Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Pathfinder Community Packs (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=51966)

Skarn March 20th, 2017 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TobyFox2002 (Post 246493)

{Many Code Snippets & References}

Much appreciation for the info. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh (Post 246523)
I advise not doing this at all. Potion Bracers are NOT magic items and do not take up magic equipment slots. So no reason to give "extra" slots for something that takes up zero slots.

The most likely issue here is that you have marked the Potion Bracer as taking up a slot when you should have left it blank. :)

OTOH, it could be argued based on this statement that a suit of mundane armor doesn't occupy the armor slot, thus allowing two suits to be worn so long as only one is magical. ;)

In any case, I'm not sure to track how many of them are being worn at once, so it may be a moot point. The Bandolier states that only two may be used at once, but there's no code in the LWD item to enforce that restriction; they don't have check boxes to indicate that they're being worn, and I can add three of them to a character without HL throwing an error.

For the moment then, I'll yank the wrist slot link and put the restrictions in as an addendum to the canonical descriptive text.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh (Post 246524)
As you are making custom things in the Editor its own thread would be appreciated. :)

So noted. New thread in the future. Apologies for hijacking this one.

Quote:

Can't limit by number of items but weight can be done I think. What I would do is a warning message instead if you have more than three items in the potion bracer. That way the gamer knows there is a limit and they are allowed to easily surpass that if there group/GM allows. I prefer stuff never "hard" stops a gamers because it prevents a person from easily doing houserules.

If there's a way to check for number of items, I'll code it in. If not, then considering how LWD put in the Bandolier (no limits that I can see on what it carries), I'll just leave the Potion Bracer at the 0.3# weight limit. It won't hard limit potions since they're weightless in PF, but it will prevent larger items from hanging off the forearm.

Quote:

Sounds pretty cool. I honestly have not looked at the Occult stuff in Pathfinder allot. Can't really give any thoughts on this. To be honest only really matters how the people in your group feel about. :)

Its also my first experience with anything out of OA aside from the Kineticist, so I'll be exploring the game balance issues as I go.

As to my 'group', I'm the only player in this campaign. :D I'm adapting a 3.5 OGL product called 'Dungeon Bash' (by 'The Other Game Company') to Pathfinder usage. It lets you dungeon crawl Solo and/or GM free, sort of like the 1st Edition of Warhammer Quest from the 90s (haven't looked at last year's version). Its one of my ways to pass the time between RW Pathfinder sessions with my friends, and it lets me experiment with new (to me) classes without risking a character that I'm likely to become emotionally invested in. :)

ShadowChemosh March 20th, 2017 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skarn (Post 246533)
OTOH, it could be argued based on this statement that a suit of mundane armor doesn't occupy the armor slot, thus allowing two suits to be worn so long as only one is magical. ;)

I hope the smiley face means your making some sort of joke? Cause that is some very bizzare bit of logic otherwise. :p

Skarn March 20th, 2017 10:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skarn (Post 246492)
Question #3: Is there a known way to permit two items to occupy the same equipment slot without throwing an error?

Quote:

Originally Posted by TobyFox2002 (Post 246493)
Question 3:
Yes, the code is:
Code:

~ Adding the script to the item at Post-Attr/10000
perform hero.assign[ExtraSlot.EqpWrist]

But it might be worth adjust this script to make sure you can only equip another identical item. Otherwise you'll have some knucklehead adding a bracer of protection. Also, you'll need to add a script to prevent the second bracer from applying that extra slot. Each time you'll end up with yet another extra bracer slot.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh (Post 246523)
I advise not doing this at all. Potion Bracers are NOT magic items and do not take up magic equipment slots. So no reason to give "extra" slots for something that takes up zero slots.

The most likely issue here is that you have marked the Potion Bracer as taking up a slot when you should have left it blank. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skarn (Post 246533)

In any case, I'm not sure to track how many of them are being worn at once, so it may be a moot point. . . .

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh (Post 246536)
I hope the smiley face means your making some sort of joke? Cause that is some very bizzare bit of logic otherwise. :p

It was meant to try and take the sting out of the fact that in this instance, sir, I find your logic very bizarre.

[RULES LAWYER]
Magical bracers come in pairs which must be worn together for their magic to take effect, such as is indicated in the description of Bracers of Armor, Core book, p504. If a mundane bracer is already taking up the majority of the forearm, then there's no room to wear a magical bracer on that arm. Thus your suggestion that a Potion Bracer shouldn't occupy the Wrist slot puzzles me.

If, as you suggested, mundane items don't take up item slots, then it should be perfectly valid to wear, say, Banded Mail +1 over the top of mundane Full Plate, since the Full Plate doesn't occupy the slot for magical armor.
[/rules lawyer]

---

On a lighter note, without knowing of API calls to implement a 2 potion bracer limitation, the item has been completed to the same standard as LWD's Bandolier and I hereby respectfully submit it for consideration to be added to the CP.

