Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Realm Works Discussion (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Wrong License? (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=62299)

Itzi March 21st, 2019 08:06 PM

Wrong License?

I'm probably doing something wrong - getting old causes that sometimes.

I purchased the Crimson Throne RW package. However when attempting to open one of the encounter portfolios in HL, it throws an error for each creature/hero in the portfolio.

The relevant portion of the error message:

'A hero imported from an encounter can only be loaded on devices using the same license at the one on which it was saved.'

This particular machine is not running my primary HL license, it's one of my secondary ones. I won't have access to the machine with the primary license on it until tomorrow to test to see if that's a factor.

Has anyone else encountered this issue? If so, what was the fix? Or, like I mentioned above, am I doing something wrong?

Farling March 22nd, 2019 12:01 AM

Have you linked your HL license to your RW account?

Details about doing this were posted a while ago.

rob March 22nd, 2019 04:44 AM

This may be a bug with the that portfolio in Crimson Throne. Is it just the one portfolio or multiple ones? Please open a support ticket about this and provide as much detail about where the problems lie as possible.

There should be no need to link the HLC account to your RW account for this purpose, as that's purely a license administration and GDPR thing at this point in time.

Itzi March 22nd, 2019 12:52 PM

I linked the accounts back when they first offered that ability.

It happens on all the portfolios I've tried in that data pack. I haven't purchased any others so I can't speak for those. I've also tried it on the machine with the primary license and I get the same results.

I sent off an email to support@wolflair.com.

Farling March 22nd, 2019 12:57 PM

I just tried this on a random encounter in the Razor Coast adventure I purchased, and I get the same error:

Quote:

Errors were encountered when loading the saved portfolio! If you notice incorrect behaviors in your portfolio, please report it to the data file authors (you can contact them from the Help menu).

Hero 'Katanga' was imported from an encounter, and cannot be loaded on this device. A hero imported from an encounter can only be loaded on devices using the same license as the one on which it was saved.
Hero 'Sahuagin #2' was imported from an encounter, and cannot be loaded on this device. A hero imported from an encounter can only be loaded on devices using the same license as the one on which it was saved.
Hero 'Sahuagin #3' was imported from an encounter, and cannot be loaded on this device. A hero imported from an encounter can only be loaded on devices using the same license as the one on which it was saved.
Hero 'Sahuagin #4' was imported from an encounter, and cannot be loaded on this device. A hero imported from an encounter can only be loaded on devices using the same license as the one on which it was saved.
Hero 'Sahuagin #5' was imported from an encounter, and cannot be loaded on this device. A hero imported from an encounter can only be loaded on devices using the same license as the one on which it was saved.
Hero 'Sahuagin #6' was imported from an encounter, and cannot be loaded on this device. A hero imported from an encounter can only be loaded on devices using the same license as the one on which it was saved.
Hero 'Sahuagin #7' was imported from an encounter, and cannot be loaded on this device. A hero imported from an encounter can only be loaded on devices using the same license as the one on which it was saved.
Hero 'Sahuagin #8' was imported from an encounter, and cannot be loaded on this device. A hero imported from an encounter can only be loaded on devices using the same license as the one on which it was saved.
Hero 'Sahuagin #9' was imported from an encounter, and cannot be loaded on this device. A hero imported from an encounter can only be loaded on devices using the same license as the one on which it was saved.
Hero 'Sahuagin #10' was imported from an encounter, and cannot be loaded on this device. A hero imported from an encounter can only be loaded on devices using the same license as the one on which it was saved.
Hero 'Bale Shark #1' was imported from an encounter, and cannot be loaded on this device. A hero imported from an encounter can only be loaded on devices using the same license as the one on which it was saved.
Hero 'Bale Shark #2' was imported from an encounter, and cannot be loaded on this device. A hero imported from an encounter can only be loaded on devices using the same license as the one on which it was saved.
Hero 'Bale Shark #3' was imported from an encounter, and cannot be loaded on this device. A hero imported from an encounter can only be loaded on devices using the same license as the one on which it was saved.
Do all portfolios in a purchased realm need to be individually re-created after purchase to have the correct locked license?

rob March 22nd, 2019 01:47 PM

It appears that the portfolios in most (possibly all) of the content have this same problem. I'm figuring out how we can get this stuff fixed in a timely manner. I've got a bunch of different people to talk to. I'll return here once I have a handle on how we can get this sorted. That might not be until Monday, though. Thanks for your patience!

glio March 22nd, 2019 04:29 PM

I too am having this problem.

rob March 22nd, 2019 07:26 PM

It turns out the problems probably aren't as widespread as we first feared, but we can't say anything for certain at this point. We're gonna have to do an exhaustive check of all the realms to find out which portfolios are borked.

There are close to 10,000 portfolios across all the realms we've put together! So this is NOT something we can check by hand. I spent all afternoon figuring out with the team how we can assess all the portfolios and find the problem children in an automated manner. It's gonna take a hefty chunk of work to setup the automation - work that won't be completed till after the weekend. Then we'll need to run it against all the portfolios, which will take another chunk of time. At that point, we'll know which portfolios are messed up and need to be replaced. Then we'll be able to set about actually fixing them.

Bottom line: I won't have a good update on this until probably late Tuesday. And that update will be an assessment of how extensive the problem is and an estimate of how long it will take us to fix all the borked portfolios that we identify.

Thanks for your patience. We're absolutely working to sort this out as quickly as possible.

Farnaby March 23rd, 2019 10:00 AM

Yeah, I have this issue too.
I imported Jing into an existing realm, the error occurs.
I created a new pathfinder realm and imported razor coast, same error.

rob March 25th, 2019 12:11 PM

We've determined that there are seven realms where one or more portfolios have this problem. However, the realms with the problem are typically the huge ones. So there are about 1,100 portfolios that need to be corrected. We're working on those now, but we obviously won't get them all fixed overnight. We should be able to get them all corrected this week, so look for updated versions to be available in the days ahead.

Thanks, Rob