Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Pathfinder Community Packs (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=51966)

RonnieMonster September 1st, 2015 11:49 PM

ShadowChemosh - thanks for your help, but I'm still having trouble. For one, I have Mythic Adventures, so that should be working fine. And when I uninstalled everything but the GM pack, this is what comes up:

Quote:

The data files could not be loaded due to errors. Hero Lab will now attempt to load them in recovery mode. Once loaded, you can access the editor as normal to correct any errors.

The following errors occurred:

Syntax error in 'eval' script for Thing 'rCBAshGian' (Eval Script '#1') on line 2
-> Non-existent thing 'raAshDisea' used by script
Syntax error in 'eval' script for Thing 'rauWWChanS' (Eval Script '#1') on line 4
-> Non-existent thing 'raWinBreaW' used by script
Syntax error in 'pre-requisite rule' script for Thing 'tmAP80CadC' on line 1
-> Non-existent thing 'tmZomJuju' referenced by script
Hate to be a bother, but do you have any other suggestions?

ShadowChemosh September 2nd, 2015 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonnieMonster (Post 215065)
ShadowChemosh - thanks for your help, but I'm still having trouble. For one, I have Mythic Adventures, so that should be working fine. And when I uninstalled everything but the GM pack, this is what comes up:

Hate to be a bother, but do you have any other suggestions?

Hmmm no bother. Can you give me a list of which package license you do own from LW. And tell me exactly which Packs you have installed?

To get a list of the Packs you can do "Tools->Manage Third Party Updates". With that info I can get a better idea and duplicate the setup on my computer to see what is going on.

My last thought is maybe do a license update to make sure all the licenses you own are active on your PC. Cause the errors really look like its having a problem with the Ash Giant monster. Usually that means either Mythic was missing or one of the Bestiary Licenses.

RonnieMonster September 3rd, 2015 03:09 AM

Well, it turns out I just needed a license update. Hadn't actually updated it after purchasing the Bestiary packages. *sigh* Figures it would be something embarrassingly simple, which goes to prove I should not be allowed to so much as download a browser.

Thanks for your help!

TheIronGolem September 3rd, 2015 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonnieMonster (Post 215161)
Well, it turns out I just needed a license update. Hadn't actually updated it after purchasing the Bestiary packages. *sigh* Figures it would be something embarrassingly simple, which goes to prove I should not be allowed to so much as download a browser.

Don't sweat it. Hero Lab is crazy powerful, but it isn't exactly the most intuitive software ever written, and we all get tripped up on things like this sometimes.

ShadowChemosh September 3rd, 2015 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheIronGolem (Post 215180)
Don't sweat it. Hero Lab is crazy powerful, but it isn't exactly the most intuitive software ever written, and we all get tripped up on things like this sometimes.

That is just a crazy statement. Just because I have been working with this software for 5 years and keep learning "new" things each day about it. That does NOT ma.... Oh wait... That does make your statement true! :D :p

tenro September 5th, 2015 05:06 PM

Hell, first time poster here (JUST got HL) and was trying to get this 3PP stuff (psionics and gestalt) going. Ran into several errors (mostly due to required packs I didn't have) but have now boiled things down to a point where I basically just "don't know what I don't know". Here is an image of my current error, involving Tome of Secrets.

imgur.com/gallery/aG6fXop

tenro September 7th, 2015 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh (Post 209268)
Pretty much as psych777 says. Everything is "built" upon the Basic Pack but we don't store the Basic Pack inside each Pack on GitHub. So you have to also setup a link to the Basic Pack and pull down its files. Then manually copy the "COM_" files from the Basic Pack to the 3PP Pack on your computer.

See THIS post should help. If you have any issues feel free to post in THIS thread instead as that is where we are keeping the talk for GitHub and stuff.

