Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Warhammer Fantasy 8th Ed. (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   [Bug Reports] Orc & Goblins (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=12744)

Dr_Worm_MD September 28th, 2012 07:44 AM

"Ignore Greenskin Panic" is nolonger a special rule for Giants

EdwardQ October 17th, 2012 07:01 PM

Size Matter - Black Orcs. This is not a rule for Black Orcs. Besides BO are IP.

UltraPrime October 23rd, 2012 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rogueSRA (Post 90302)
Hi

The Squig Hoppers are not subject to Animosity as indicated in AB.
The Squig Herd are subject to Animosity. That is not included in AB.

Also, if you choose an Arachnarok Spider as a Shaman Mount, the options for Wolf or Chariot still remain open..

Fixed for next release.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rogueSRA (Post 90302)
When choosing the Extra Hand Weapon option for Savage Orcs, the number of attacks changes from 1/2 to 1/3. Shouldn't the correct text be 2/3, as they can not loose the extra attack for the extra weapon? The same is true for normal Orcs.

Yes, it should. But if you can get AB to behave, you are a better man than me!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr_Worm_MD (Post 94651)
"Ignore Greenskin Panic" is nolonger a special rule for Giants

Fixed for next release.

Quote:

Originally Posted by EdwardQ (Post 96131)
Size Matter - Black Orcs. This is not a rule for Black Orcs. Besides BO are IP.

Fixed for next release.

EdwardQ November 7th, 2012 03:42 AM

When recreating a NIght Goblin Squig Herd unit, it defaults at 7 squigs and 3 herders for 10 total. (correct) but you can not change the squigs to 6 and herders to 4. Which is still the Min of 10 for unit size and 1 NG for ever three Squigs.

Eokai November 28th, 2012 06:18 PM

I have noticed that AB is allowing me to take 4 mangler squigs with less then 3000pt army. I can't find anything in the rules that allows this, as it is a rare choice max should be 2, unless over 3000pts

Thanks

Eokai November 28th, 2012 10:27 PM

Also when upgrading orcs using Gorbads big uns, it is adding +1 ws and +1 strength to the unit champion.

EdSteiner January 7th, 2013 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eokai (Post 111279)
I have noticed that AB is allowing me to take 4 mangler squigs with less then 3000pt army. I can't find anything in the rules that allows this, as it is a rare choice max should be 2, unless over 3000pts

Thanks

Fixed for 2.51

EdSteiner January 7th, 2013 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eokai (Post 111312)
Also when upgrading orcs using Gorbads big uns, it is adding +1 ws and +1 strength to the unit champion.

Fixed for 2.51

ghstgry January 13th, 2013 07:17 AM

Orc Boar Chariot

Doesn't have scythed wheels in new rulebook. :(

Disregard...I didn't see the unit list in the back. Sorry 'bout that...

Knuuut January 14th, 2013 03:46 AM

Just a small one. Minimum unit size of black orcs is 10+ and not the current 5+.

EdSteiner January 14th, 2013 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghstgry (Post 120969)
Doesn't have scythed wheels in new rulebook. :(

What units does not have it? Need details, details man :)

EdSteiner January 14th, 2013 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knuuut (Post 121209)
Just a small one. Minimum unit size of black orcs is 10+ and not the current 5+.

Fixed for 2.52

EdSteiner January 14th, 2013 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EdSteiner (Post 121374)
What units does not have it? Need details, details man :)

Ok suspect that you might be talking about Grom the Paunch, and on his entry it list including Grom Chariot pulled by three wolfs including niblet. If you look at O&G pg 107 for the entry on wolf chariots you will see that Scythed Wheels are default. It would be taken that the only difference with Grom's is that it has three wolfs and also Niblit, but would default to Scythed Wheels as per normal.

But if we are not talking about Grom, then details, details, details :)

EdwardQ February 12th, 2013 11:11 AM

When "Forbid Special Characters" is selected. Skarsnik and Grom the Paunch is still show.

EdSteiner February 12th, 2013 12:53 PM

Fixed for 2.53

naloth March 16th, 2013 06:33 AM

Goblin Chariot Units

When you take multiple goblin chariots, it does not increase the quantity of crew or steeds unlike when you take a unit of TK chariots. This may be a design choice, but it seems inconsistent with the way that you handled other chariot units.

naloth March 16th, 2013 06:48 AM

Orc Bully

When you add an Orc Bully to a war machine crew, it does not look like it is adding an extra wound to the machine profile.

EdSteiner March 16th, 2013 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by naloth (Post 150291)
When you add an Orc Bully to a war machine crew, it does not look like it is adding an extra wound to the machine profile.

