Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Realm Works Discussion (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Realm Works is Now Available – Transform Your Gaming Experience! (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=48677)

liz March 26th, 2014 06:11 PM

Realm Works is Now Available – Transform Your Gaming Experience!

Realm Works Available Now!
Sound the air horns and break out the flagons of ale! Lone Wolf Development is thrilled to announce that Realm Works is now available for sale on our web store! Realm Works is available for a special introductory price of $49.99. This includes 6 months of our standard tier cloud service (a $24.99 value)! If you have questions about Realm Works, be sure to check out our website for more information, as well as the Frequently Asked Questions section.
Buy Realm Works Now!
What’s Realm Works?
Built by the team that brought you Hero Lab®, Realm Works is the Game Master’s answer for managing your tabletop RPG campaigns. Spend less time preparing, more time creating, and focus on sharing the story with your players! Intrigued? If you haven’t had a chance yet to check out Realm Works and are wondering what all the excitement is about, check out our Virtual Tour or explore our website for more info!

Thank You
For friends and fans of Lone Wolf, many of you know this product has been a longtime vision for the company. A year ago, we announced the launch of our Kickstarter for Realm Works. This was a major step towards release. The support we received from our backers overwhelmed us, as we reached our funding goals and then some. After many months of testing and refinement with our Early Access users, we’re excited to finally share this dream with all of you! Thank you to all our Beta testers, Kickstarter backers, and fans for your feedback and support as we worked to get Realm Works out the door.

The Future of Realm Works
Now that Realm Works is available, many of you’re probably wondering what new features and enhancements are coming in the future. We’ve shared our future development roadmap on our website, so be sure to check it out. To keep up with the latest news, be sure to sign up for our monthly newsletter, “like” Realm Works on Facebook, or “follow” @lonewolfdevel on Twitter!

EightBitz March 26th, 2014 06:24 PM

Congratulations, everyone. Just finished the download.

jacook March 26th, 2014 06:53 PM

Congratz RW team. Now, get that web player view working!!!!!

KazMx March 26th, 2014 07:44 PM

Congratz! I want to purchase it so bad! But I guess there's a lot of traffic

liz March 26th, 2014 08:20 PM

We had to take down the sales site temporarily. I'll post here when it's back online. Thank you for your patience!

Nikmal March 26th, 2014 08:29 PM

Wow, I am thinking that the overwhelming amount of people wanting to download Realm Works makes the servers fairly slow and cumbersome :)

That is a good thing in my book!! It shows that Realm Works is in high HIGH demand :)

woobyluv March 26th, 2014 08:47 PM

Wow, best troll ever. Went to buy and got hit with the error 404. Well done! An expertly done Troll, Bravo!

B57123m March 26th, 2014 08:52 PM

So close, so very, very close. Congrats on the release Lone Wolf!

KazMx March 26th, 2014 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liz (Post 178466)
We had to take down the sales site temporarily. I'll post here when it's back online. Thank you for your patience!

Thank you Liz, what's your recommendation? Go to bed and try tomorrow or wait ?

liz March 26th, 2014 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KazMx (Post 178478)
Thank you Liz, what's your recommendation? Go to bed and try tomorrow or wait ?

We're working hard to get it back up, but we don't have an ETA right now on when it will be available. Hopefully that helps you determine the right call for you.

Kell Valar March 26th, 2014 09:57 PM

Hey liz.
Will there be other payment options? Like PayPal, for example?

Credit cards are not that often used over here in Germany and right now i am sitting here, sad that i can't get Realm Works.

liz March 26th, 2014 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kell Valar (Post 178482)
Hey liz.
Will there be other payment options? Like PayPal, for example?

Credit cards are not that often used over here in Germany and right now i am sitting here, sad that i can't get Realm Works.

We don't accept PayPal (there's an explanation as to why on our sales site that you can take a look at once it's back up). What does work as an alternative is a virtual/temporary credit card. You can get one through many banks and even Google.

Kell Valar March 26th, 2014 10:37 PM

Didn't know something like that existed, thanks! I'll look into it.

tkarn March 26th, 2014 10:58 PM

Congratulation! Will the program run in a demo mode like herolab to get an impression of the program?

liz March 26th, 2014 11:04 PM

We think we've got the sales site back up and running. Please give it another try. Please let us know asap if you run into problems (developers are standing by).

liz March 26th, 2014 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tkarn (Post 178485)
Congratulation! Will the program run in a demo mode like herolab to get an impression of the program?

