srcTrsChim')
File: PFRPG_Module_Sources.1st (line 176) - Source - Duplicate record encountered ('srcPctStn')
File: PFRPG_Module_Sources.1st (line 184) - Source - Duplicate record encountered ('srcClshKS')
File: PFRPG_Module_Sources.1st (line 208) - Source - Duplicate record encountered ('srcFangKe')
File: PFRPG_Module_Sources.1st (line 218) - Source - Duplicate record encountered ('srcMurdMrk')
File: PFRPG_Module_Sources.1st (line 234) - Source - Duplicate record encountered ('srcCityDea')
File: PFRPG_Module_Sources.1st (line 242) - Source - Duplicate record encountered ('srcMidMirr')
File: PFRPG_Module_Sources.1st (line 250) - Source - Duplicate record encountered ('srcWeGob')
File: PFRPG_Module_Sources.1st (line 258) - Source - Duplicate record encountered ('srcWeGob2')
File: PFRPG_Module_Sources.1st (line 275) - Source - Duplicate record encountered ('srcCarHill')
File: PFRPG_Module_Sources.1st (line 283) - Source - Duplicate record encountered ('srcMskLvG')
File: PFRPG_Module_Sources.1st (line 291) - Source - Duplicate record encountered ('srcRlmFelQ')
File: PFRPG_Module_Sources.1st (line 299) - Source - Duplicate record encountered ('srcFrmShS')
File: PFRPG_Module_Sources.1st (line 307) - Source - Duplicate record encountered ('srcCseRvSk')
File: PFRPG_Module_Sources.1st (line 315) - Source - Duplicate record encountered ('srcWitchL')
File: PFRPG_Module_Sources.1st (line 323) - Source - Duplicate record encountered ('srcGodHer')
File: PFRPG_Module_Sources.1st (line 331) - Source - Duplicate record encountered ('srcCultEbD')
File: PFRPG_Module_Sources.1st (line 339) - Source - Duplicate record encountered ('srcTombIrM')
File: PFRPG_Module_Sources.1st (line 347) - Source - Duplicate record encountered ('srcAcadSec')
File: PFRPG_Module_Sources.1st (line 355) - Source - Duplicate record encountered ('srcHarrow')
File: PFRPG_Module_Sources.1st (line 363) - Source - Duplicate record encountered ('srcFeastRv')
File: PFRPG_Module_Sources.1st (line 371) - Source - Duplicate record encountered ('srcRubyPhx')
File: PFRPG_Module_Sources.1st (line 387) - Source - Duplicate record encountered ('srcDawnSS')
File: PFRPG_Module_Sources.1st (line 403) - Source - Duplicate record encountered ('srcDoom')
File: PFRPG_Module_Sources.1st (line 411) - Source - Duplicate record encountered ('srcDrgDem')
File: PFRPG_Module_Sources.1st (line 419) - Source - Duplicate record encountered ('srcMoonsca')
File: PFRPG_Module_Sources.1st (line 427) - Source - Duplicate record encountered ('srcEmerSpi')
File: PFRPG_Module_Sources.1st (line 435) - Source - Duplicate record encountered ('srcWardFrg')
File: PFRPG_PFS Boon Sources.1st (line 10) - Source - Duplicate record encountered ('PFS_Boons')

coyote6 February 4th, 2015 03:37 PM

I'm getting this message when I load Pathfinder:

File: COM_GMMythicPack_AP073 - The Worldwound Incursion.user (line 4) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('pAP73BrkLg')

I removed everything but the FGG Pathfinder Content, Open Design, and the Pathfinder GM Mythic Pack. I reloaded the Mythic Pack.

Any ideas?

EDIT: I fixed it. I deleted the Mythic GM Pack again, then closed HL, then reloaded - no error. Then I re-imported the file, closed HL again, opened it - ta-da! No errors.

Thanks.

coyote6 February 4th, 2015 03:59 PM

However, I am getting the same error as Mad Hamish regarding (the super-excellent genius scaling version of) Radiance. iCBRadianc has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch 924.