Fixed for 2.55, I will have to also use the same code on all other races WM as they still use the older coded method of the crews wounds as well vs 8th now as just counters

EdSteiner March 16th, 2013 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by naloth (Post 150288)
When you take multiple goblin chariots, it does not increase the quantity of crew or steeds unlike when you take a unit of TK chariots. This may be a design choice, but it seems inconsistent with the way that you handled other chariot units.

Yes, I agree it is, however this is due to some code logic that will now bug me like the Banner of Swiftness that was not modifying the Mv of mounts or Chariots, which we have now fixed for the next release.

To make a short answer it has to do with the values of the 2 chariots upgrade for 5 pts each, if you select the crew you can add an extra crew for 5 pts, same with the wolves, now to do this you must selected the crew or wolves line in your roster much like how you select a char or unit to give them options, it is just in the case you can increase the '+' add one for 5 pts.

I will also drop this to some other code experts to see if we can make a better method.

UltraPrime March 16th, 2013 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EdSteiner (Post 150352)
Fixed for 2.55, I will have to also use the same code on all other races WM as they still use the older coded method of the crews wounds as well vs 8th now as just counters

When I created the file, this wasn't exactly an oversight, I just let number of models show wounds. But I can see your point.

Quote:

Originally Posted by EdSteiner (Post 150358)
Yes, I agree it is, however this is due to some code logic that will now bug me like the Banner of Swiftness that was not modifying the Mv of mounts or Chariots, which we have now fixed for the next release.

To make a short answer it has to do with the values of the 2 chariots upgrade for 5 pts each, if you select the crew you can add an extra crew for 5 pts, same with the wolves, now to do this you must selected the crew or wolves line in your roster much like how you select a char or unit to give them options, it is just in the case you can increase the '+' add one for 5 pts.

I will also drop this to some other code experts to see if we can make a better method.

I'll look into this. This was an oversight.

EdSteiner March 17th, 2013 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by naloth (Post 150288)

Fixed by UltraPrime for 2.55

Jeff November 11th, 2013 11:22 AM

forge world models

Unless I am doing something wrong, I do not see the option for adding in forge world models for orcs and goblins (see the settings in roster rules, but do not see the units in AB for actually adding them to the roster).
Specific units of interest:
Night Goblin Squig Gobba
Colossal Squig
Would love to see these added in. Planning on ordering a squig gobba for sure to add to my army list, and thinking of the colossal squig as well (either to run with its rules, or use as a Giant).
Thanks.

EdSteiner November 11th, 2013 11:24 AM

See note about ForgeWorld entries, it is something that I am looking at doing as my "Over the holiday's project" :)

EdwardQ December 2nd, 2013 04:01 AM

Entry for Magic Banner "The Bad Moon Banner" has incorrect description.

Its says Unit is Stubborn, Unit counts as being in soft cover, and enemy attacking must make Dangerous Terrain Test.

It should be Night Goblins models in unit are Stubborn. Unit counts as being in soft cover and Any enemy model that charges into base contact with bearer/unit must take a Dangerous Terrain Test.

EdSteiner December 2nd, 2013 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EdwardQ (Post 171151)
Entry for Magic Banner "The Bad Moon Banner" has incorrect description.

Its says Unit is Stubborn, Unit counts as being in soft cover, and enemy attacking must make Dangerous Terrain Test.

It should be Night Goblins models in unit are Stubborn. Unit counts as being in soft cover and Any enemy model that charges into base contact with bearer/unit must take a Dangerous Terrain Test.

Corrected for 2.68

Dr_Worm_MD January 29th, 2014 11:21 AM

Giant Wolf Mounts

Giant Wolf Mount for characters should have the "fast cavalry" rule and not the "swiftstride" rule.

EdSteiner January 29th, 2014 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr_Worm_MD (Post 174837)
Giant Wolf Mount for characters should have the "fast cavalry" rule and not the "swiftstride" rule.

Well they get the Swiftstride rule since they are Warbeasts, however you are correct and FastCav/Vanguard have been added, since FastCav get Vanguard also by default ;)

Fixed for 2.71

Yum Yum Yum, I like bugs :)

nma tsua chogi February 3rd, 2014 11:25 PM

Minor typo, Forest Goblin Spider Riders' Giant Spiders have "Posioned Attacks".

EdSteiner February 4th, 2014 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nma tsua chogi (Post 175175)
Minor typo, Forest Goblin Spider Riders' Giant Spiders have "Posioned Attacks".