ShadowChemosh, I am hoping you or someone else can break this down to me in very simple terms that I can understand (as the above is confusing to me, even after checking the links provided). I had the same errors that the person did that you replied with the above to. Here is the error again:

File: COM_3PPPack_C7E - Tome of Secrets Classes.user (line 401) - Thing 'cHelpPst' (dynamic tag) - Group 'PackHelper' not defined
File: COM_3PPPack_C7E - Tome of Secrets Classes.user (line 594) - Thing 'cHelpSwa' (dynamic tag) - Group 'PackHelper' not defined
File: COM_3PPPack_C7E - Tome of Secrets Classes.user (line 711) - Thing 'cHelpWaL' (dynamic tag) - Group 'PackHelper' not defined
File: COM_3PPPack_C7E - Tome of Secrets Classes.user (line 915) - Thing 'cHelpKnt' (dynamic tag) - Group 'PackHelper' not defined

I tried to copy the files in as instructed but I fear I did it wrong, as the error has not changed. I am somewhat (very) confused by all the different ways/places to copy/import/etc.

Could I just delete those classes from the pack? I just wanted the pack for Dreamscarred Press and gestalt support.

ShadowChemosh September 7th, 2015 10:56 AM

The following Packs have been updated. For details click the links:
Highlights:
1) Big thanks to Charlie & Niccole Luce for the additions of Metaforge PrC and the feat "Student of the Astral Suit" for Ultimate Psionics.

2) More Path of War archetypes and fixes thanks to TheIronGolem!

3) More Ultimate Psionics feats fixed thanks to psych777!

4) Many feats from Races of Eberron added and Weretouched Master fixed.

5) A Furious Focus adjustment added that lets you display your attack value without the Power Attack penalty.

Quintain September 8th, 2015 06:05 PM

Shadow,

I had several uncommitted changes for Ultimate Psioncs that I have in my dev folder. You know of any way to preserve those before upgrading to the latest packs?

ShadowChemosh September 8th, 2015 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tenro (Post 215441)
ShadowChemosh, I am hoping you or someone else can break this down to me in very simple terms that I can understand (as the above is confusing to me, even after checking the links provided). I had the same errors that the person did that you replied with the above to. Here is the error again:

File: COM_3PPPack_C7E - Tome of Secrets Classes.user (line 401) - Thing 'cHelpPst' (dynamic tag) - Group 'PackHelper' not defined
File: COM_3PPPack_C7E - Tome of Secrets Classes.user (line 594) - Thing 'cHelpSwa' (dynamic tag) - Group 'PackHelper' not defined
File: COM_3PPPack_C7E - Tome of Secrets Classes.user (line 711) - Thing 'cHelpWaL' (dynamic tag) - Group 'PackHelper' not defined
File: COM_3PPPack_C7E - Tome of Secrets Classes.user (line 915) - Thing 'cHelpKnt' (dynamic tag) - Group 'PackHelper' not defined

I tried to copy the files in as instructed but I fear I did it wrong, as the error has not changed. I am somewhat (very) confused by all the different ways/places to copy/import/etc.

Could I just delete those classes from the pack? I just wanted the pack for Dreamscarred Press and gestalt support.

Are you trying to just use the 3PP or you want to actually be an editor and able to make source code changes to the Repository?

If you just want to use a Pack like a regular user all you need to do is follow the very simple setup in THIS post. GitHub is a source code repository designed to make programming/code changes with other people. People are allowed to get access to if they want to test out Beta versions of the software but its not recommend. To actually make changes to the code you would need to be authorized.

ShadowChemosh September 8th, 2015 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quintain (Post 215514)
Shadow,

I had several uncommitted changes for Ultimate Psioncs that I have in my dev folder. You know of any way to preserve those before upgrading to the latest packs?

Your best bet would be to copy the files out of your data\pathfinder folder to your desktop before downloading the latest version of the Pack. Then you would have to manually re-apply those changes to the downloaded files.

I guess I have to ask why you made changes but didn't commit them?

tenro September 8th, 2015 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh (Post 215524)
Are you trying to just use the 3PP or you want to actually be an editor and able to make source code changes to the Repository?

If you just want to use a Pack like a regular user all you need to do is follow the very simple setup in THIS post. GitHub is a source code repository designed to make programming/code changes with other people. People are allowed to get access to if they want to test out Beta versions of the software but its not recommend. To actually make changes to the code you would need to be authorized.

I just want to be a regular user. As I said before, the great things you have done are beyond my ability, I'm sure I'd just screw something up worse if I tried to do dev stuff.

