Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Savage Worlds (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Automatic Update Bug (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=21493)

Maidhc O Casain June 3rd, 2012 08:38 AM

Automatic Update Bug

I started up HL and had a notice that there's a Solomon Kane setting update for Savage Worlds. I click the Exclamation Point, the update mechanism does it's thing, but the exclamation point doesn't go away. Every time I start it I have the option to download and install the update I've already downloaded and installed . . .

Not a big deal - just a little annoying ;)

CapedCrusader June 3rd, 2012 12:39 PM

We're looking at that. Having these files available directly through Hero Lab is something new, and we're working out the kinks. But the great thing is, you won't have to request updates for these files any more, they'll update automatically.

Maidhc O Casain June 3rd, 2012 12:54 PM

Yep - that's awesome! A lot of the Pathfinder .user files are set up the same way. I'm not sure how the mechanism works across systems, but if it's the same you might look at how they've got it set up for PF.

I saw the list of "places you can get setting files." Is there a list somewhere of those settings for which LoneWolf has gotten permission to make "official" HL files?

John June 4th, 2012 11:38 AM

Hi. We think we've addressed the issue with the update flag not clearing, so it should be fixed.

In terms of the Settings that we've gotten permission to distribute as free files directly through Hero Lab, they are all Settings from Pinnacle. We don't have formal release dates set, but are trying to put out the Settings as quickly as possible. Each Setting we'll be providing is built by a member of the community and will be provided for free, as we've mentioned in the newsletter.

At this point, in addition to "The Savage World of Solomon Kane", we expect to release data files for the following Settings, hopefully soon:
--"Deadlands: Reloaded"
--"Deadlands - The Flood"
--"Slipstream"
--"Weird Wars"
--"Weird Wars II" and "Tour of Darkness"

A big thank you goes out to the folks who are building these data files!

Sketchpad June 4th, 2012 04:57 PM

In a related bug, I'm getting an error with the following lines:

Syntax error in 'per-requesite rule' script for Thing 'edgFan' on Line 1 -> Reference to undeclared variable: 'skPersuade'
Syntax error in 'per-requesite rule' script for Thing 'edgFan' on Line 1 -> Reference to undeclared variable: 'edgCommand'

Maidhc O Casain June 5th, 2012 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John (Post 84301)
Hi. We think we've addressed the issue with the update flag not clearing, so it should be fixed.

In terms of the Settings that we've gotten permission to distribute as free files directly through Hero Lab, they are all Settings from Pinnacle. We don't have formal release dates set, but are trying to put out the Settings as quickly as possible. Each Setting we'll be providing is built by a member of the community and will be provided for free, as we've mentioned in the newsletter.

At this point, in addition to "The Savage World of Solomon Kane", we expect to release data files for the following Settings, hopefully soon:
--"Deadlands: Reloaded"
--"Deadlands - The Flood"
--"Slipstream"
--"Weird Wars"
--"Weird Wars II" and "Tour of Darkness"

A big thank you goes out to the folks who are building these data files!

And another big thanks from me! I've done some work in the Pathfinder .user files so I know how time consuming this can be!

(Also confirming that the auto-update flag is indeed cleared now).

CapedCrusader June 14th, 2012 04:15 PM

Sketch, are you still getting that error?

Sketchpad June 14th, 2012 05:20 PM

I sure am CC...

CapedCrusader June 16th, 2012 04:40 PM

Which .user files do you have?

Sketchpad June 17th, 2012 05:07 PM

Just the Solomon Kane one that was supposed to be DLed