Fixed for 2.72

Yum Yum Yum more easy ones :)

nma tsua chogi February 19th, 2014 04:50 AM

Currently the unit info for Fanatics shows like this:

Immune to Psychology
Cannot be charged. Release the Fanatics: When unit concealing are within 8" of enemy release fanatics 2D6" in any direction. Further Movement: 2D6 in random direction. Splat: When moving through a unit, inflict D6 S5 armour piercing hits. Remove fanatic when: contacting any terrain, roll double for movement (except on release), unit ends move over (unit takes D6 S5 AP hits)

At the end shouldn't it be 2D6 S5 AP hits when a unit moves into contact with a Fanatic, in the Army Book under Fanatics - Force of Destruction: "Any unit that moves into contact with a Fanatic takes D6 Strength 5 hits for moving into the Fanatic and a further D6 Strength 5 hits due to the Fanatics death throes (all hits are Armour Piercing)."

Also maybe "unit moves into contact with a Fanatic" is more accurate than "unit ends move over", since the Army Book also says right after the previous quote: "The Fanatic model is then removed, and the unit may carry on with its move."

And lastly, a Fanatic is also removed when: "It contacts another Fanatic (both Fanatics are removed)."

Thanks a lot for your hard work with these data files, they're extremely useful.

EdSteiner February 19th, 2014 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nma tsua chogi (Post 175990)
Currently the unit info for Fanatics shows like this:

Immune to Psychology
Cannot be charged. Release the Fanatics: When unit concealing are within 8" of enemy release fanatics 2D6" in any direction. Further Movement: 2D6 in random direction. Splat: When moving through a unit, inflict D6 S5 armour piercing hits. Remove fanatic when: contacting any terrain, roll double for movement (except on release), unit ends move over (unit takes D6 S5 AP hits)

At the end shouldn't it be 2D6 S5 AP hits when a unit moves into contact with a Fanatic, in the Army Book under Fanatics - Force of Destruction: "Any unit that moves into contact with a Fanatic takes D6 Strength 5 hits for moving into the Fanatic and a further D6 Strength 5 hits due to the Fanatics death throes (all hits are Armour Piercing)."

Also maybe "unit moves into contact with a Fanatic" is more accurate than "unit ends move over", since the Army Book also says right after the previous quote: "The Fanatic model is then removed, and the unit may carry on with its move."

And lastly, a Fanatic is also removed when: "It contacts another Fanatic (both Fanatics are removed)."

Thanks a lot for your hard work with these data files, they're extremely useful.

Yum Yum Yum seems easy enough.

rogueSRA March 14th, 2014 05:20 AM

Seems like Snagla Grobspit's Deff Creepers doesn't get all their special rules. I can see them in the .dat-file, but they are not shown in the designer, nor in the output.
The missing rules are: Ambushers, Hatred (Empire), Cause Fear in any turn they successfully charge into combat.

EdSteiner March 14th, 2014 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rogueSRA (Post 177677)
Seems like Snagla Grobspit's Deff Creepers doesn't get all their special rules. I can see them in the .dat-file, but they are not shown in the designer, nor in the output.
The missing rules are: Ambushers, Hatred (Empire), Cause Fear in any turn they successfully charge into combat.

Yum Yum Yum easy to fix for 2.73

rogueSRA March 26th, 2014 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EdSteiner (Post 177678)
Yum Yum Yum easy to fix for 2.73

Well, no quite so easy :) The Cause Fear rule is still not in the output file.

EdSteiner March 26th, 2014 07:04 AM

When you upgrade the Forest Golbin Spider Rider after taken Snagla they should apprear under special rules. Ahh, I see, I missed "Cause Fear" I added the others, Yum yum Yum :)

I found it was added the Cause Fear note to the Footnotes section for Deff Creepers, so I would say 50/50 I fixed it I just didnt do a good job of it :) Remember that this Cause Fear is a conditional test only when they charge.

naloth July 15th, 2014 08:42 PM

Grom

Grom has light armor and is mounted. Shouldn't his armor save be 5+ instead of 6+?

EdSteiner July 16th, 2014 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by naloth (Post 187706)
Grom has light armor and is mounted. Shouldn't his armor save be 5+ instead of 6+?

Fixed for 2.77

Time of Madness July 25th, 2014 02:11 PM

Goblin big bosses have the option to take BOTH a great weapon and short bow. It should be one or the other.

time of Madness

EdSteiner July 25th, 2014 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Time of Madness (Post 188547)
Goblin big bosses have the option to take BOTH a great weapon and short bow. It should be one or the other.

time of Madness

Fixed to 2.77

bogrot47 August 30th, 2014 09:06 AM

The ability to select War Boar mounts for SO Warlords and Warboss seem to be missing. Help?