Good news, however, is that the recent update you posted seems to have wholly fixed my issue. I am able to load the packs I want and use them to access gestalt, POW and psionic elements.

In making a character, I noticed a discrepancy I cannot determine the cause of. I could email you the .por file if you are interested, but the basic thing I noticed was that HL was saying my attack modifier was +10, but when i hovered over that (because it seemed low), the popup said 7 BAB, 5 STR, +2 weapon, which equals +14 to hit. Not sure why it would say that, unless it was considering me non-proficient in bastard sword (even though I was using it two-handed with martial weapon proficiency and it didn't list a -4 non-proficiency modifier).

Also, for Battle Templar it appears to consider the maneuvers separately instead of adding them to the others, so as a Level 2 Battle Templar it says (0 of 0 readied) even though the number of known/readied maneuvers is supposed to add to your previous class. Not really a big deal since it is an easy fix (just ready "too many" maneuvers under Battle Templar and "too few" maneuvers under the previous class).

Once again, thank you for your recent update.

Quintain September 8th, 2015 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh (Post 215525)
Your best bet would be to copy the files out of your data\pathfinder folder to your desktop before downloading the latest version of the Pack. Then you would have to manually re-apply those changes to the downloaded files.

I guess I have to ask why you made changes but didn't commit them?

I wasn't finished with the changes. Is there any way for me to commit my changes and have you apply them to the newer set?

I opened up the classes - user file and was able to copy/paste my additions to another file, so It looks like I can preserve them and commit them to the next batch.

TheIronGolem September 8th, 2015 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tenro (Post 215526)
Also, for Battle Templar it appears to consider the maneuvers separately instead of adding them to the others, so as a Level 2 Battle Templar it says (0 of 0 readied) even though the number of known/readied maneuvers is supposed to add to your previous class. Not really a big deal since it is an easy fix (just ready "too many" maneuvers under Battle Templar and "too few" maneuvers under the previous class).

Hi tenro, I did a lot of the Path of War content, the Battle Templar included.

The reason I list PrC maneuvers separately is because they often have their own discipline restrictions for maneuvers gained, separately from whatever other initiating classes the character has. For instance, the Battle Templar can only take maneuvers from Golden Lion plus two others of the player's choice. So if you picked, say, Iron Tortoise and Steel Serpent, you can't take a Thrashing Dragon maneuver from a Battle Templar level, even if one of your other classes had access to it.

If I wanted to add the PrC's maneuvers to that of a previous class, I'd have to enforce multiple sets of discipline restrictions within the same maneuver list. That's not impossible, but it would be really difficult and time-consuming, and the result would likely be very buggy and prone to errors. In fact, just thinking about it makes my brain want to slither out of one ear and go to Coldstone Creamery - and I can't afford to keep buying all those extra toppings that thing always wants.

ShadowChemosh September 8th, 2015 09:44 PM

Quote:

I just want to be a regular user. As I said before, the great things you have done are beyond my ability, I'm sure I'd just screw something up worse if I tried to do dev stuff.

Ok I got confused because you referenced a post about GitHub and an error that should ONLY happen if trying to use GitHub. So why I was all confused. :)

After thinking about I can figure/guess what happened. If you installed 3PP Pack and the Basic Pack on a Windows/Mac machine and then uninstalled the Basic Pack it would have caused that error.

If you go uninstalling Basic Packs from a Windows/Mac (not iPad) you need to reinstall any other packs again. Why? Its just the way that the desktop version of HL works.

By downloading the latest 3PP Pack it would have reinstalled the latest Basic Pack also and it would then work again. ;)

ShadowChemosh September 8th, 2015 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quintain (Post 215529)
I wasn't finished with the changes. Is there any way for me to commit my changes and have you apply them to the newer set?

I opened up the classes - user file and was able to copy/paste my additions to another file, so It looks like I can preserve them and commit them to the next batch.

Taking this conversation to the Pathfinder Community Standards.... thread in the "User Projects" forum. I don't want to cause confusion by having Editor topics in with the regular issues/questions of gamers.

tenro September 8th, 2015 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheIronGolem (Post 215530)
Hi tenro, I did a lot of the Path of War content, the Battle Templar included.