When I create a new portfolio, there is only one version of Radiance available to pick, the static +1 version.

I have the Wrath of the Righteous AP selected; is that all that's needed to get to iCBRadianc? I tried selecting ShadowChemosh's Equipment, on the off chance it was hidden in there, but that didn't seem to do it.

ShadowChemosh February 4th, 2015 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fionavar (Post 203015)
Hi there I am getting a whack of errors with the Feb 1 updates. What packages should I have? Just the GM Mythic Pack and nothing else? My context is a GM and would like to make sure I have everything in place without duplication:

Currently Installed:Community Bestiary 2.25; PCP 3.2, 3PP 1.2. PBP 3.4. Hotfix 2.25

I don't know "why" but the installer is not "moving" all the files to the new names. So we get this duplicate issue set of errors.

So my suggestion for you is to start HL go past the errors and then go to "Tools->Manage Third Party Updates". Sense you have nothing but community stuff delete them all including the Packs. So ALL Community Stuff gets deleted.

Then if you have "Mythic Adventures" you can download "Pathfinder GM Mythic Pack" else download the "Pathfinder GM Pack" which contains the Basic Pack. Then you also can download the Campaign Pack and the 3PP Pack and install those again.

You should be good to go as all previous files where removed so the installer will not have to do any 'renames' during the install. :)

ShadowChemosh February 4th, 2015 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coyote6 (Post 203017)
However, I am getting the same error as Mad Hamish regarding (the super-excellent genius scaling version of) Radiance. iCBRadianc has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch 924.

When I create a new portfolio, there is only one version of Radiance available to pick, the static +1 version.

I have the Wrath of the Righteous AP selected; is that all that's needed to get to iCBRadianc? I tried selecting ShadowChemosh's Equipment, on the off chance it was hidden in there, but that didn't seem to do it.

All that should be needed is to turn on Wrath of the Righteous. Umm....

So try this and let me know what you find.
1) Start HL.
2) Go to "Tools->Show Editor".
3) "File->Open Data File".
4) look for the file "COM_BasicPack_AP073 - The Worldwound Incursion.user" and open it up.

So let me know if you can find the file named "COM_BasicPack_AP073 - The Worldwound Incursion.user". If so look at the "Equipment->Magic, Weapon" tab and see if you see Radiance....

I am not getting why yet on this issue.... :(

Update: I just loaded the Basic Pack on my iPad and I can't find Radiance either. But I can see the file loaded and I can see the data on GitHub. WTF???????????????

coyote6 February 4th, 2015 04:34 PM

Yeah, I can see the entry for Radiance in the editor. iCBRadianc.

Hah. I hit the Test Now button, then closed the editor, and suddenly, I see both Radiances listed. Loading the portfolio with the paladin PC, I get no more missing error.

That is bizarre. I'll have to try it at home and see what happens.

Edit: BUT, when I exit HL, then reload the PC's portfolio, iCBRadianc is back to being missing. Super-bizarre. Retesting it in the editor causes it to appear again, once I reload the portfolio.

ShadowChemosh February 4th, 2015 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coyote6 (Post 203025)
Yeah, I can see the entry for Radiance in the editor. iCBRadianc.

Hah. I hit the Test Now button, then closed the editor, and suddenly, I see both Radiances listed. Loading the portfolio with the paladin PC, I get no more missing error.

That is bizarre. I'll have to try it at home and see what happens.

Thank you for getting back to me. I have a good idea of what went wrong. Its the new XML encoding change that HL did a version back. I am 99% sure that is the reason why it does not get picked up normally for compile.

I can test that theory when I get home and if it is the reason I can put out a new fix tonight.

Quote:

Originally Posted by coyote6 (Post 203025)
Edit: BUT, when I exit HL, then reload the PC's portfolio, iCBRadianc is back to being missing. Super-bizarre. Retesting it in the editor causes it to appear again, once I reload the portfolio.

