Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Error in loading the New version of Pathfinder 1.1.2 (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=52871)

Nikmal May 5th, 2015 04:40 PM

Error in loading the New version of Pathfinder 1.1.2

This is what happened.

The data files could not be loaded due to errors. Hero Lab will now attempt to lad them in recovery mode. Once loaded, you can access the editor as normal to correct any errors.

The following errors occured:

Syntax error in 'eval' script for Thing 'cPUDevaTou' (Eval Script #1) on line 9
->Error in right-side expression of assignment
Syntax error in 'eval' script for Thing 'cPWP1MrHI' (Eval Script #1) on line 14
->Error in right-side expression of assignment

Aaron May 5th, 2015 04:52 PM

I don't believe either of those things are part of our files, check your community stuff, perhaps?

Exmortis May 5th, 2015 05:12 PM

I have it as well so must be a community file.

ShadowChemosh May 5th, 2015 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aaron (Post 208421)
I don't believe either of those things are part of our files, check your community stuff, perhaps?

So how come the #levelcount[] macro can't be used in a String operation anymore?

The errors are showing for the following line:
Code:

field[abText].text = #levelcount[PWBtlTmpl] & " + 1d4/maneuver level HP"
This is not uncommon code. So what happened to the macro that its now suddenly invalid?

Aaron May 5th, 2015 09:52 PM

levelcount now counts Classes tags + LvCountAs tags, which is a new tag group the unchained classes add for counting as their CRB equivalents for the purposes of the levelcount macro. This was a fix for the stunning fist feat not calculating charges correctly for unchained monks (as well as others).

I think since it is now more than a single tagcount it won't work in string expression like that. How common is that in community stuff? I'd think that it would be relatively rare because most things have fields to store their level instead of having to count tags.

ShadowChemosh May 6th, 2015 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aaron (Post 208434)
How common is that in community stuff? I'd think that it would be relatively rare because most things have fields to store their level instead of having to count tags.

Yeah the ones I fixed never should have been using it but it's still a major change in HL scripting logic. So I can't tell you the full cost of the change to the macro is. Still not really understanding how adding more tags to count causes it to be unusable. Isn't it still just returning a "number"?

Currently I have the 3PP Pack fixed again and released. You are correct that a Class Special should not be using #levelcount[] instead of field[xAllLevel].value but not every person doing HL stuff knows that. :)

Macros to me are like the base building blocks of HL. Similar to the core methods of Java. Its not cool to drastically change that logic on people. Sorry had a LONG LONG night with real work issues. Little grumpy today...

Thanks for the Answer....

AndrewD2 May 6th, 2015 09:06 AM

I think it doesn't work because you can't do math in a string.

lortondm May 6th, 2015 05:49 PM

Continued Error

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh (Post 208455)
Yeah the ones I fixed never should have been using it but it's still a major change in HL scripting logic. So I can't tell you the full cost of the change to the macro is. Still not really understanding how adding more tags to count causes it to be unusable. Isn't it still just returning a "number"?

Currently I have the 3PP Pack fixed again and released. You are correct that a Class Special should not be using #levelcount[] instead of field[xAllLevel].value but not every person doing HL stuff knows that. :)

Macros to me are like the base building blocks of HL. Similar to the core methods of Java. Its not cool to drastically change that logic on people. Sorry had a LONG LONG night with real work issues. Little grumpy today...

Thanks for the Answer....

ShadowChemosh, I think you've fixed the 2 errors first noted above. I was getting it and am not getting it anymore. But now I'm getting this error. Can this one be fixed too?

Field 'wCustMonNm' is no longer associated with pick 'MythSource'

charlieluce May 6th, 2015 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lortondm (Post 208495)
Field 'wCustMonNm' is no longer associated with pick 'MythSource'

That one is transitory and should go away once you re-save the portfolio.

Nikmal May 6th, 2015 11:00 PM

Thanks Shadow... it's fixed!! :)