Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Realm Works Discussion (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Mechanics Syncing (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=61762)

Deo December 6th, 2018 10:52 AM

Mechanics Syncing

I like a option for Mechanics Syncing

for exempel i tag/select Background / Class and Race and all 3 i selected will be in Sync whit the other realms i have of D&D 5th (where the sync is active)

if I add Acolyte whit a dndbeyond link in realm A and logout click Sync.
Then sellect realm B hit sync.

I like to see the Acolyte whit the dndbeyond link in Real B and all whats in thet container of the Background.

sorry for the bad english hope you know what i meen.:D

daplunk December 6th, 2018 01:04 PM

A global mechanics realm would be incredible.

Dark Lord Galen December 6th, 2018 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daplunk (Post 273668)
A global mechanics realm would be incredible.

I agree, I often defer updating since there is not such an approach as this. There are many many times I spend updating the mechanics side that would be easier to sync without having to the entirety of the RW database.

kbs666 December 6th, 2018 05:47 PM

What would be even better would be if every realm could derive from a base mechanics realm and a base story realm. This would allow GM's to not only only do their data entry once but to also still allow a GM to have campaigns that are slightly customized.

Vargr December 6th, 2018 08:25 PM

I still wish for a build-in automatic parent-child realm synch mechanism that happens completely automatically once set up - including the mechanics.

I know we have the CSV Import Tool (and thank the gods for that!), but still...

Parody December 6th, 2018 09:57 PM

They gave that up in favor of the current import/export mechanism. Be careful what you wish for, I guess. :/

Merion December 7th, 2018 03:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kbs666 (Post 273687)
What would be even better would be if every realm could derive from a base mechanics realm and a base story realm. This would allow GM's to not only only do their data entry once but to also still allow a GM to have campaigns that are slightly customized.

Great Idea, that way it would be easiert to build system-neutral realms and connect them with the ruleset you're playing in.

My personal realm went from D6D 3.5 to Pathfinder, which luckily didn't many changes, but I someday we might want to switch to 5E oder PF2 and who knows what system we'll be playing in 10 years.

Vargr December 8th, 2018 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Parody (Post 273690)
They gave that up in favor of the current import/export mechanism. Be careful what you wish for, I guess. :/

I suppose you are right.

I have never tried using the present import/export system.

It seems too cumbersome and doesn't really seem to be doing what I need. And handling data, exporting and importing should be what a computer does best - not something I feel I should spend my time on.

Deo December 9th, 2018 12:56 AM

So i am not the only one i see :) lets hope Rob is going to do somting whit it then :D

AEIOU December 9th, 2018 04:46 PM

There have been a lot of really amazing ideas floated over the last few years. I'm hoping a universal mechanics realm could be doable, but I wouldn't recommend holding your breath.