The reason I list PrC maneuvers separately is because they often have their own discipline restrictions for maneuvers gained, separately from whatever other initiating classes the character has. For instance, the Battle Templar can only take maneuvers from Golden Lion plus two others of the player's choice. So if you picked, say, Iron Tortoise and Steel Serpent, you can't take a Thrashing Dragon maneuver from a Battle Templar level, even if one of your other classes had access to it.

If I wanted to add the PrC's maneuvers to that of a previous class, I'd have to enforce multiple sets of discipline restrictions within the same maneuver list. That's not impossible, but it would be really difficult and time-consuming, and the result would likely be very buggy and prone to errors. In fact, just thinking about it makes my brain want to slither out of one ear and go to Coldstone Creamery - and I can't afford to keep buying all those extra toppings that thing always wants.

Hah! I do love that place, though dairy products don't agree with me! (Praise be to lactaid)

Thanks for the explanation, and all the work you did to make it easier for me to build a POW character. Maybe in the next update an option under the Adjustments tab could let us increase our readied maneuver total? Or should i just give the character the Extra Readied Maneuver bonus feat under adjustments? I suppose that would be easier.

ShadowChemosh September 9th, 2015 01:07 PM

Quote:

In making a character, I noticed a discrepancy I cannot determine the cause of. I could email you the .por file if you are interested, but the basic thing I noticed was that HL was saying my attack modifier was +10, but when i hovered over that (because it seemed low), the popup said 7 BAB, 5 STR, +2 weapon, which equals +14 to hit. Not sure why it would say that, unless it was considering me non-proficient in bastard sword (even though I was using it two-handed with martial weapon proficiency and it didn't list a -4 non-proficiency modifier).

I would really need to see the .por file or gather ALLOT more data to find the cause. Is this from a 3PP class or a core HL class? The easiest method would be to attach/post your .por file for me to look at. So many things affect values on a character it could be any number of things. Are you wearing armor you are not proficient with? Are you encumbered?

Quote:

Originally Posted by tenro (Post 215537)
Maybe in the next update an option under the Adjustments tab could let us increase our readied maneuver total?

I will look tonight but I think the Generic adjustments under 'ShadowChemosh Adjustments' can now do this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tenro (Post 215537)
Or should i just give the character the Extra Readied Maneuver bonus feat under adjustments? I suppose that would be easier.

This would be a good way to do it otherwise.

tenro September 9th, 2015 08:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I have attached the .por to this post

ShadowChemosh September 9th, 2015 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tenro (Post 215596)
I have attached the .por to this post

So your two-weapon fighting with a greatsword a a "armament shield bash". HL is giving the main hand a -4 penalty and the off-hand a -8 penalty which matches exactly to the two-weapon fighting rules.

Your using a greatsword in your primary hand and light weapon (ie armament shield bash) in your off hands. This is from the Warder class. The values are looking right to me.

I am not expert with some of these 3PP classes is there an ability or something that you have that should be lowering the TWF penalties?

In addition I checked and you can use the adjustment "Configurable: Table One" to give yourself more maneuvers. Just pick the Maneuver "tab" from the drop down. To allow more stances use the "Configurable: Table Two" adjustment instead.

tenro September 9th, 2015 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh (Post 215598)
So your two-weapon fighting with a greatsword a a "armament shield bash". HL is giving the main hand a -4 penalty and the off-hand a -8 penalty which matches exactly to the two-weapon fighting rules.

Your using a greatsword in your primary hand and light weapon (ie armament shield bash) in your off hands. This is from the Warder class. The values are looking right to me.

I am not expert with some of these 3PP classes is there an ability or something that you have that should be lowering the TWF penalties?

In addition I checked and you can use the adjustment "Configurable: Table One" to give yourself more maneuvers. Just pick the Maneuver "tab" from the drop down. To allow more stances use the "Configurable: Table Two" adjustment instead.

Thanks for the info. Unless I am mistaken with Warder, it should not be considered two-weapon fighting. Basically Armament Shield Bash lets you use the sword for maneuvers (from Iron Tortoise) that require a shield bash, so it lets you use the sword for that requirement, and you do damage as if you were using a light shield when doing so. It doesn't allow (to my knowledge) a two-weapon attack using the real weapon and then the real weapon again as a pretend shield for a 2WF shield bash.

