Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Realm Works Discussion (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Realm Works Version 218 Please Read Before Updating! (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=57180)

AEIOU January 5th, 2017 08:48 PM

We've never had to fix databases until last patch. So I reckon it's a one time gig. If it becomes an ongoing thing then it may be a valid request but I don't think it's really necessary, is it?

EightBitz January 5th, 2017 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AEIOU (Post 240522)
We've never had to fix databases until last patch. So I reckon it's a one time gig. If it becomes an ongoing thing then it may be a valid request but I don't think it's really necessary, is it?

I kinda feel like I had to do it for the last two patches? But maybe I'm wrong. Maybe I'm confused. It's been known to happen.

Either way, if it's not going to be an ongoing thing, then no. It's not necessary.

rob January 5th, 2017 09:30 PM

Database fixups are actually performed about every other release. They are usually done quietly and automatically so nobody knows. There were special circumstances with build 218 that required us to do things the way we did, and it was a one-time thing. We don't envision this becoming a recurring situation.

There will be more fixups with the next release, and they will again be done quietly and automatically when you first launch with the new version.

EightBitz January 5th, 2017 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rob (Post 240524)
Database fixups are actually performed about every other release. They are usually done quietly and automatically so nobody knows. There were special circumstances with build 218 that required us to do things the way we did, and it was a one-time thing. We don't envision this becoming a recurring situation.

There will be more fixups with the next release, and they will again be done quietly and automatically when you first launch with the new version.

Thanks, Rob.

Indus101 April 20th, 2020 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kate (Post 240332)
I never updated to build 218, but tried to update to 219 today.

When I try to do the database fixup on my realm, I get "Error deserializing span list" and Realm Works crashes.

I've sent an error report but I'm curious if anyone else is getting this error - and considering revering to an earlier Realm Works version since this is my main realm and I'll want to use it again shortly after the holidays.

EDIT: Husband has the player version and is getting "C++ Exception: Failed to locate lookup entry at line 1215 in file utility.cpp." I'm pretty sure the cloud version he's trying to access isn't fully updated if that would make a difference.

Interesting. I believe I was last on build 218 and am now trying to open up my realm with 254 (and tried 253 too) and getting this same error as Kate. I know this thread is 4+ years old, but this is the only other person I could find who's mentioned the

"Error deserializing span list"

Kate - don't suppose you are still around? And if so, did you figure out a fix?

Thanks

Acenoid April 25th, 2020 03:11 PM

Worst case try sending a bug report to LWD and hope they will fix it. RW is still being sold, so hopefully they are supporting such issues. But... why didn't you update earlier?