Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=89)
-   -   D&D 5e Community Pack (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=55090)

daplunk March 5th, 2016 11:09 AM

Instead of putting the text back in. Which is going to be a pain to individually maintain. Paraphrase text and send it to us via a github issue. It needs to be min 20% different from original text.

This way the whole community benefits .

seffer March 6th, 2016 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daplunk (Post 225635)
Instead of putting the text back in. Which is going to be a pain to individually maintain. Paraphrase text and send it to us via a github issue. It needs to be min 20% different from original text.

This way the whole community benefits .

Hi.

Total noob here. Can you please point me to a page that shows exactly how to do this? Or if there isn't a good resource, would you please provide more specific instructions? I'd like to contribute some of the missing fluff/placeholder text (which I'll be sure to change up a bit).

Thanks!

ShadowChemosh March 6th, 2016 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seffer (Post 225698)
Hi.

Total noob here. Can you please point me to a page that shows exactly how to do this? Or if there isn't a good resource, would you please provide more specific instructions? I'd like to contribute some of the missing fluff/placeholder text (which I'll be sure to change up a bit).

Thanks!

I would recommend reading the Glossary of Terms for the Editor. Then check out FAQ#2 for all the places to learn about the editor including YouTube videos.

The first YouTube video HERE would be very good as it shows how to open the editor do some basic editing.

daplunk March 6th, 2016 01:09 PM

If easier and if you are just writing fluff text I'm happy for you to submit it to us in a text document / word document.

Name of Thing: What is the fluff text written for
The Fluff Text: Ensure is it min 20% diff from original.

Then simply raise a new issue over HERE. You can drag your file straight into the ticket and it will upload and attach.

I will then take care of the replacement in the editor.

seffer March 6th, 2016 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daplunk (Post 225704)
If easier and if you are just writing fluff text I'm happy for you to submit it to us in a text document / word document.

Name of Thing: What is the fluff text written for
The Fluff Text: Ensure is it min 20% diff from original.

Then simply raise a new issue over HERE. You can drag your file straight into the ticket and it will upload and attach.

I will then take care of the replacement in the editor.

This is just the sort of thing I was hoping for. I'll submit something in the next couple of days.

Thanks!

daplunk March 6th, 2016 03:10 PM

Mechanics are ok btw and don't need to be changed.

cyberqat March 6th, 2016 06:37 PM

MOdifying Unarmed Strike weapon

HI,
In my world, Unarmed Strike is a finesse weapon (you cna use STR or DEX with it.)

What do I need to edit to make that chnage? Can I do it in the Tools->editor or do I need to edit raw xml?

Mick McKee March 7th, 2016 01:53 PM

Thank you for all the hard work that's been put into this :)

I have some questions/issues about:

-Jack of All Trades(player's Handbook 54). Should it not, in most cases, add that bonus to Initiative?

-Additional Magical Secrets(Player's Handbook 55). This should not count against the number of bard spells known by the Bard.

daplunk March 7th, 2016 02:10 PM

If you need to log issues / queries for Community Pack content please do it through the GitHub. This will ensure your issue gets addressed and tracked.

https://github.com/Sklore/HL_DD_5e_Colab/issues/new

Fierce Rabbit March 12th, 2016 02:38 PM

I can't get this to work. I follow the instructions in the pdf, but the updates don't show up when I restart and check for updates. When I go to Manage Third Party Updates, it says there are none installed.