There's an FAQ about a Realm Works demo on our website:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Realm Works FAQ
The different technologies used to develop Realm Works makes providing a demo version much more complicated than for our other products. As such, there is no way to test drive the product. However, we’ve provided numerous videos that show off the product and should enable everyone to make a good assessment of whether Realm Works is a worthwhile investment.

Kairos March 27th, 2014 05:19 AM

Well done, Lone Wolf! It's a fantastic product -- well worth the wait!

asw122 March 27th, 2014 05:28 AM

Woo! Now maybe my players will stop nagging me and my ears can heal. Next challenge - learn to use Realmworks.

woobyluv March 27th, 2014 07:37 AM

Thanks LWD folks! Got it, downloaded RW last night flawlessly. Everything on the site seems to be working as of now, great job. :)

JackOfAllGames March 27th, 2014 08:11 AM

Wow! I picked a heck of a night to go to bed early! Oh well, it sounds like I may not have been able to do anything about it anyway (server problems and such).

Anyway, I got my copy! The program's installed and I'm ready to learn! Woot!

EDIT: Ouch. Also time to re-learn campaign cartographer. Not looking forward to that one.

asw122 March 27th, 2014 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackOfAllGames (Post 178518)
Wow! I picked a heck of a night to go to bed early! Oh well, it sounds like I may not have been able to do anything about it anyway (server problems and such).

Anyway, I got my copy! The program's installed and I'm ready to learn! Woot!

EDIT: Ouch. Also time to re-learn campaign cartographer. Not looking forward to that one.

I hear that on all counts (though for me its get and learn cartographer). I usually come home from my MTG draft on wednesday night and potter on the laptop for a couple of hours. Last night I was tired, so I just went to bed. Typical.

JackOfAllGames March 27th, 2014 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asw122 (Post 178520)
I hear that on all counts (though for me its get and learn cartographer).

It sounds like you've likely researched it already, but in case you want my two cents' worth...

Campaign Cartographer is great software (no, it really is)...but it's "professional" type software. There are a million keyboard shortcuts, context menus, menu bars, buttons (which also have their own context menus), etc. The design isn't the least bit intuitive. If you want something that's easy, look elsewhere. If you're willing to put in the time, CC will make you some excellent maps. Further complicating matters, I got the triple-pack with city and dungeon builders too. It's just A LOT to take in...and that's coming from someone who likes learning new things.

asw122 March 27th, 2014 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackOfAllGames (Post 178524)
It sounds like you've likely researched it already, but in case you want my two cents' worth...

Campaign Cartographer is great software (no, it really is)...but it's "professional" type software. There are a million keyboard shortcuts, context menus, menu bars, buttons (which also have their own context menus), etc. The design isn't the least bit intuitive. If you want something that's easy, look elsewhere. If you're willing to put in the time, CC will make you some excellent maps. Further complicating matters, I got the triple-pack with city and dungeon builders too. It's just A LOT to take in...and that's coming from someone who likes learning new things.

Yeah, that was the takeaway from most of my research. For now, I'm gonna get the info for my setting into RW, then worry about mapping it (as the setting is mostly in a city which would cover a good 40% of the earth) later.

Kell Valar March 27th, 2014 05:21 PM

I'm no fan of Campaign Cartographer.
Learn Photoshop or Gimp instead. You have more from it in the long run.

CC is pricy and hard to learn, in that time you could learn much more stuff about the Gimp/Photoshop.

And it is no secret that nearly all good/great mappers use Photoshop and not CC.

mirtos March 27th, 2014 07:08 PM

Well, CC is not an art program. However, i wouldnt disagree that you can do more with photoshop, but actually if you're going to go that route, you can probably do more with illustrator.

Still, I dont think CC is as hard to use as people claim. In fact there are many "great mappers" that use both for different purposes.