Maybe TheIronGolem could shed some light on it, i figure since TIG coded this part that they know the actual rules better than I as well.

Is there an option somewhere that I could choose that would show (in the cases of all characters or other characters who might be two-weapon fighting) the option to display all attack modes? For instance, a 2WF ranger showing his 2WF-ing a shortsword and a dagger, and ALSO displaying (at a different bonus) the shortsword attack by itself (for cases in which he only gets one attack vice a full attack?

TheIronGolem September 10th, 2015 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tenro (Post 215600)
Thanks for the info. Unless I am mistaken with Warder, it should not be considered two-weapon fighting. Basically Armament Shield Bash lets you use the sword for maneuvers (from Iron Tortoise) that require a shield bash, so it lets you use the sword for that requirement, and you do damage as if you were using a light shield when doing so. It doesn't allow (to my knowledge) a two-weapon attack using the real weapon and then the real weapon again as a pretend shield for a 2WF shield bash.

Text of Armament Shield ability:

Quote:

When wielding a one-handed weapon in two hands or a two-handed weapon, the weapon is treated as a light shield for the purposes of performing a shield bash attack on an opponent. The warder smashes with the butt of a spear-haft, the pommel of a greatsword, or the broadside of her axe. All are essentially the same and are treated as light shields for the purposes of shield- bash attacks or martial maneuvers to be used with a weapon of this type (such as Iron Tortoise maneuvers that require a shield to function).
Emphasis mine. The use of Armament Shield is definitely not restricted to maneuvers; the text is clear that you can perform regular attacks with it as well. No exceptions to "treated as a light shield for the purposes of performing a shield bash" are given. This means that you can use it in your attack routine just like a "real" shield bash, which would include offhand attacks.

HL is assessing TWF penalties because you have both your greatsword and your Armament Shield marked as equipped, and it assumes that all "equipped" weapons are being used in any given attack routine. So if you're only attacking with the sword in a particular round, you'll want to unequip the ASB. If you're just bashing, use the ASB's bonus (don't unequip the sword though, that'll make the ASB disappear). Only if you're using both in the same turn should you equip both (meaning you'll have to eat those penalties). This applies whether you're using martial maneuvers or just regular vanilla attacks.

Now that I've explained this, I see that my implementation has a flaw in that you can't equip just the ASB, because it doesn't bootstrap unless you have a two-handed weapon equipped. So if you only want to bash, you'll need to equip the sword but leave the ASB unequipped so that it's bonus doesn't change. That's pretty counterintuitive.

So it might be a good idea to change it so that ASB only requires a 2-handed weapon to be present, instead of requiring it to actually be equipped as it does right now. I'll think on it.

tenro September 10th, 2015 08:16 PM

IronGolem, thanks for the reply.

I wonder, is there a way to have it export "all"possible attack routines as part of the character sheet? For those of us who dont actually use HL in play but post characters to forums and use them from there?

ShadowChemosh September 11th, 2015 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tenro (Post 215677)
II wonder, is there a way to have it export "all"possible attack routines as part of the character sheet? For those of us who dont actually use HL in play but post characters to forums and use them from there?

What are "all" possible attack routines? If your not twf then just unequipped the Armament Shield and print the character sheet. Both weapons will display/print.

If you have the TWF feats HL does print the different attack possibilities to the character sheet. I am not sure about the statblock.

tenro September 11th, 2015 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh (Post 215696)
What are "all" possible attack routines? If your not twf then just unequipped the Armament Shield and print the character sheet. Both weapons will display/print.

If you have the TWF feats HL does print the different attack possibilities to the character sheet. I am not sure about the statblock.

Hmm, ill monkey around with it then. New to HL so i thought i had to click the Armament Shield Bash to get it to show.

Odd that it didnt come out and display the -4, however.

Bakunin September 11th, 2015 05:17 PM

Just started playing around with the Psionics options from the 3PP, and I noticed the Dark Tempest prestige class from Ultimate Psionics is missing.

tenro September 24th, 2015 09:03 PM

I see there is a new update to the Pathfinder stuff, is it safe to update or will that cause problems with the current version of the community pack?

