Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - d20 System (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   New Spell not loaded (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=62262)

benuker March 16th, 2019 06:13 AM

New Spell not loaded

Hello guys.
I created a new spell for the bard using the duplicate of an exesting spell (rope trick), but it does not show in the spell bard list.
I checked the “bard” tag on the spell class and inserted the sourcebook as Platers Handbook 2, which I have configured in my portfolio, but the spell does not show up...any ideas?

Thank you so much for any help,
Leo

Kendall-DM March 16th, 2019 10:12 AM

Are you sure the level is correct? That has tripped me up a few times. You think you're looking at the right spell level in the list and it's different in the editor.

Also, check that you have Player's Handbook 2 source material checked in your Hero Configuration, or it won't show up. Or you can just uncheck the sourcebook from the spell.

benuker March 16th, 2019 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kendall-DM (Post 276753)
Are you sure the level is correct? That has tripped me up a few times. You think you're looking at the right spell level in the list and it's different in the editor.

Also, check that you have Player's Handbook 2 source material checked in your Hero Configuration, or it won't show up. Or you can just uncheck the sourcebook from the spell.

Hello, I tried everything you suggested above with no luck....any other ideas...?

Dami March 16th, 2019 09:12 PM

Post a copy of your user file here and we can check the spell. Hopefully someone can see what has gone wrong.

benuker March 17th, 2019 04:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dami (Post 276761)
Post a copy of your user file here and we can check the spell. Hopefully someone can see what has gone wrong.

Thank you Dami, I just solved it right now!
Instead of using and existing bard spell and modifying it, I did it from zero and everything went perfect.
Leo

Illyahr March 17th, 2019 05:07 AM

You may have copied an obsolete spell. They only show in old characters who already had them selected. New versions of most spells were created so that a new copy doesn't have to be made for each class that uses it

benuker March 18th, 2019 03:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Illyahr (Post 276769)
You may have copied an obsolete spell. They only show in old characters who already had them selected. New versions of most spells were created so that a new copy doesn't have to be made for each class that uses it

Oh, I see.
So, how can I do to understand if a spell is obsolete or not?
Is there any flag in the spell description or name or somewhere else?

Thank you,
Leo

Sendric March 18th, 2019 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benuker (Post 276794)
Oh, I see.
So, how can I do to understand if a spell is obsolete or not?
Is there any flag in the spell description or name or somewhere else?

Thank you,
Leo

Obsolete spells have the Helper.Obsolete tag. The more current spells will have a thingid that starts with 'sp'.

Kendall-DM March 22nd, 2019 06:36 AM

The easiest way to tell.
1. All new spells start with sp instead of just s.
2. All new spells do not indicate class, only the spell name (or some amalgamation of such).
3. All new spells have their level appended to the end of the name, not some large numeric value.

Example:
This is NOT a new spell (obsolete): sWiz20000
This IS a new spell (not obsolete): spAcidArr2

Hope that helps a bit, without having to look at the tags.