Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Size Changing Racial Ability (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=20555)

AndrewD2 April 14th, 2012 08:04 PM

Size Changing Racial Ability

I'm working on implementing an ability that changes a gnome from small to diminutive.

My code is currently
Code:

<thing id="raRPGnoTri" name="Trixie Transformation" compset="RaceSpec" summary="you become diminuative and may grow wings" uniqueness="unique">
    <tag group="Helper" tag="ShowSpec"/>
    <tag group="AbilType" tag="Super"/>
    <tag group="User" tag="Activation"/>
    <tag group="User" tag="Tracker"/>
    <eval phase="UserFirst" priority="2000">doneif (field[abilActive].value = 0)

hero.child[aDEX].field[Bonus].value += 4
hero.child[aSTR].field[Penalty].value -= 6

~we want to decrease our size by -2
      var sizemod as number
      sizemod = -2
      call SizeChange</eval>
    </thing>

I based that on the adjustment for Reduce Person and Enlarge person, changing the appropriate values to adjust the strength lower and the dexterity higher and adjusting the size down 2 so be diminutive instead of tiny.

Anyways, when activated as it is currently everything seems to update properly, except the AC. Currently I get the +3 AC for the size change, but not the bonus from the dexterity increase. If I comment out the size change I get the bonus from dexterity. I can't see what I am missing here.

Any ideas?

Andrew

Mathias April 15th, 2012 08:39 AM

Does it lower the encumbrance limit so far that the test character becomes encumbered, and starts taking Max Dex limits from the encumbrance (if you're testing on a PC, the 3 lbs of coins that's the default starting cash would be medium encumbrance to a diminutive creature with an effective strength of 2). Medium encumbrance's max dex of +3 may be limiting the effectveness of the DEX bonus you're adding.

AndrewD2 April 15th, 2012 08:47 AM

Doh, yeah that was it. Now this ability is supposed to resize all equipment with the character. Is there a way to do that?

ShadowChemosh April 15th, 2012 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndrewD2 (Post 80394)
Doh, yeah that was it. Now this ability is supposed to resize all equipment with the character. Is there a way to do that?

You have the script set to phase="UserFirst" priority="2000". For size change stuff I have always used "First 1,000".

See if that fixes the equipment not changing size.

AndrewD2 April 15th, 2012 02:22 PM

That does not seem to change anything.

Sendric April 16th, 2012 04:18 AM

This is the script I use in d20. You may be able to port it over to pathfinder, but I haven't checked. Might at least be a starting point:

Code:

foreach pick in hero from MyGear
        eachpick.field[gSizeMod].value += field[pAdjust].value
        nexteach

Mathias April 16th, 2012 07:51 AM

Sendric, the SizeChange procedure in Pathfinder, which he's calling, includes that code. That's why ShadowChemosh is trying to help him track down why it isn't having the effect it's supposed to.

ShadowChemosh and AndrewD2 - I'd look into which items you're testing this on - double check that they're ones that are supposed to be changing size, rather than items whose size is fixed.

Sendric April 16th, 2012 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mathias (Post 80426)
Sendric, the SizeChange procedure in Pathfinder, which he's calling, includes that code. That's why ShadowChemosh is trying to help him track down why it isn't having the effect it's supposed to.

Man...your Pathfinder code is so much cooler than d20.

ShadowChemosh April 16th, 2012 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mathias (Post 80426)
ShadowChemosh and AndrewD2 - I'd look into which items you're testing this on - double check that they're ones that are supposed to be changing size, rather than items whose size is fixed.

Yea good suggestion also is the size changes going smaller but are they still putting your character over weight because the Str is going down so much?

From my quick testing last night everything was changing size correctly.

@AndrewD2 do you have any specific examples of equipment, armor, magic items, or something that is NOT changing size?

AndrewD2 April 16th, 2012 11:16 AM

Well I just tried with padded armor, which weighs 5 lbs as small, and should only weigh 1lb as diminutive, and it stayed 5lbs when I clicked the box to change size.