Actually this is what I expected to happen which means I more sure I know what is going on. Which is actually a "GOOD" thing. :)

Fionavar February 4th, 2015 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh (Post 203020)
I don't know "why" but the installer is not "moving" all the files to the new names. So we get this duplicate issue set of errors.

So my suggestion for you is to start HL go past the errors and then go to "Tools->Manage Third Party Updates". Sense you have nothing but community stuff delete them all including the Packs. So ALL Community Stuff gets deleted.

Then if you have "Mythic Adventures" you can download "Pathfinder GM Mythic Pack" else download the "Pathfinder GM Pack" which contains the Basic Pack. Then you also can download the Campaign Pack and the 3PP Pack and install those again.

You should be good to go as all previous files where removed so the installer will not have to do any 'renames' during the install. :)

Thanks - can I install the Bestiary as well and do I still need the hotfix?

DISREGARD: Saw that the Bestiary has been incorporated and your direction worked - thanks for your support and energy!

Krothos February 4th, 2015 07:59 PM

Sorry for the silly question as I'm fairly new to the software, but are these pack necessary for Hero Labs? As I'm reading through the various forum postings, it appears that many of the issues found in HL is corrected/updated in a community pack. So IMHO, shouldn't these packs be included with the HL data if they provide such an important impact on the core software?

Fionavar February 4th, 2015 08:03 PM

Hi Krothos,

ShadowChemosh has been transition the packs to a newer format and that is why there is such a learning curve. They are well worth it - if you want more balanced and access to some items that have not been ported to HL. Perhaps look at the titles covered and if they do not fit your needs, then not to worry. In my experience, fwiiw, they are well worth it and the support of the community is pretty awesome!

ShadowChemosh February 4th, 2015 09:14 PM

The following Packs have been updated. For details click the links:
Summary of Changes
1) Fixed the Wrath of the Righteous player file from loading into memory.
2) Other Packs updated because the Basic Pack was updated.

If you run into issues it maybe worth doing a "Fresh Clean Install" on Windows/Mac. For details see FAQ#6.

ShadowChemosh February 4th, 2015 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krothos (Post 203038)
Sorry for the silly question as I'm fairly new to the software, but are these pack necessary for Hero Labs? As I'm reading through the various forum postings, it appears that many of the issues found in HL is corrected/updated in a community pack. So IMHO, shouldn't these packs be included with the HL data if they provide such an important impact on the core software?

I agree with what Fionavar said but to add some additional thoughts.

The Community Packs are sometimes not up to "Lone Wolf" standards so they are not up to be incorporate directly into the software. We the "community" often have some different ideas on design and will implement things differently. For example my ShadowChemosh version of Vital Strike can be activated on the In-Play tab. LW does not agree that it should do that.

Eberron is not OGL or CUP and really could not be released by LW for those reasons but as I am providing it "free" and from my own "servers" LW wont stop it.

So basically this is like "addons" you would install for Firefox or Chrome or World of Warcraft made by other people than those that made Firefox/Chrome. So they will do things differently. Which some people may agree with it and others I have seen do not want to deal with the "issues" that can happen from these community addons.

So basically its giving you more 'choices' is all. And choice is a good thing. :D

Krothos February 4th, 2015 09:30 PM

Thank you for the information, and a BIG thank you for all your work into the project. :) I did manage to download and look at some of the new features you created. Very nice work!

radionausea February 5th, 2015 01:08 AM

Hi, these are working great!

One thing I've noticed though is that the human ethnicities aside from those from Eberron, Dragon Empires ,People of the North, and Razor Coast have disappeared.

Mad Hamish February 5th, 2015 02:52 AM

ShadowChemosh, just confirming that the new version has fixed the missing object issue.
Thanks for all the work you've done on this.

Pollution February 5th, 2015 08:31 AM

Hey, love the new format for these packs. And the last update completely fixed my errors after uninstall/restart/reinstall of the packs.

Stupid question though about PFS boons....