If you want to read more about both, I would suggest some of the forums in cartographersguild.com (which is not associated with any program)

Nostromos March 28th, 2014 10:05 AM

I actually use both for my maps. CC has some good purposes and ease of use for things, as does Photoshop. I even know people that take maps from one and pull them into the other because they do different things.

EightBitz March 28th, 2014 01:19 PM

The problem I've had with CC and every other piece of software that has the ability to drag and drop objects is that the placement is not consistent between zoom levels. If I zoom in close to get an exact placement of something, then zoom out, I'll see it offset.

If I fix it in the wide view, then zoom back in, it's offset the other way.

mirtos March 28th, 2014 01:34 PM

Hmmm, I havent. And i used CC to generate maps at all sorts of different zoom levels.

What version of CC are you using?

Maidhc O Casain March 28th, 2014 02:19 PM

I'm a big fan of CC myself - I've used it for years, and though there is a learning curve I didn't find it at all steep for getting started. Of course, the more you want to do, the more there is to learn :D.

I also use Photoshop, usually for just a few finishing touches.

I haven't had problems with objects appearing displaced at different zoom levels either.

I'll second the recommendation to check out cartographersguild.com. Very friendly, helpful folks over there, and tons of good advice.

Pollution March 30th, 2014 04:37 PM

Verification Email

I haven't gotten my verification email yet (just bought the product).

Hit refresh a bunch of times, tried logging into the program to force a resend, couldn't find the option to do so.

Any tips?

Nikmal March 30th, 2014 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pollution (Post 179162)

Hit refresh a bunch of times, tried logging into the program to force a resend, couldn't find the option to do so.

Any tips?

Have you checked your spam filter by chance at all? Sometimes Lone Wolfs emails gets caught up by some peoples spam filters and they find their confirmation emails there?

rob March 30th, 2014 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pollution (Post 179162)

Any tips?

We're having problems with AT&T and Earthlink, plus a few assorted small ISPs that operate through those two big ones. It seems that they have assumed we're sending out spam for no valid reason and are blocking all emails from us. We're attempting to navigate their systems to get someone to stop blocking us, but that's likely to take at least a few days before we succeed.

For most users, this hasn't been a big deal, since we provide the activation code on the order completion page. But customers who didn't copy it down could be in for some delays.

I recommend you submit a bug report about this, including the order number if you have it and definitely the last name and email address you used. Ideally, include an alternate email address that's NOT with the same provider. Support can trigger your receipt to be sent to the new email address (or the same one again). The new email is simply going to be safer if you're being blocked by AT&T or Earthlink.

Sorry for the inconvenience. :(

nichollsr April 4th, 2014 08:07 AM

I have had the same problem but bizarrely never had it with Hero Lab. Any updates on this problem ? I'd taken an afternoon off work to play with the software and not been able to :-(

Nikmal April 4th, 2014 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nichollsr (Post 179763)
I have had the same problem but bizarrely never had it with Hero Lab. Any updates on this problem ? I'd taken an afternoon off work to play with the software and not been able to :-(

You might want to contact customer support. In that they may get to you faster that way. Otherwise you might spend time waiting for them to respond here.. either way I wish you luck as it is fun :)

nichollsr April 4th, 2014 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nikmal (Post 179765)
You might want to contact customer support. In that they may get to you faster that way. Otherwise you might spend time waiting for them to respond here.. either way I wish you luck as it is fun :)

I've emailed support. I'm in UK so not sure what time zone they're in. Just waiting for the response now.

Nikmal April 4th, 2014 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nichollsr (Post 179766)
I've emailed support. I'm in UK so not sure what time zone they're in. Just waiting for the response now.

About 13 hours behind you :)

nichollsr April 4th, 2014 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nikmal (Post 179770)
About 13 hours behind you :)

:eek:

Chemlak April 4th, 2014 11:25 AM

Definitely not that far back. Worst-case they're about 8 hours behind the UK. Generally speaking (as a fellow UK user) you can expect a response any time from about 5pm or later (if I have a service issue with LWD, I tend to get responses somewhere around 10pm).

nichollsr April 4th, 2014 12:34 PM

Thanks for the heads up.

rob April 4th, 2014 12:46 PM

We're in California, which is Pacific time, so we're roughly 8 hours behind the UK (plus/minus due to timing differences in Daylight Savings Time at various points in the year).