Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Alternity (user-created) (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   New Release (1.0) (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=43822)

evildmguy April 29th, 2013 06:33 AM

New Release (1.0)

I have put out the next release.

The about data files lists the updates, so I won't do that here. The only thing I will mention is that I did update how some tags worked and so when a character is re-loaded, you might have to repick their profession. (And if you are in advance mode, this would require you to go back to creation mode.) Once that is done and saved, there shouldn't be any problems.

As usual, let me know if anyone finds any issues.

I have been using my weekly group as a baseline for what I make work. To that end, PL5 characters can be made and tracked. Still room for improvements! But I think it's a really good 1.0 version.

I'm not sure what I will do next. At this point, data entry could be done by anyone and hopefully shared. If anyone is interested, or a lot are, I can certainly coordinate the effort so that only one person works on one book at a time so no duplicated effort. I will be doing the Dark*Matter Arms and Equipment, since that's what my group is doing and I want to test the editor.

Thanks!

edg

Llyr May 3rd, 2013 10:14 PM

I would be interested in helping with some of the data entry, but do not know how to do so with this project. Should I type it in then send it to you? In what format, ASCI? to where?

Also bug reports?

I am looking to be more involed, but am having issues finding an FAQ on how to participate.

Llyr

kilthar May 4th, 2013 02:14 PM

Great work on making a versatile Alternity character manager.
If you require assistance with data input don't hesitate to contact me.

Cheers,

Chris

evildmguy May 6th, 2013 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Llyr (Post 155479)
I would be interested in helping with some of the data entry, but do not know how to do so with this project. Should I type it in then send it to you? In what format, ASCI? to where?

Also bug reports?

I am looking to be more involed, but am having issues finding an FAQ on how to participate.

Llyr

Thanks for the response! I appreciate it!

If you are familiar with the HL editor that should be all you need to enter things. However, you do bring up a good point with the FAQ and how to do it. There are a few things I need to explain. Or I could clean them up myself later once the data has been entered.

At this point, I have the data from the core PH entered. What I would need entered, in terms of weapons, armor and gear, is the stuff from the S*D and D*M A&E source books. To enter those, go into the editor, start a new file, then copy an existing item, such as a gun or armor, and then make the changes for the new version.

Hmm. Maybe I can make a document to show how to do this to get people started. But it's a good start for me and a good idea. So, thanks!

edg

evildmguy May 6th, 2013 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kilthar (Post 155517)
Great work on making a versatile Alternity character manager.
If you require assistance with data input don't hesitate to contact me.

Cheers,

Chris

What books do you have? Is there any particular data you want to enter for your own campaigns?

At this point, I have only entered a bit of D*M data for testing purposes. So, really anything could be done.

Thanks!

edg

kilthar May 6th, 2013 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evildmguy (Post 155573)
What books do you have? Is there any particular data you want to enter for your own campaigns?

At this point, I have only entered a bit of D*M data for testing purposes. So, really anything could be done.

Thanks!

edg

I believe I have all of the Alternity books.
Primarily I run an adventure based in the Star*Drive universe and use bits out of most of the additional books with the exception of FX.

So I'm more than happy to assist with any data entry including D*M.
Just give me a list of what you would like me to enter.

Feel free to email me at anytime.

Cheers,
Chris

evildmguy May 9th, 2013 06:44 AM

Sorry for the slow replies. Busy with a lot of things at the moment.

I have been thinking about what I want to do with this. Once I have a plan, I will share it here.

Thanks for the replies!

edg

evildmguy May 10th, 2013 03:46 AM

Here is what I am thinking.

I'm going to use the editor to enter data from the Dark*Matter A&E book. If I don't find any things that need to be changed, great! Otherwise, I will do those.

In the meantime, if you want to enter data from the Star*Drive A&E book and see if that works for you. Let me know if you find any problems. Or you can wait and see if I fix anything from entered data.

Thanks!

edg

jbearwillis May 10th, 2013 06:57 AM

Are you going to have a mutation tab in the editor. I would start working on inputting Gamma World but there is no way to add mutations as of yet.

evildmguy May 10th, 2013 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbearwillis (Post 156240)
Are you going to have a mutation tab in the editor. I would start working on inputting Gamma World but there is no way to add mutations as of yet.

That's a good note. Thanks! I will put that in there.

edg