Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Hero Lab Discussion (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Problem with 8.0d and multiple folders for Game System (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=57928)

Silveras March 16th, 2017 06:50 AM

Problem with 8.0d and multiple folders for Game System

Hi,

I've emailed support with the crashlog, but wanted to mention this here.

It appears the latest executable, 8.0d, is breaking with my Game System that has multiple folders (Pathfinder). On accessing any of them directly, HeroLab crashes with a BAD READ error. I am able to access them by loading another Game System (that does not have multiple folders) first, then using "Switch Game System" to change to any of the Pathfnder variants.

Daijin March 16th, 2017 07:33 AM

After updating, I cannot even use Hero Lab :(

Hero Lab has encountered an error and needs to close. Sorry! To help us fix this error, please send the following to support@wolflair.com in a single email:

1) A description of what you were doing (unless you include this, we won't have enough information to fix your problem!)

2) This file:
C:\Users\daiji\Documents\Hero Lab\crashreports\Hero Lab-8.0d-669-20170316-102932.dmp

3) Finally, please copy and paste this information into the email (you can right-click this message to do so):

C:\Program Files (x86)\Hero Lab\HeroLab.exe 8.0d 669

major: 10, minor: 0, build: 14393, platform: 2, version: , spmaj: 0, spmin: 0, suitemask: 00000300, type: 1
ACCESS VIOLATION
Address: 0x0051c1be
Type: bad read

Sent In!

Dwayne March 16th, 2017 12:59 PM

I just sent mine in also. I can not use Pathfinder.

Dwayne March 16th, 2017 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silveras (Post 246230)
Hi,

I've emailed support with the crashlog, but wanted to mention this here.

It appears the latest executable, 8.0d, is breaking with my Game System that has multiple folders (Pathfinder). On accessing any of them directly, HeroLab crashes with a BAD READ error. I am able to access them by loading another Game System (that does not have multiple folders) first, then using "Switch Game System" to change to any of the Pathfnder variants.

Mine is doing exactly the same thing.

Colen March 16th, 2017 01:48 PM

I'm working on this now - I've put Hero Lab 8.0c back up on the updates mechanism until I get a fix for this. :( Sorry for the inconvenience!

Silveras March 16th, 2017 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colen (Post 246276)
I'm working on this now - I've put Hero Lab 8.0c back up on the updates mechanism until I get a fix for this. :( Sorry for the inconvenience!

Splendid! Thanks :)

Colen March 16th, 2017 04:19 PM

I've been unable to reproduce the problem with my own copy of Pathfinder (which has multiple folders) - was the problem happening when you loaded Hero Lab then selected Pathfinder from the "select game" form? Or only when you launched it by double-clicking a Pathfinder portfolio, or loading one from Realm Works?

Daijin March 16th, 2017 05:03 PM

In my case, it was running the file as admin, then when load pathfinder CRASH. (That is what I recall doing....)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colen (Post 246299)
I've been unable to reproduce the problem with my own copy of Pathfinder (which has multiple folders) - was the problem happening when you loaded Hero Lab then selected Pathfinder from the "select game" form? Or only when you launched it by double-clicking a Pathfinder portfolio, or loading one from Realm Works?

Dwayne March 16th, 2017 05:19 PM

Herolab loaded fine but when I tried to load Pathfinder it crashed. Other games were fine. I also could load other games and switch game system and then load Pathfinder that way.

Silveras March 16th, 2017 05:40 PM

I could reproduce it both by running directly and choosing any Pathfinder-based folder, or by launching from Realm Works and selecting Pathfinder.