Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Pathfinder Community Packs (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=51966)

DeltaMasterMind March 19th, 2017 04:23 AM

Just wanted to say all the people working on this pack are amazing! :D:D:D
Thank you for all the hard work everyone!

Dami March 19th, 2017 04:28 AM

Two items in the Community Pack that are missing sources:
1. fAP81RalBl (Rallying Blow Feat) in COM_BasicPack_AP081 - Shifting Sands.user is mssing the "Mummy's Mask" source.
2. fPWHigtMan (Heighten Maneuver feat) in COM_3PPPack_PathofWarEx - Feats is missing the "Path of War Expanded" source.

ShadowChemosh March 19th, 2017 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeltaMasterMind (Post 246447)
Just wanted to say all the people working on this pack are amazing!
Thank you for all the hard work everyone!

Thanks! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dami (Post 246448)
1. fAP81RalBl (Rallying Blow Feat) in COM_BasicPack_AP081 - Shifting Sands.user is mssing the "Mummy's Mask" source.

Fixed!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dami (Post 246448)
2. fPWHigtMan (Heighten Maneuver feat) in COM_3PPPack_PathofWarEx - Feats is missing the "Path of War Expanded" source.

You sure this is the correct feat as it shows sourced marked to PoW Expanded. :(

chaoscowboy March 19th, 2017 02:22 PM

Awesome update! I see some psionics additions and bugfixes which warms the cockles of my heart. The wNeedle bug is still present in the new version but a quick rename fixed it. Can't do that with the tablet but not a big deal.

ShadowChemosh March 19th, 2017 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chaoscowboy (Post 246475)
The wNeedle bug is still present in the new version but a quick rename fixed it. Can't do that with the tablet but not a big deal.

This issue is an issue only for your system. As mentioned you have another addon or personal files that the pack is Conflicting with. You need to fix the non-Pack files or you will have issues after every update.

Skarn March 19th, 2017 10:48 PM

Adding Eberron Specific Equipment

Firstly, if this isn't the correct place for my questions, please forgive me. I don't visit the forums often enough to have a good feel for where this belongs.

---

While setting up for an Eberron campaign (creating monster portfolios to go with random encounter tables, etc.) using Community Pack v1.7, I'm attempting to add a unique piece of Eberron equipment from Sharn: City of Towers (SCoT) via the HL Editor and since the API is so poorly documented, I'd like some assistance with coding it, please. (Once the item is finished, I'll be glad to contribute it to the CP.)

I have the basics already in place for a Potion Bracer (SCoT, p. 159), including the price correction to 100 GP from Errata. The biggest thing troubling me is how to implement the Arcane Spell Failure (ASF) chance associated with this item.

Off the top of my head, the Potion Bracer is the only item of equipment with an associated ASF that isn't a protective item (armor or shield). I've added a Tag similar to what I see on armor to this item (Group Id: ArmorArcFl, Tag Id: 5), but that doesn't appear to be sufficient to include this in the ASF calculation on, for instance, the Wizard class tab.

I tried bootstrapping a newly created 'armor' item, but then, of course, it throws a validation error when I tried to equip both the Potion Bracer and another piece of armor.

Question #1: Is there a known mechanism in the HL API for adding ASF from something other than protective gear?

I looked at the Bandolier to see a canonical PF item with a limited carrying capacity, but I didn't see any mechanism appearing to limit the number of items it carries aside from the description text. I did add a weight limit of 0.3# (the weight of three empty vials from 3.5), but potions in Pathfinder are apparently weightless.

Question #2: Is there a known API mechanism to limit the number of items that a container can hold?

Its logically possible to wear two potion bracers, since it typically takes a matched pair of bracers to fill the 'Wrist' equipment slot.

Question #3: Is there a known way to permit two items to occupy the same equipment slot without throwing an error?

---

As an aside, I'm also updating the the Empty Vessels in my campaign to better fit the theme of PF's 'Psychic' magic. I've copied & overridden the Empty Vessel to remove 'Naturally Psionic' and replace it with a Favored Class option for Psychics. My idea is to grant +1 Phrenic Pool per level (as opposed to Elf & Halfling 1/3, since EVs are purpose-bred psychics), and eventually a similar option for any of the other psychic classes should they come up.

I'd be glad to hear any input the community has on this change, such as perhaps instead using a different bonus like adding rounds to the Abomination Discipline's Dark Half power (as this appears to be the most thematically appropriate Discipline for a future Quori host).

TobyFox2002 March 19th, 2017 11:15 PM

Question 1:
Yes, the code can be found on the adjustment for "Iron Body"

Code:

~ Post-Level/4000
~ Failure
herofield[tArcHeavy].value = maximum(herofield[tArcHeavy].value,35)
~ ACP
herofield[tArmorCArm].value -= 6

Question 2:
No, not that I am aware of, I dont even think there is a way to restrict what can go into the bracers.

Question 3:
Yes, the code is:
Code:

~ Adding the script to the item at Post-Attr/10000
perform hero.assign[ExtraSlot.EqpWrist]

But it might be worth adjust this script to make sure you can only equip another identical item. Otherwise you'll have some knucklehead adding a bracer of protection. Also, you'll need to add a script to prevent the second bracer from applying that extra slot. Each time you'll end up with yet another extra bracer slot.
------
As for your side question, I dont know anything about that, so I wouldn't be able to comment.

Dami March 20th, 2017 02:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh (Post 246461)
You sure this is the correct feat as it shows sourced marked to PoW Expanded. :(

On reading this I've realised there was a Community Pack update which I haven't downloaded yet. My file didn't have a source, and I'll bet it was fixed in the new update. Thanks Shadow!

ShadowChemosh March 20th, 2017 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TobyFox2002 (Post 246493)
Question 3:
Yes, the code is:
Code:

~ Adding the script to the item at Post-Attr/10000
perform hero.assign[ExtraSlot.EqpWrist]

I advise not doing this at all. Potion Bracers are NOT magic items and do not take up magic equipment slots. So no reason to give "extra" slots for something that takes up zero slots.

The most likely issue here is that you have marked the Potion Bracer as taking up a slot when you should have left it blank. :)

ShadowChemosh March 20th, 2017 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skarn (Post 246492)
Firstly, if this isn't the correct place for my questions, please forgive me. I don't visit the forums often enough to have a good feel for where this belongs.

As you are making custom things in the Editor its own thread would be appreciated. :)

Quote:

Question #2: Is there a known API mechanism to limit the number of items that a container can hold?

Can't limit by number of items but weight can be done I think. What I would do is a warning message instead if you have more than three items in the potion bracer. That way the gamer knows there is a limit and they are allowed to easily surpass that if there group/GM allows. I prefer stuff never "hard" stops a gamers because it prevents a person from easily doing houserules.

Quote:

As an aside, I'm also updating the the Empty Vessels in my campaign to better fit the theme of PF's 'Psychic' magic. I've copied & overridden the Empty Vessel to remove 'Naturally Psionic' and replace it with a Favored Class option for Psychics. My idea is to grant +1 Phrenic Pool per level (as opposed to Elf & Halfling 1/3, since EVs are purpose-bred psychics), and eventually a similar option for any of the other psychic classes should they come up.

Sounds pretty cool. I honestly have not looked at the Occult stuff in Pathfinder allot. Can't really give any thoughts on this. To be honest only really matters how the people in your group feel about. :)