I have deliberately left the 'Source' blank, since my copy uses a source defined in my custom .1st file and I don't want to presume that it meets CP standards for using the 'official' CP Sharn City of Towers source.

I do appreciate all of the assistance.

ShadowChemosh March 21st, 2017 10:37 AM

So your telling me that if your player wears two gold non-magic rings and they try and add a Ring of Protection +1 that you you tell them it won't work. I mean you are using your two "ring" slots for non-magic items so you can't add a third ring correct?

ShadowChemosh March 21st, 2017 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skarn (Post 246540)
If, as you suggested, mundane items don't take up item slots, then it should be perfectly valid to wear, say, Banded Mail +1 over the top of mundane Full Plate, since the Full Plate doesn't occupy the slot for magical armor.

This is perfectly legal by Pathfinder rules. You can't wear two "magic" armor but you can wear one magic and one non-magical. To be clear the "magic" part of two suites of armor will get canceled out. Only the last one you put on will work as it supersedes the first one.

You will be affected by the weight of both and the ACP penalties DO stack. But the bonuses (ie AC) only the highest is in use. In this case you would get +9 from full plate, -11 ACP and carrying 85lbs of armor. Totally legit in the rules.

This is no different than someone who uses two shields, a very popular build in pathfinder and PFS. You get the AC bonuses from the highest shield but the ACP penalties still stack.

charlieluce March 21st, 2017 03:41 PM

Out of curiosity I searched through the Paizo boards concerning the very similar case of the Wrist Sheath, and allowing Wrist Sheaths to be worn along with magical Wrist Slot items was consistently approved.

Ketakku March 22nd, 2017 01:44 PM

Sorry for replying to this so late, I will get you this file now.

Skarn March 22nd, 2017 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh (Post 246571)
So your telling me that if your player wears two gold non-magic rings and they try and add a Ring of Protection +1 that you you tell them it won't work. I mean you are using your two "ring" slots for non-magic items so you can't add a third ring correct?

More fingers available, but I do recognize that my previously stated logic didn't directly account for this. I've always figured that only one magical ring per hand could work, to account for the official limitation.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh (Post 246586)
This is perfectly legal by Pathfinder rules. You can't wear two "magic" armor but you can wear one magic and one non-magical. To be clear the "magic" part of two suites of armor will get canceled out. Only the last one you put on will work as it supersedes the first one.

You will be affected by the weight of both and the ACP penalties DO stack. But the bonuses (ie AC) only the highest is in use. In this case you would get +9 from full plate, -11 ACP and carrying 85lbs of armor. Totally legit in the rules.

This is no different than someone who uses two shields, a very popular build in pathfinder and PFS. You get the AC bonuses from the highest shield but the ACP penalties still stack.

Quote:

Originally Posted by charlieluce (Post 246593)
Out of curiosity I searched through the Paizo boards concerning the very similar case of the Wrist Sheath, and allowing Wrist Sheaths to be worn along with magical Wrist Slot items was consistently approved.

After rereading the relevant paragraphs of the core book and looking at a few of the Paizo threads, I yield the point.

I guess I'm just too much of an instinctive simulationist. I'll try to keep that in check in the future. :)

ShadowChemosh March 22nd, 2017 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skarn (Post 246638)
I guess I'm just too much of an instinctive simulationist. I'll try to keep that in check in the future. :)

From the point of view of your group or heck my own group I 100% agree with your logic. Just like I had a problem with a player carrying 15 loaded heavy crossbows in my game. By the rules he can carry the weight and he can draw (with quick draw), fire and drop them to get multiple attacks a round. But its not passing my internal logic check for my games. By the rules as written in Pathfinder he was fine. :(

But yeah I have learned for community stuff it is used by many people and I try to not enforce how "my" games run into the what I provide. Lots of people play differently and by trying to go exactly by the rules as written I usually get less "bug" reports from people. Not saying its all perfect or I have not had to go back make changes. But we try. :)

Also why I have a different data pack (Shadow d20) that makes use of the community pack that is for my players. It has lots of small tweaks and changes to the rules that work for my group. ;)

Skarn March 24th, 2017 01:12 AM

Community Pack v1.7 Bug Report (Eberron Dolgaunt)

Eberron Campaign Setting (ECS) p. 281 lists the Dolgaunt as having +3 Natural Armor, but the Community Pack v1.7 (CP17) version is lacking said protection.

Also, and I'll admit that this second one may just be my own inexperience with Hero Lab and/or the Editor, but as configured, it looks to me like Hero Lab is reporting the Dolgaunt's Damage Resistance as DR 5/Byeshk AND Magic rather than DR 5/Byeshk OR Magic.

--- Edit ---

I just noticed a problem with the Empty Vessel as well.

ECS p. 291 (top of right-hand column) states that the Empty Vessel gains Knowledge (Planes) as an automatic Class Skill. This isn't implemented in CP17.