Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Hero Lab Discussion (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   So now that Pathfinder 2.0 IS a thing, what now? (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=60312)

Fuzzy September 29th, 2018 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toblakai (Post 271021)
Internet going down elsewhere between your ISP and the server is pretty darn rare. Now I will grant you that LWD has had their share of server outages, and this needs to get better.

Shared space ships aren't the only thing. I am looking forward to the tactical console importing characters from the other players and having real time updates for conditions/etc. In addition a shared loot system has also been talked about.

I will say I do have very poor cell reception in Costco's, but I rarely play RPG's there ;)

I think the main point being, that Hero Lab Classic on a laptop has no connectivity issues, because connectivity is not required.

Toblakai September 29th, 2018 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fuzzy (Post 271037)
I think the main point being, that Hero Lab Classic on a laptop has no connectivity issues, because connectivity is not required.

Until you had a windows or hardware update and need to reactivate your license.

It hasn't happened to me, but one of my players was locked out of HLC for a weekend because he needed support help to reset his license. This will go away with HLO.

HLC classic is nice and I use it every weekend, but the interface is very dated, and there are difference interfaces on different platforms. HLO will be nice because it's the same on all platforms.

guildmaster March 14th, 2019 08:54 PM

I am not interested in HLO I hope HL will get support for PF2.

Tekwych March 15th, 2019 12:37 PM

I’m with guildmaster on this. Give me HLC and I’ll be happy. If HLO becomes the only option from LWD then I will have to go elsewhere. Don’t want to do that though. Interface can be upgraded. Well written code need only be recompiled and will work on any platform. An online option is not an option at all for me.

Geodragon March 16th, 2019 08:29 AM

And, HLO does have a print function. I print to PDF, have a nice dry erase board that is for Starfinder, and use that if I don't have internet. And doing it a day before gaming means I'll have the character handy. And for a con weekend, I'll make sure I have pre-printed.

And on the laptop. Nothing like turning on a laptop and discovering it's in a middle of an update.

Farling March 17th, 2019 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geodragon (Post 276749)
And, HLO does have a print function. I print to PDF, have a nice dry erase board that is for Starfinder, and use that if I don't have internet. And doing it a day before gaming means I'll have the character handy. And for a con weekend, I'll make sure I have pre-printed.

But you don't get the live updates when you apply conditions to a character when it is on printed paper.

Geodragon March 17th, 2019 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farling (Post 276773)
But you don't get the live updates when you apply conditions to a character when it is on printed paper.

Paper condom and dry erase marker.

thaX April 17th, 2019 10:18 PM

Is Codemonkey still working on their product?

Asandir April 19th, 2019 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thaX (Post 278200)
Is Codemonkey still working on their product?

Doubtful. I haven't seen anything consistent from the one person still at the company. Rob Reed aka. Mynex.