Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Mutants & Masterminds (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   (M&M 2e) Adjusting custom feat(pc) and custom extra (power) cost?? (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=11348)

atlarman September 27th, 2010 06:42 AM

Adjusting custom feat(pc) and custom extra (power) cost??

I find myself in a position where it may be best to add an optional feat (extra attack) from the mastermind's manual (page 110)which costs 5 point/rank,however the custom feat option in HL is set to 1 points/rank.... How Do increase to its proper cost without i increasing the feats rank? same question for a custum power extra??

Duggan September 27th, 2010 07:18 AM

My installation of Hero Lab is on my computer back home, but I think there's a setting in the editor for feats that lets you set the points it costs. I know there is for Extras. :) If you haven't figured it out by the time I get home, I'll write it up and post it for you.

atlarman September 27th, 2010 08:21 AM

thanks duggan this forum is the best.....you believe in trying to help without making a person feel like a moron. (which when its comes to some things lately, I feel like one.)

Duggan September 28th, 2010 07:54 PM

*facepalm* And yes, you can set the cost of Custom Extras. No, you can't set the cost of Custom Feats. Mea culpa. Mea maximus culpa

atlarman September 29th, 2010 05:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggan (Post 45109)
*facepalm* And yes, you can set the cost of Custom Extras. No, you can't set the cost of Custom Feats. Mea culpa. Mea maximus culpa

so.... whats a guy to do with optional feats like extra attack from the masterninds manual?? page 110

Duggan September 29th, 2010 06:49 AM

Well, that particular thing is labeled as a power, not a feat, so it could be said to be handled right there. :) It should be very easy for you to copy it over, or I can write it up and post it here. Or I can see if I can rig something to adjust the text based on ranks in the feat. Something like that probably ought to be done for Bullet Time anyhow. *shrug* It's outside of my current understanding of the system, but it might yet be doable.

Duggan September 29th, 2010 06:54 AM

Oh... or you can use the extant Extra Attacks power which is included with the Ultimate Power data pack. :-p Occam's Razor strikes again.

I did find a way to make a feat cost multiple points. If you look at the Minions feat, there's a bit in the Eval scripts where it sets "field[PPCost].value += field[ftBaseRank].value" if the Fanatical option is set. Just put that line in by itself under a feat's evaluation, and multiply the base rank value by the amount of additional points you want to charge. For example, for Bullet time, you could add the line, "field[PPCost].value += field[ftBaseRank].value * 2" and remove the part of the description which references "for every three ranks".

atlarman September 29th, 2010 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggan (Post 45131)
Well, that particular thing is labeled as a power, nack is a power??ot a feat, so it could be said to be handled right there. :) It should be very easy for you to copy it over, or I can write it up and post it here. Or I can see if I can rig something to adjust the text based on ranks in the feat. Something like that probably ought to be done for Bullet Time anyhow. *shrug* It's outside of my current understanding of the system, but it might yet be doable.

:confused::confused:Ok I'm lost- again-you mean IN HERO LAB extra attack?? cause in masterminds manual its under "optional feats"

atlarman September 29th, 2010 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggan (Post 45134)
Oh... or you can use the extant Extra Attacks power which is included with the Ultimate Power data pack. :-p Occam's Razor strikes again.

I did find a way to make a feat cost multiple points. If you look at the Minions feat, there's a bit in the Eval scripts where it sets "field[PPCost].value += field[ftBaseRank].value" if the Fanatical option is set. Just put that line in by itself under a feat's evaluation, and multiply the base rank value by the amount of additional points you want to charge. For example, for Bullet time, you could add the line, "field[PPCost].value += field[ftBaseRank].value * 2" and remove the part of the description which references "for every three ranks".

meh - ill pass there...im not a programmer lol

Duggan September 29th, 2010 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atlarman (Post 45136)
:confused::confused:Ok I'm lost- again-you mean IN HERO LAB extra attack?? cause in masterminds manual its under "optional feats"

:) In both, it's built as a Power. The Optional Feats heading is only referring to the small paragraph stating that some of the optional feats in 4 relate to Attacks of Opportunity. They start a new (same size as Attacks of Opportunity) heading to move from Attacks of Opportunity to Multiple Attacks.

As further evidence, the Multiple Attacks thingie is set up as a Power block.

Anyhow, like you said, you can find it under the Mastermind's Manual Chapter 8 heading in the Character Settings in the Masterminds Manual.

Quote:

Originally Posted by atlarman (Post 45136)
meh - ill pass there...im not a programmer lol

It's really just cut-and-paste in this incident, but since it already exists as a Power, there shouldn't be any issues. ;)