Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Realm Works Discussion (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Questions about Game Sessions (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=59347)

BlMage October 17th, 2017 09:21 PM

Questions about Game Sessions

I know that I can show reveal history by game session, but is there a way for me to go back and see the titles I've given the sessions as well as the notes I've entered in the notes field? I've got some notes from the last session I put there and I'm unable to find them.

daplunk October 17th, 2017 09:27 PM

This is a feature I simply don't use sorry. Will play around tonight though and learn more about it.

Parody October 17th, 2017 10:00 PM

It's under Manage/Realm, Game Sessions.

BlMage November 28th, 2017 03:01 PM

Thank you so much! That is a feature that I think I'll get a lot of use out of.

Farling November 28th, 2017 03:20 PM

When I was GMing, I was constantly adding notes to the Game Session box. It's so accessible to add more info about what's happened.

Merion November 30th, 2017 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farling (Post 259480)
When I was GMing, I was constantly adding notes to the Game Session box. It's so accessible to add more info about what's happened.

I just wish I could de-dock it and switch to it via alt+tab, but there's already a feature request for this.

Farling November 30th, 2017 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Merion (Post 259593)
I just wish I could de-dock it and switch to it via alt+tab, but there's already a feature request for this.

Did you know that during a game session you can click on the "Game Session In Progress" button, update your notes, press "Save Changes", close the window and continue your session?

It took me a while to realise that the button wasn't only for ending the current game session.

Vargr December 1st, 2017 12:43 AM

@Farling:

I for one certainly didn't know that.

Will have to look into that later on.

Merion December 4th, 2017 03:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farling (Post 259596)
Did you know that during a game session you can click on the "Game Session In Progress" button, update your notes, press "Save Changes", close the window and continue your session?

It took me a while to realise that the button wasn't only for ending the current game session.

I did know, but it's still not the smoothest workflow. Especially as it puts a glass pane over the rest of RW, so I can't access my data while taking notes. And I get interrupted during notetaking quite regularly by questions from the players.

kbs666 December 4th, 2017 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Merion (Post 259795)
I did know, but it's still not the smoothest workflow. Especially as it puts a glass pane over the rest of RW, so I can't access my data while taking notes. And I get interrupted during notetaking quite regularly by questions from the players.

This. It is really an awkward way to do things, for me at least.