Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HLO - Pathfinder 2nd Edition (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Custom Ancestries (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=64899)

Najarati October 11th, 2020 11:59 PM

Custom Ancestries
 
Hey everyone,

When creating custom ancestries, how does one add things like custom heritages, available languages, and innate abilities like Dark Vision? All I seem to be able to add are boosts, flaws, and ancestry feats. Also, is it possible to add more than one trait; for example, could I add "humanoid" and "serpentfolk"?

Thanks.

Daniel V October 15th, 2020 08:27 AM

Hmm, for the moment, go to Permanent Added Abilities and you can add abilities there. Same thing with Permanent Adjustments to add traits. I've flagged this for us to look into further when we get a chance.

Najarati October 15th, 2020 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daniel V (Post 291370)
Hmm, for the moment, go to Permanent Added Abilities and you can add abilities there. Same thing with Permanent Adjustments to add traits. I've flagged this for us to look into further when we get a chance.

Thanks, Daniel.

What you've suggested is essentially what I ended up doing, though it's a bit clunky. I've created a custom feat as a placeholder for my ancestry heritage (and granted the character a free general feat to select it). Is there a way to add subtext (in addition to description text) to custom feats so you can set what displays beneath the feat's title in the "Special Abilities" section of the Character sheet? As of now, only the title is shown, which means I have to click on the feat to see what it does.

Also, is there a way to set starting languages? I see ways to allow what languages are valid choices for the character, but not how to give a character a specific language (to simulate the fact the custom ancestry automatically knows x or y language right from the start)?

Thanks.

Daniel V October 16th, 2020 06:11 AM

Yeah I hear you there. Definitely something we want to take a look at. As for summary text (the text that displays under the name), I don't think there is currently, but that's another thing I'll bring up. Might be something we can do.

There's an adjustment for Language Slots, to add (or subtract) the number you have available. Just use that to bump up by 1, and add it normally. Languages are one of the things I've noted for us to discuss for custom ancestries.

Najarati October 16th, 2020 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daniel V (Post 291416)
Yeah I hear you there. Definitely something we want to take a look at. As for summary text (the text that displays under the name), I don't think there is currently, but that's another thing I'll bring up. Might be something we can do.

There's an adjustment for Language Slots, to add (or subtract) the number you have available. Just use that to bump up by 1, and add it normally. Languages are one of the things I've noted for us to discuss for custom ancestries.

Yep, I went ahead and added two free language slots to act as placeholders for the starting languages. I look forward to seeing what additions and features you all come up with for custom ancestries.

Also, the ability to create custom feats with mechanics you can activate/deactivate (such as bonuses or penalties to skills, checks, and saves) or custom feats that grant additional custom actions/reactions would be fantastic as well.

Thanks, Daniel!

Hollis October 19th, 2020 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Najarati (Post 291423)
Yep, I went ahead and added two free language slots to act as placeholders for the starting languages. I look forward to seeing what additions and features you all come up with for custom ancestries.

Also, the ability to create custom feats with mechanics you can activate/deactivate (such as bonuses or penalties to skills, checks, and saves) or custom feats that grant additional custom actions/reactions would be fantastic as well.

Thanks, Daniel!

You should already be able to handle most of this using adjustments in the adventuring or permanent adjustment sections. That said, a more robust system for custom feats is something we can look into.

Najarati October 19th, 2020 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hollis (Post 291472)
You should already be able to handle most of this using adjustments in the adventuring or permanent adjustment sections. That said, a more robust system for custom feats is something we can look into.

Hey, Hollis! Yes, I was able to accomplish most of what I needed through permanent adjustments and added abilities, but it feels kludgy. Organizationally, I'd want everything describing a custom ancestry handled in the custom ancestry section rather than spread out across the custom ancestry, permanent adjustments, permanent added abilities, and feats sections.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:51 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® - Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
wolflair.com copyright 1998-2016 Lone Wolf Development, Inc. View our Privacy Policy here.