Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Creating Foo Dogs/Lions in Hero Lab (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=50213)

kaintheseeker August 3rd, 2014 10:27 AM

Creating Foo Dogs/Lions in Hero Lab

I can't quite get the dog + Foo creature or Lion + Foo creature to match up with the bestiary 3 entries. Any suggestions or fixes out there?

bodrin August 3rd, 2014 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaintheseeker (Post 189323)
I can't quite get the dog + Foo creature or Lion + Foo creature to match up with the bestiary 3 entries. Any suggestions or fixes out there?

What kind of error / mismatch are you seeing?
If it's skill points or feat choices then FYI there are usually stat block errors in quite a few bestiary entries with regards to HL.

The program enforces the rules as laid out in the PRD but paizo sometimes breaks them for stat blocks.
If you want to make any alterations to the portfolio then add as an NPC and tick the customise button next to the race selection.

kaintheseeker August 3rd, 2014 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bodrin (Post 189328)
What kind of error / mismatch are you seeing?
If it's skill points or feat choices then FYI there are usually stat block errors in quite a few bestiary entries with regards to HL.

The program enforces the rules as laid out in the PRD but paizo sometimes breaks them for stat blocks.
If you want to make any alterations to the portfolio then add as an NPC and tick the customise button next to the race selection.

Let's see. Hp/had don't change, saves don't match, attack die had to be tweaked. I had to add an untyped bonus to the dogs to get their attacks to mesh and a lot of other tweaks to get them to match the combat numbers.

The foo template for one doesn't bum hit die from d8 to d10.

bodrin August 3rd, 2014 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaintheseeker (Post 189331)
Let's see. Hp/had don't change, saves don't match, attack die had to be tweaked. I had to add an untyped bonus to the dogs to get their attacks to mesh and a lot of other tweaks to get them to match the combat numbers.

Submit a bug report.
The link is in my signature.

ShadowChemosh August 3rd, 2014 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaintheseeker (Post 189331)

As your saying Foo template then that is a 3PP package Tome of Horrors Complete. So you will need to put in a bug report to FGG about it. See THIS post for who to contact for 3PP packages.

kaintheseeker August 3rd, 2014 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh (Post 189334)
As your saying Foo template then that is a 3PP package Tome of Horrors Complete. So you will need to put in a bug report to FGG about it. See THIS post for who to contact for 3PP packages.

No, I am not using the 3pp template. I'm using the template out of the Bestiary 3. I was trying to build a list up for my Summoner who just got Summon Good Monster.

ShadowChemosh August 3rd, 2014 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaintheseeker (Post 189345)
No, I am not using the 3pp template. I'm using the template out of the Bestiary 3. I was trying to build a list up for my Summoner who just got Summon Good Monster.

Opps didn't know B3 had that. So in that case put in a LW Bug Report as posting to the forums means most likely the issue gets lost or missed. :(

My advice is to list detailed information how its incorrect (ie what the value in HL shows and what value you expect to see) when you put in the bug report.