Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Realm Works Discussion (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Sync Timeout (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=62820)

ri_gamer June 20th, 2019 02:53 PM

Sync Timeout

So after waiting a month for a solution to not being able to open Real Works, i gave up and renamed my master realm. Now I am able to open the application again, but when attempting to sync I get a constant "Sync timed out" message. I've been a big fan of Realmworks and have hoped for the best. But I get the impression as a software engineer with many years of experience, that the product just is not ready for prime time.

kbs666 June 20th, 2019 08:22 PM

While this is highly annoying it has been resolved in the past. The issue was with very large snippets, IIRC.

Grey Mage June 20th, 2019 08:27 PM

I just started getting this (again).

I have not really imported any new data or increased any snippets. It just starts to sync and then times out after about 3-5 seconds. No activity on the bar at all.

Anyone else seeing this in the past couple of days? Because it just started for me 2 days ago. Before that I was syncing fine...

gloves June 21st, 2019 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ri_gamer (Post 279796)
So after waiting a month for a solution to not being able to open Real Works, i gave up and renamed my master realm. Now I am able to open the application again, but when attempting to sync I get a constant "Sync timed out" message. I've been a big fan of Realmworks and have hoped for the best. But I get the impression as a software engineer with many years of experience, that the product just is not ready for prime time.

i've the same problem. can you tell me that you could to solve it? if yes, how can i do solve sync problem?
thanks ...

meek75 June 21st, 2019 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ri_gamer (Post 279796)

Disappointed to hear that customer service is living down to its rep again. Things had gotten better for a little while and I was hearing better things. This is a busy time of year for the folks at LWD due to lots of conventions and that is probably a lot of the reason for the slow response time. However, there is no acceptable excuse for leaving an issue unanswered that long. Fear over losing access to my realms is one of my biggest issues with RW.

daplunk June 21st, 2019 01:46 PM

I'm guessing Rone has moved on due to the success of the Grimmerspace Kickstarter campaign.

Decapus June 22nd, 2019 11:01 AM

I am having the same problem. Does anyone know if this is being fixed, or what I have to do to fix the problem myself?

Grey Mage June 22nd, 2019 11:47 AM

Did a quick check using two different ISPs... one is a 100 up/down fiber... still timing out before it even gets to the progress bar... about 10-15 seconds on my laptop. I am starting to think this is on LWD's end... anyone else notice this in the past 3-5 days?

ri_gamer June 22nd, 2019 11:56 AM

I opened a ticket. it was 'referred to the dev team'

Silveras June 22nd, 2019 12:02 PM

I have also been seeing this and opened a ticket.