Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - User Projects (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Psionics Unleashed (Dreamscarred Press) - WIP (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=12627)

TCArknight March 14th, 2011 03:40 AM

Psionics Unleashed (Dreamscarred Press) - WIP

Howdy!

Thought I'd go ahead and share where I'm at with the Psionics Unleashed book from Dreamscarred Press.

Skills - Complete
Feats - Complete
Base Classes - Complete
Prestige Classes - Not Started
Powers - (done as spells) A-B complete

That's it right now. I've got things working as well as I can without the basic Psionics support not being enabled. (Colen, Rob, Matthias - Any chance of that happening soon? :) )

I'm still working on things slowly but surely... :)

TC

Update: The latest version is located on the Community Servers for download.

chiefweasel March 14th, 2011 05:32 AM

Is this for Pathfinder?

TCArknight March 14th, 2011 06:33 AM

Yes, it's a Pathfinder 3rd party book.

Corwyn April 10th, 2011 12:24 PM

one, it comes up that it's corrupted, I got it to open using rar files to find the following listing.

My Psionics Unleashed - Classes.user
My Psionics Unleashed - Feats.user
My Psionics Unleashed - Powers.user
My Psionics Unleashed - Skills.user
Psionics Unleashed.user
Sources - Psionics Unleashed.1st

when I tried using it, I got massive error messages. any suggestions?

thanks for all your hard work,
Corwyn

ShadowChemosh April 10th, 2011 04:15 PM

Their is a newer version actually where everything has been rolled into two files instead of a several.

Attached is that copy. Please remember of course this is still a work in progress. One I wish I had time to help with.

Corwyn April 10th, 2011 11:37 PM

awesome, thank you both very much. and the work is great. I can make some items, feats and such... but when I start getting to programming in new classes and such, I get totally lost. hence, very greatful.
thanks
Corwyn

TCArknight April 18th, 2011 04:29 AM

Here's the most recent version. :)

The data is in one file, and the following are implemented:

4-18
Races: Complete
Classes - Base: Complete
Feats: Complete
Skills: Complete
Powers: Partial (Done as Spells)
Items: Deep Crystal, Mundane Crystal materials, Armor and Weapon abilities, Cognizant Crystals

PP are listed as a Tracker on the In Play tab and Cognizant Crystals are listed as a Tracked Resource with charges equal to the Max PP stored within.

Please let me know if there are any questions, comments or issues and I'll respond ASAP. :)

Thanks!
TC

TCArknight April 20th, 2011 04:20 AM

I think there's an issue in the most recent files with the Psion and Psychic Warrior not being able to choose powers on the class tab. (I think I missed the Know tags for the spells).

I'll get a corrected file up tonight or in the morning.

Thanks!
Thomas

Triphammer13 May 2nd, 2011 04:10 PM

Am I the only one who cannot open the file posted on April 18th? I get a message telling me it is not a valid ZIP file.

Sendric May 3rd, 2011 05:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Triphammer13 (Post 55495)
Am I the only one who cannot open the file posted on April 18th? I get a message telling me it is not a valid ZIP file.

I didn't have a problem. Maybe try downloading it again.

Triphammer13 May 3rd, 2011 09:03 PM

Strangely, when I changed the file extension to .RAR it worked. I have not had problems with other .ZIP files, so I'm not sure what caused the problem.

TCArknight May 4th, 2011 05:58 AM

Yep, I see now why that was an issue.

I compressed with WinRAR, and manually changed the extension to zip. I'd never had a problem with doing that but I guess some systems don't like it. The next one I'll be doing with 7zip as a normal zip file. Should help.

TC

Sendric May 4th, 2011 06:13 AM

ah, that explains it. I uncompressed with winRAR, and apparently it didn't care about the file extension (at least for me).

Mjolnir May 25th, 2011 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TCArknight (Post 55016)
I think there's an issue in the most recent files with the Psion and Psychic Warrior not being able to choose powers on the class tab. (I think I missed the Know tags for the spells).

I'll get a corrected file up tonight or in the morning.

Thanks!
Thomas

Noticed this too. Where can I find that updated copy?

Silverwolf June 13th, 2011 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mjolnir (Post 56287)
Noticed this too. Where can I find that updated copy?

I would like a copy too as well. :)

Lurch June 14th, 2011 05:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silverwolf (Post 57189)
I would like a copy too as well. :)

I'll second that!

Lurch June 20th, 2011 11:27 AM

FWIW, it appears the most recent version of the dataset (05/09/11) has been posted on the Dreamscarred Press forums here.

nexist418 June 22nd, 2011 04:06 PM

Yay! My last barrier with using HeroLab has fallen.

nexist418 June 22nd, 2011 04:17 PM

I spoke too soon. Can anyone tell me how to "install" the files?

Can't delete the post, but I found the answer at d20pfsrd

bennowak June 25th, 2011 03:42 PM

Fantastic start. Have a player who insisted on creating a Synad as a character so adapting that to the download (Race:Elan). Missing a ton of spells so will create in a seperate .user as needed. Main issue I have right now is where do I find "Manifester Level 1" (herofield[tMaxCaster].value >= 1)? These feats should be available for the character.

ETA on the next update (have 5/9/11)?

Theocrat June 29th, 2011 04:51 PM

Hi All -
As a VC, I never get to play anything other than standard PFS play. It's exciting to be able to play a Psion. But I'm thinking of merging it with a Magus from Ult.Magic. I think multiclassing with the two might make a pretty interesting mix. A little bit of this and a little bit of that. With the Carrion Crown AP, it seems that a straight Psion might be seen as a 'creep' to the 'normal' people.
Not that UM came out in time to use the 05/09 data file for this - but is there a thought that there might be an overlap and some issues? Just want to see what headaches I might encounter doing it this way via HL.
Be Well. Be Well Psionic.
Theocrat Issak
Venture Captain of the Las Vegas Lodge

poizen37 July 20th, 2011 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TCArknight (Post 53282)
Thought I'd go ahead and share where I'm at with the Psionics Unleashed book from Dreamscarred Press.

