Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Realm Works Feature Requests (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   Duplicating a Realm (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=51874)

Dexterward January 12th, 2015 04:29 AM

Duplicating a Realm

Being a DM with several gaming groups, and playing into the same universe but diffrent storylines, I wondered if a function allowing to duplicate a whole realm would be implemented.

It woul be a great gain of time concerning the implementation of world topics (which are quite numerous into my active realm). Unless I've missed an existing functionnality.

This would allow to play with multiple groups into the same universe, and not reveal stuff to every groups at the same time.

Viking2054 January 12th, 2015 09:05 AM

They are working on this. However, from what I understand, there is an underlying feature that sharing a realm with yourself requires first... the marketplace. Once everything is in place we should be able to make pristine realms and then share them with ourselves so we can let various groups muck it all up.

jerrycnh January 20th, 2015 09:03 PM

Or also the ability to JUST bring over the custom categories.

I have a LOT of custom categories in my Realm. Nothing personal, the established categories just don't order information quite the way my brain does, and it is a testament to the amazing flexibility and awesomeness of Realm Works that I can make custom categories in the first place.

But now I'm thinking about a second world.

And while the land masses, and maybe even the gods, don't belong in my second world, it would be a HUGE pain to redo all those custom categories all over again.

Perhaps a choice menu when making a new realm, like this:

Template Realm: [dropdown of current realms]

Include custom categories? [checkbox]
Include articles? [checkbox]

Vargr January 27th, 2015 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jerrycnh (Post 201987)
Or also the ability to JUST bring over the custom categories.

[SNIP]

Perhaps a choice menu when making a new realm, like this:

Template Realm: [dropdown of current realms]

Include custom categories? [checkbox]
Include articles? [checkbox]

+1 to this. - And of course Include calendars? [checkbox]

AEIOU January 28th, 2015 12:18 PM

Another option for template: Create a dedicated template from the realm selection screen as a new option and then select which template to use to create new realms.

I really like this approach if it could also be coupled with the Market so we could share these templates with others.

And it would be spiffy if a template could be used OVER an existing realm to add categories or change the visible flag. I would not recommend that you could delete categories using a template as that seems really dangerous.