Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Savage Worlds (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Savage Worlds Adventure Edition (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=61408)

CapedCrusader October 14th, 2018 05:05 PM

Savage Worlds Adventure Edition

OK, folks!

At long last, the covers are going to get kicked off of the new edition of Savage Worlds:

Savage Worlds Adventure Edition!

The Kickstarter goes live on October 16th. Be sure to hop on board and support your favorite role-playing game as it embarks on a new edition!

Now, for you Hero Lab fans, word has it that yours truly will get his hands on a copy soon, do I can get to work on keeping Hero Lab up-to-date.

Stay Tuned for Updates!

zarlor October 14th, 2018 05:14 PM

I await with bated breath!

zarlor October 16th, 2018 09:43 AM

Kickstarter is up for anyone that may have missed it or forgotten: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...enture-edition

For an idea on timeline the KS ends on November 15th and the PDF version of the new book should be available to all KS backers usually about a month later, so likely mid-December. There is often a round of backers that will essentially do a crowd-sourced editing run and give Pinnacle lots of great feedback which they'll work on and update the PDF for everyone. Usually that may be another month, after which they'll also push that as a finalized version that will become the printed book and so probably another couple of months, possibly longer depending on the size of the print run and a bunch of other things, after that they'll ship out your stuff. In the meantime if there are any errata or anything else that gets found they will update the PDF further, if needed, so the PDF copy is always the "latest, greatest" version. There usually isn't much that doesn't get caught in that first crowd-sourced go around, though, from what I've seen.

Paragon October 16th, 2018 01:35 PM

And they not only already made their funds, unless I can't read, they already blew past all their stretch goals.

zarlor October 16th, 2018 01:38 PM

All the ones they've put up so far, anyway. The started with just two at launch earlier today but they added the others you see there today, and they've added still more. They may well add more still if the listed goals continue to be surpassed.

MattVG October 22nd, 2018 12:50 PM

I don't suppose there will be an upgrade path of some sort to Savage Worlds Adventure for those of us who bought the current version and companion books in Hero Lab? I hear they're releasing conversion guides, but obviously that doesn't help us in Hero Lab.

zarlor October 22nd, 2018 03:02 PM

I'm pretty sure there will nothing to more to buy. It should just be an upgrade to the ruleset not a wholesale replacement or anything. Nothing like changing versions in D&D.

MattVG October 22nd, 2018 06:17 PM

That would be really nice. I was imagining a major jump like a D&D edition change.

zarlor October 22nd, 2018 06:41 PM

No, if you look at the Kickstarter you'll see the changes they expect. I think the biggest change from a Hero Lab standpoint will probably be Athletics and whatever skills it replaces. The removal of Charisma also have a few tendrils to pull out, I think, but largely that seems to be it. There will probably be a lot of text updates maybe some new Powers, Edges, and/or Hindrances but most likely the rest of the changes will be for for changing the text of existing things to be clearer based on the questions they've gotten over the years and such.

In any case Pinnacle has clearly stated that, like all of their other editions, these will still be very much "backwards compatible", and everything we've seen so far would not, I don't think, require any kind of major overhaul to what HL already has running for the Savage Worlds ruleset. Definitely nothing like how D&D has done over the years.

CapedCrusader October 27th, 2018 10:49 AM

Oh, no, as far as I know there will be no upcharge. Edition upgrades like this are included.