I'm still working on things slowly but surely... :)

TC

You are my new hero...

zero_traveler December 10th, 2011 11:20 PM

Ok so, I'm using the latest build of the Psionics dataset from this thread, and I tried adding in a Psychic Warrior class at level 8, after 7 straight levels of Soulknife.

SLK seems to be working fine, but the Psychic Warrior I'm getting a Validation Error on my Psychic Warrior tab, saying I need to learn more powers, but when I add more beyond the 1 that I have, I get a validation error "Has Excess Powers"

huntercc December 11th, 2011 04:30 AM

You may want to wait a bit, RavenX has told me he and TCArcKnight are very close to having a finished version to share with everyone.

RavenX December 21st, 2011 07:07 PM

TCArKnight should now have the datafile waiting for him in his inbox. I just sent it. The powers are done now. TCArKnight should be able to finish the rest of the datafile now.

Lurch December 22nd, 2011 05:24 AM

That's great news; thanks for all the work you've put into this, guys!

zero_traveler December 22nd, 2011 08:40 PM

If you guys get this done before the new year, it will be one of the best presents.

tkarn January 11th, 2012 01:25 AM

Wow, you did a great job. Will there be an integration of the advanced psionic material?

ShadowChemosh January 11th, 2012 10:24 AM

Oh yea for future readers of this thread see THIS post to how to get the latest copy of this data set.

bkjohns96 January 12th, 2012 07:59 PM

I followed the link but I didn't see where to get this file. What did I miss?

TCArknight January 13th, 2012 09:42 AM

click on the d20pfsrd link in Shadow's signature. :) You should be able to find it from there.

I think the only thing that's missing is the Prestige classes which I haven't gotten to yet, but I want to make sure that everything else is working fine before tackling them.

bkjohns96 January 14th, 2012 09:14 AM

Are the files for d20 system or Pathfinder? I only purchased the Pathfinder Licensce. Do I need to get the d20 license to us this data set?

Joshua January 14th, 2012 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bkjohns96 (Post 69324)
Are the files for d20 system or Pathfinder? I only purchased the Pathfinder Licensce. Do I need to get the d20 license to us this data set?

Go to this thread here: http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?p=68762 and view the PDF is Step 1 of the first post. When you get to the "add source" section and you have to copy in a link, copy the link from Step 2 of the post, NOT the link from the PDF. Follow the rest of the PDF instructions but instead of looking for "lawful_g" in the updates section of Hero Lab, look for "d20pfsrd Psionics Unleashed" and download and import normally like any other Hero Labs update.

That should get you going. :)

ShadowChemosh January 14th, 2012 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bkjohns96 (Post 69128)
I followed the link but I didn't see where to get this file. What did I miss?

This is a Powered by HL feature means there is a one time setup and the data set can then be auto-downloaded into HL. Just like official data sets and HL will give a notification to you to update when a new version is put out.

Should have pointed you to the first post in the thread. My bad. :(

So see d20pfsrd Data Sets - Powered by Hero Lab.... instead.

ShadowChemosh January 14th, 2012 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bkjohns96 (Post 69324)

Psionics Unleashed is a Pathfinder version of the Psionics rules. So you need Pathfinder for this to work correctly.

bkjohns96 January 16th, 2012 09:45 AM

A million thanks ShadowChemosh, everything is up and working. (I used the URL from the PDF:o) It golden now.

poisonbladed February 1st, 2012 07:01 PM

Try as I might I can't import it.

ShadowChemosh February 1st, 2012 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poisonbladed (Post 72226)
Try as I might I can't import it.

Sorry to hear that. Can you give more details?

poisonbladed February 2nd, 2012 05:40 AM

Well I am having trouble importing it. I suspect its me. The best I get is that I can veiw the files, but they don't redirect to the authoring part of the files the way the last import of authoring files did.

I have two puters and exported one to the other, so I thought I knew how to do this, maybe not...

Anyway I can see the files it just doesn't load them up to the Pathfinder system.

ShadowChemosh February 2nd, 2012 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poisonbladed (Post 72256)
Well I am having trouble importing it. I suspect its me. The best I get is that I can veiw the files, but they don't redirect to the authoring part of the files the way the last import of authoring files did.

I have two puters and exported one to the other, so I thought I knew how to do this, maybe not...

Anyway I can see the files it just doesn't load them up to the Pathfinder system.

Hmmm I am sorry I am just not understanding.

Umm lets go this way. Follow these steps and if you get any errors or issues take a screen shot. Its really hard to debug things when I can't see it. :)

1) Please see THIS pdf document located on Chiefweasel's site. It will go over the couple steps needed to setup the Updates feature.
--In the PDF follow steps 1 to 3 only. For step 4 fill in THIS URL:
Code:

http://www.shadowsoftware.net/herolab/d20pfsrd/updates.xml
2) Restart Hero Lab and click on the Find Updates button and near the bottom of the list you will find the new "d20pfsrd - Psionics Unleashed" data sets available.

3) Select it and then click on DOWNLOAD.

4) Once downloaded the install process should kick right off.

5) Click on the "Install" button.

6) You get a warning message just say OK.

7) After the install you should get a message it installed correctly.

8) Hit finished and double click Pathfinder to start it.

9) In the Configure Your Hero window you should now see "Psionics Unleashed" as something you can click on for Classes, Skills, feats, and races.

Let me know if you have any issues with the above steps. If you do have an issue a screen shot of what you see would really help out. :)