Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - 4th Edition (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Permanent Adjustments: At-Will Powers (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=57709)

sleepyspoonie February 15th, 2017 05:52 PM

Permanent Adjustments: At-Will Powers

Hello! My DM has a decently homebrewed version of 4E running right now, and I've been toiling in the editor to add the changes into Hero Lab for myself and the rest of my party. So far, I haven't had much trouble, but I've hit a stumbling block now.

One of the things my DM homebrewed in was the ability to spend experience points to purchase certain class powers. Adding and subtracting XP is nothing, but I'd like to add to the number of at-will powers all classes have access to. To simulate this, I was hoping to create a custom Permanent Adjustment where you could add to the number of At-Will powers that you're allowed to have at any given time.

I'm not entirely sure where to begin with this one, if this is the best way to go about it, or if it's even feasible. If anyone could give me a hand, it'd be massively appreciated. (And sorry in advance if this isn't the best place for such a question!)

CNYGamer May 10th, 2017 08:06 PM

And if I could piggyback on to this question by adding, what about going in the other direction (reducing the number of at-will powers a class can have)? For example, the Sentinel druid only receives one at-will power at first level, but Hero Lab expects you to select two at-will powers else it will flag the Class tab red for being incomplete.

sleepyspoonie May 12th, 2017 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CNYGamer (Post 249667)
And if I could piggyback on to this question by adding, what about going in the other direction (reducing the number of at-will powers a class can have)? For example, the Sentinel druid only receives one at-will power at first level, but Hero Lab expects you to select two at-will powers else it will flag the Class tab red for being incomplete.

This one I actually know how to do! (no word on my question though, alas :P)

For this one, go into the editor and navigate to the mechanics tab. Make a copy of the "Sentinel At-Will Powers" page and duplicate it, then open up the area where it says "Class Powers Per Level." There's going to be an array of levels, all with a whole load of boxes -– each row will have two columns with a 1 in it. If you delete all the ones out of all the second columns, it will reduce the number of at-will powers Sentinels have access to down to 1. Don't forget to mark it down as replacing SenPwrAtW, and you should be golden!

Mystic Lemur May 13th, 2017 09:09 AM

You could try looking at the Human ability to get an extra at-will. Something in the scripting for that might help you figure out how to add them another way.