Also, are there plans to add in the archetypes for Marksman (dreamscarred press)?

psych777 September 25th, 2015 12:40 AM

plan to get all the UP into HL at some point. just slow going. i've been away for a few weeks now and feel like i've forgotten almost everything i learned about the editor lol

ShadowChemosh September 25th, 2015 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tenro (Post 216309)
I see there is a new update to the Pathfinder stuff, is it safe to update or will that cause problems with the current version of the community pack?

As far as I know no current issues. Usually someone posts. I admit I have been so busy at work this week I have not had time to fully test. But sense no one has reported anything in this thread it should be safe to update.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tenro (Post 216309)
Also, are there plans to add in the archetypes for Marksman (dreamscarred press)?

Plans are to add "everything" from Ultimate Psionics and Path of War. We are constantly adding new thing each update. Sorry its not as fast a LW can do! :p

Barillas September 30th, 2015 06:16 PM

Is there a recommended remediation process for orphaned content? Best I can tell, it looks like something is missing from my packages list, but the errors aren't very clear about it.

1) Pick 'rGenEfrNob' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '448'.
2) Chained pick 'skCrafOth' on hero 'Genie, Efreeti Noble - CR 10' has been orphaned due to missing bootstrap in batch '448'

The second one looks like it's related to unchained crafting, but including the unchained skills doesn't appear to resolve it. Is there a way to turn on some verbose debugging or something so I can potentially find exactly what content it's trying and failing to load?

For context, I am attempting to load Crematorium.por from the Tomb of the Iron Medusa encounter package, and I do have the prerequisite packages (Advanced Players Guide, Bestiary 1, Bestiary 2, Bestiary 3, Ultimate Combat, Ultimate Magic, Mythic Adventures).

LazarX October 9th, 2015 08:15 AM

When importing stock NPC's from the Wrath of the Righteous setting I get "Secrets of Adventuring" as a missing source, but I can't find it.

ShadowChemosh October 9th, 2015 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LazarX (Post 217101)
When importing stock NPC's from the Wrath of the Righteous setting I get "Secrets of Adventuring" as a missing source, but I can't find it.

I can't duplicate this issue. Can you give me exact steps to replicate?

Thanks

P.S. I have no idea what "Secrets of Adventuring" is or why it would be apart of any of the .por files.

Aaron October 9th, 2015 11:35 AM

Secrets of Adventuring is one of the 3rd party books sold through HL. I think the portfolio just needs to "Strip missing sources".

ShadowChemosh October 9th, 2015 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aaron (Post 217120)
Secrets of Adventuring is one of the 3rd party books sold through HL. I think the portfolio just needs to "Strip missing sources".

Thanks. But I in the last 6 months did a mass prepare of the portfolio's and it was set to Strip Missing Sources automatically. Plus I don't have this book so as I am the last person to touch every portfolio how would it have caught this strange source??

I randomly hit a bunch of portfolio's and I don't see the message. Shrug need details of exact portfolio....

ShadowChemosh October 9th, 2015 01:11 PM

Now available through Find Updates is the Mummy's Mask AP as an Encounter Library download. It's called "PF Encounters: AP Mummys Mask (v1.0)".

Here is a list of the official required licenses/books required to open all the different portfolios in the library: Advanced Player's Guide; Advanced Player's Guide Familiars; Advanced Race Guide; Bestiary; Bestiary 2; Bestiary 3; Bestiary 4; Book of the Damned 2: Lords of Chaos; Classic Horrors Revisited; Dark Markets: A Guide to Katapesh; Lost Kingdoms; Misfit Monsters Redeemed; Osirion, Legacy of the Pharaohs; Inner Sea World Guide; Mythic Adventures; Adventurer's Armory; Blood of Fiends or Inner Sea Gods; Osirion; Land of Pharaohs; Ultimate Combat; Ultimate Equipment; Ultimate Magic and Midgard Bestiary (single monster)

Krothos October 17th, 2015 09:33 PM

Not sure this has been posted yet, but I'm finding an issue with the Shadow's Other Adjustment "Weapon Bane Dmg". It is calculating the addition hit and damage correctly. The wording that is listed under the Weapons tab and Summary windows is confusing.