I can't find ANY of the boons I have in your list. Like...none. I have...

PFFS Siege of the Diamond City (Season 5) - Siege-Hardened
PFFS Siege of the Diamond City (Season 5) - Defender of Nerosyan
PFS #5-08 The Confirmation - Confirmed Field Agent
PFS #5-08 The Confirmation - Explore, Report, Cooperate
PFS #5-08 The Confirmation - Friend of Janira Gavix

(I may be wrong about having all 3 of the 5-08's, but I can't find ANY of them)

Am I missing something, or are they not there?

ShadowChemosh February 5th, 2015 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Hamish (Post 203051)
ShadowChemosh, just confirming that the new version has fixed the missing object issue.
Thanks for all the work you've done on this.

Correct the upgradable version of Radiance now correctly displays for me in testing. So if you are still having issues let me know but I am confident I fixed the issue.

Quote:

Originally Posted by radionausea (Post 203049)
Hi, these are working great!

One thing I've noticed though is that the human ethnicities aside from those from Eberron, Dragon Empires ,People of the North, and Razor Coast have disappeared.

Yea this is caused by the Eberron campaign when it is turned on. I didn't fully implement this correctly and I plan to fix in the next release soon. See THIS thread for details to manually turn the feature off for now. But basically turning on Eberron hides the ISWG ethnicities. I need to put in a new "option" like with the Deities where a person can turn the feature on/off.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pollution (Post 203064)
Hey, love the new format for these packs. And the last update completely fixed my errors after uninstall/restart/reinstall of the packs.

Stupid question though about PFS boons....

I can't find ANY of the boons I have in your list. Like...none. I have...

PFFS Siege of the Diamond City (Season 5) - Siege-Hardened
PFFS Siege of the Diamond City (Season 5) - Defender of Nerosyan
PFS #5-08 The Confirmation - Confirmed Field Agent
PFS #5-08 The Confirmation - Explore, Report, Cooperate
PFS #5-08 The Confirmation - Friend of Janira Gavix

(I may be wrong about having all 3 of the 5-08's, but I can't find ANY of them)

Am I missing something, or are they not there?

I will need to look into this as I didn't write the PFS Boons stuff. I actually know very little about PFS. So Risner wrote the scripts and features and I just merged it in. I know it uses some of Basic Pack Paizo Module features and its why I left it in the Basic Pack.

radionausea February 5th, 2015 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh
Yea this is caused by the Eberron campaign when it is turned on. I didn't fully implement this correctly and I plan to fix in the next release soon. See THIS thread for details to manually turn the feature off for now. But basically turning on Eberron hides the ISWG ethnicities. I need to put in a new "option" like with the Deities where a person can turn the feature on/off.

Thanks worked great

ShadowChemosh February 5th, 2015 02:44 PM

The following Packs have been updated. For details click the links:Summary of Changes

Bug Fixes
  • Some monsters where missing the Eberron Source.
  • ISWG ethnicities where being hidden when the Eberron Source was turned on. A new Configure Your Hero option was added to allow you to hide non-Eberron ethnicities or not.
  • The Living Spells creature will now correctly calculate its CR rating based on the rules on page 295 of the ECS book.
  • Eberron Stock files updated to the lasted HL version so that they will correctly work with the HL Encounter Builder and Realm Works.
New Features
  • A new Configure Your Hero option "Hide Non-Eberron Ethnicities" was added to allow gamers to decide to hide all non-Eberron ethnicities or not.
Data File Authoring
  • Eberron.Ethnicity added. This tag must be placed on any Racial Custom Specials that are Ethnicities for Eberron. Without this tag your Ethnicity will be hidden when the new "Hide Non-Eberron Ethnicties" is turned on.
If you run into issues it maybe worth doing a "Fresh Clean Install" on Windows/Mac. For details see FAQ#6.

Dianae February 6th, 2015 06:53 PM

Error picked up
Quote:

have Mythic GM Pack
3pp Pack
and Gestalt installed.

Fixed with a "clean" install