Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Savage Worlds (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   The Super Powers Companion (2nd edition) is Now Available! (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=56241)

CapedCrusader August 1st, 2017 06:16 PM

Yep. In SPC2, you have to be in one of the Rising Stars settings for those Edges to be available.

Der Rote Baron August 3rd, 2017 01:46 AM

Ah yes! Thanks y'all!

Buyaka August 15th, 2017 02:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paragon (Post 246807)
There appear to be some output problems with this. I just built a character, and the melee damage from his Attack, Melee power isn't showing at all, and the Attack, Ranged damage is showing one die lower than it should if the power is toggled off.

Has this been fixed, as I still have an error with the Ranged Attack Power, when you pick enhanced dmg the die should change to D10s, but it doesn't.

Buyaka August 15th, 2017 02:15 AM

Still not working?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paragon (Post 246807)
There appear to be some output problems with this. I just built a character, and the melee damage from his Attack, Melee power isn't showing at all, and the Attack, Ranged damage is showing one die lower than it should if the power is toggled off.

Has this been fixed? As the Ranged Attack power doesnt update if the modifier enhanced damage is taken. The dmg dice should be D10s, but they are still D6s.

CapedCrusader August 15th, 2017 06:43 PM

Enhanced Damage doesn't alter the display. I'll see about fixing that. That's a separate issue from the others. Which are fixed.

drchinnock April 1st, 2018 05:14 PM

Super Skill

How is Super Skill supposed to work when adding a new skill? It currently is adding 1 point to the normal skills list and 2 to the power point cost. It shouldn't be adding anything to the normal skills list and should only cost 1 power point per step whether buying or increasing a current skill.

Not to mention how do you make new skills part of a switchable package.

CapedCrusader April 2nd, 2018 12:45 PM

Hmmm, I'll look into that. It should not be costing the 1 point on the Skills list, and the power cost should be 1. That's been in place for quite a while, I wonder what changed...

As far as Switchable, the Power itself is what is made Switchable, not the individual Skills attached to it. Super Skill is kind of an odd one. It counts as a single power no matter how many Skills are acquired.

I'm going to be doing some work on the Super Powers Companion next week. I'll fix this.

CapedCrusader April 12th, 2018 02:53 PM

I've addressed this for the next update.

terrestrialboy April 15th, 2018 11:01 AM

Nice work.

Gloomfall May 3rd, 2018 05:30 AM

When using the Rising Star: Four Color, Rising Star: Heavy Hitter, and Rising Star: Cosmic power level for a character it excludes me from being able to select the following edges.

* Arcane Resistance
* The Best There Is

CapedCrusader May 3rd, 2018 12:12 PM

Arcane Resistance is restricted from use in a Supers Campaign, and The Best There Is is only allowed at the two lowest power levels in Rising Star campaigns, per Clint Black at Pinnacle.

I hope that helps.

Gloomfall May 3rd, 2018 12:49 PM

Thank you for the quick reply! I just found the reference to the Arcane Resistance, it's currently available for all of the hero power levels other than the ones listed. Is the detail about "The Best There Is" listed somewhere in the books or in errata somewhere that's publicly available?

zarlor May 3rd, 2018 12:56 PM

I'm guessing he's referring to this post: http://archive.pegforum.com/viewtopi...417554#p417554

Gloomfall May 3rd, 2018 01:09 PM

That does make sense, though at best it would be nice if it were at least available for "Rising Star: Four Color" as a +3 Modifier to the Maximum Power Points in a single power, to match the normal Four Color values.

CapedCrusader May 3rd, 2018 04:46 PM

I set up "The Best There Is" as I was directed to by the folks at Pinnacle.

And Arcane Resistance is precluded by clicking "Super Powers Companion 2nd Edition". It has nothing to do with Campaign Power Levels.

CapedCrusader May 3rd, 2018 04:50 PM

But in looking at this I realized that Improved Arcane Resistance still shows up, so I'll preclude that as well in the next update.

Gatlin September 8th, 2018 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buyaka (Post 254238)
Has this been fixed? As the Ranged Attack power doesnt update if the modifier enhanced damage is taken. The dmg dice should be D10s, but they are still D6s.

Has this been fixed yet? I have a switchable ranged power and when it's toggled off on the "in-Play" tab, no damage shows. When toggled on the increased damage doesn't show. Also both versions of the power have increased range, and both show the standard range listed.

Gatlin September 10th, 2018 04:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatlin (Post 270298)
Has this been fixed yet? I have a switchable ranged power and when it's toggled off on the "in-Play" tab, no damage shows. When toggled on the increased damage doesn't show. Also both versions of the power have increased range, and both show the standard range listed.

The switchable error is showing with melee attacks as well, where no damage shows when the "In-Play" tab is toggled off.

Also, with the Absorption power, the Transference modifier should last for five rounds, yet the summary text for the character sheets states 3 rounds.ck

Edit: AP doesn't seem to be showing in the stat block either.

CapedCrusader September 11th, 2018 06:07 PM

I got the one about Ranged Attack, as far as Enhanced Damage and Range. I'll check on these others.

SAbel March 30th, 2019 01:26 PM

Has anyone made other character sheets for this? How hard is it to make a new character sheet? <is there a link sop I can try and work on one>

zarlor March 30th, 2019 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAbel (Post 277535)
Has anyone made other character sheets for this? How hard is it to make a new character sheet? <is there a link sop I can try and work on one>

Do you mean as in printed character sheets? If so there is one I threw together that just uses the full descriptions instead of just the brief descriptions at https://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=45759, but it doesn't really change the layout or look of the sheet. If you wanted something that looked like a pdf sheet from Pinnacle or to do something fancy, it should be possible, and I'm pretty sure I've seen it done over on the 5E or Pathfinder forums, but I think you have to really know how and/or have the tools to do XML stylesheet programming or be able to massage the data in java (which is how I think some of the folks on the Pathfinder forum do it). It was something well beyond my abilities to do, I know that. It may even be possible to use a form-fillable PDF by tagging which fields need to go where on it, but that's also way beyond anything I was able to figure out.

CapedCrusader April 3rd, 2019 02:14 PM

What would you like to see in a different character sheet, out of curiosity? I assume you mean one tailored to the Super Powers Companion material, since you posted it here...