Created a test Human Fighter 1 with a +1 goblin-bane longword.
Without "Weapon Bane Dmg" enabled: +6 1d8+4 plus 2d6 vs. goblin
With "Weapon Bane Dmg" enabled: +8 1d8+6+2d6 vs. Bane plus 2d6 vs. goblin
(This would suggest that the damage is 1d8+6+4d6)

I can see that the "plus 2d6 vs. goblin" is listed because of the weapon's bane property before adding Shadow's adjustment, and adding this adjustment adds +2 hit/damage and "+2d6 vs. Bane" between the damage and bane property.

Is there a way to clean this up? Maybe eliminate the "+2d6 vs. Bane", adding only the +2 hit/damage since "plus 2d6 vs goblin" is already listed?

ShadowChemosh October 18th, 2015 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krothos (Post 217735)
Not sure this has been posted yet, but I'm finding an issue with the Shadow's Other Adjustment "Weapon Bane Dmg". It is calculating the addition hit and damage correctly. The wording that is listed under the Weapons tab and Summary windows is confusing.

I can see that the "plus 2d6 vs. goblin" is listed because of the weapon's bane property before adding Shadow's adjustment, and adding this adjustment adds +2 hit/damage and "+2d6 vs. Bane" between the damage and bane property.

Is there a way to clean this up? Maybe eliminate the "+2d6 vs. Bane", adding only the +2 hit/damage since "plus 2d6 vs goblin" is already listed?

Ahh The issue is that the adjustment is really meant for the Inquisitor class that gets to Bane any weapon during combat. Plus the same for the addition of the "Greater Bane" adjustment.

In this case I would say just use the "Weapon Bonus" adjustment to apply a untyped +2 bonus to both attack and damage. Do this whenever you would be attacking goblins.

Sorry for the confusion I will update the text description to better reflect this. :)

Eretas October 24th, 2015 08:31 AM

abDRCIrMag orphane...

I always get error with the GM adventure Com pack.
I try to load GRanny Nan's from Reign of winter and I got 3 error. As i did not own the player compnion 6 Peoples of the north, i bougth it. It remove one error for the Jadwiga, but i still have those 2 errors.

Is there something wrong with my setting?

Pick 'abDRCIrMag' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '79'
Pick 'abDRCIrMag' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '95'

-----------------------------
Edit: I did a search for the abDRCIrMag and it is an documented error, but the answer dated back to january. It it still a WIP?

ShadowChemosh October 24th, 2015 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eretas (Post 218095)
I always get error with the GM adventure Com pack.
I try to load GRanny Nan's from Reign of winter and I got 3 error. As i did not own the player compnion 6 Peoples of the north, i bougth it. It remove one error for the Jadwiga, but i still have those 2 errors.

Is there something wrong with my setting?

Pick 'abDRCIrMag' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '79'
Pick 'abDRCIrMag' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '95'

-----------------------------
Edit: I did a search for the abDRCIrMag and it is an documented error, but the answer dated back to january. It it still a WIP?

The "Thing ID" for Cold Iron Magic DR was changed at one point. I thought I had redone all the files so this was gone. But I going to have to assume I missed RoW somehow.

So its really just a warning message that can be ignored. If you make any change to the .por file and then save it again the warning will go away.

You can have HL go through and fix all the .por files at one time for you. Start HL and Pathfinder and then go to "Develop->Prepare Portfolios in Folder for Distribution". In the option box select all three options. Then point it to where you have the RoW files. It will take a bit of time depending on your machine but it will remove that error message.

ShadowChemosh October 30th, 2015 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krothos (Post 217735)

Note I have cleaned up the language of the adjustment and moved it to be a Conferred adjustment as its really meant for Inquisitor characters. In addition I added a new "Bane" item power (for the next release) that can be selected under "ShadowChemosh Equipment". This new Bane can be activated on the In-Play tab to give the +2 bonus and +2d6 instead of having the +2d6 always show. This will make it much easier to use on iPads or HL software at the game table.