Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Ooops, bitten by a vampire, conversion template? (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=63291)

Piquwee October 5th, 2019 03:09 PM

Ooops, bitten by a vampire, conversion template?

Hey all,
I have a character in Pathfinder that was bitten by a vampire and now is his spawn. I have looked around Hero Lab and could not find a way to convert my dude into a spawn.
Is there a way to convert my character into a vampire spawn within Hero Lab?

Farling October 5th, 2019 03:21 PM

Templates are added in the same place as character levels.

Piquwee October 5th, 2019 03:28 PM

What? I have no idea what that is supposed to do for me. Thanks anyway. I am just an end-user and not a programmer. I wouldn't know what to do with those tools. I am just looking for where Hero Lab (which I have invested many $$ in) to have something like that in their character sheets.
If anyone can point out the places to click, that would be great.

Maidhc O Casain October 5th, 2019 05:57 PM

On the tab where you add a character level, click as though you were adding a new level to whatever class he is. You add a 'level' of vampire just like 'vampire' is a class.

Farling October 6th, 2019 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidhc O Casain (Post 282944)
On the tab where you add a character level, click as though you were adding a new level to whatever class he is. You add a 'level' of vampire just like 'vampire' is a class.

Yeah, that's what I said (meant) :-)

Ualaa October 6th, 2019 12:49 PM

The 'Way of the Wicked' community files have the option of becoming a vampire through a five feat chain, starting with 'The Bitten'.

Adding the template, where you would add classes, increases the CR (or effective level) of a creature by +2.
The feat chain doesn't change your CR, but does cost five of your General type feats.

Piquwee October 6th, 2019 03:38 PM

If you add a level of vampire, that would make a full vampire and not a spawn of said. Does a spawn have all the same additions when adding a level of vampire?
I wouldn't be able to do things like creating a new vampire and other things, but HL still adds those things doing it that way.

Also, when you take a level in vampire HL thinks you are adding a level and not as a template. Adding a level bumps numbers that you would get from a level up that you didn't earn.

Parody October 6th, 2019 05:49 PM

Vampire Spawn will also be in the list of templates if you own the Bestiary or Monster Codex package for Hero Lab and that package is enabled for your character. That's what you want to pick.

Piquwee October 6th, 2019 09:06 PM

Parody, you are correct. Someone give that person a cigar. Thank you very much for answering my problem. Monster Codex has that template.