Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Realm Works in Action (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=91)
-   -   List of Free Realm Works Content (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=57970)

daplunk March 21st, 2017 04:29 PM

List of Free Realm Works Content

One of the best ways to see Realm Works in action is to actually see content within the tool. Here's a list of known free content for you to load into a realm and play around with! If you have never imported content before check THIS video to see how it's done.

LIST OF FREE CONTENT / TOOLS / TUTORIALS

Officially Released Content (PF and 5E)
D&D 5e Content

BJ March 21st, 2017 04:32 PM

What a neat idea! Thanks for keeping track of things!

Nikmal March 21st, 2017 04:34 PM

Very cool! Thanks! :)

ErinRigh March 21st, 2017 04:45 PM

+1 on BJ's statement

MNBlockHead March 21st, 2017 07:22 PM

Very cool! Thank you Daplunk!

drakahn99 March 22nd, 2017 06:31 AM

srd

has any one done or working on a pathfinder or d&d 3.5 SRD import?

daplunk April 16th, 2017 03:10 PM

New Content Available: World of Warcraft - Raging Chasm

https://scontent.fadl1-1.fna.fbcdn.n...b8&oe=598C85CD

Asandir April 17th, 2017 08:53 AM

Thanks for posting this up daplunk!

ErinRigh April 19th, 2017 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drakahn99 (Post 246616)
has any one done or working on a pathfinder or d&d 3.5 SRD import?

Top Dogs at LW have put a kabosh on sharing PF SRD stuff pending the CM and agreements with Paizo

Farling April 19th, 2017 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ErinRigh (Post 248358)
Top Dogs at LW have put a kabosh on sharing PF SRD stuff pending the CM and agreements with Paizo

No they haven't :)

Finding the data in a suitable form for importing only the SRD stuff is quite difficult though.

Thomssen April 20th, 2017 05:20 PM

Wasn't there a word .docx floating around out there at one time?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farling (Post 248376)
No they haven't :)

Finding the data in a suitable form for importing only the SRD stuff is quite difficult though.

kbs666 April 21st, 2017 01:48 AM

If there is I can't find it. Not that a word doc is a suitable form for import.

What we need is some kind of spreadsheet or XML file of things like the SRD spells, feats, monsters and the like.

Farling April 21st, 2017 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kbs666 (Post 248454)
If there is I can't find it. Not that a word doc is a suitable form for import.

Certain word document formats are XML, so could be used as a starting point :)

the_redbeard May 8th, 2017 12:33 AM

Here's a small one to add to drop in to your campaigns. Herbs from the World of Farland.

Much of the rest of the World of Farland is online.

daplunk May 8th, 2017 01:57 AM

Updated :D

ErinRigh May 10th, 2017 10:59 AM

I recommend the Herbs of Farland it is reasonably system neutral and will fit easily into any fantasy campaigns

daplunk June 30th, 2017 06:53 PM

Hi Team,

For anyone running Curse of Strahd this might be handy. It's a guide for the module published by Elven Tower Cartography. Derek Ruiz has given his permission to share it.

Might be useful for someone.
[*]Curse of Strahd Guide by Elven Tower (Derek Ruiz)

AdventureBeard July 1st, 2017 12:35 PM

Just testing out the import functionality and I've found that the Herbs of Farlands pack works great, but everything else I have tried produces a fatal import error that flunks the import and crashes RW. Specifically, the UA and EN5ider content. Any thoughts?

daplunk July 10th, 2017 02:05 AM

So we have a bit of a surge in shared content over on the FB group and have updated our organisation efforts. There's now a list that anyone can add to. If you create content please feel free to add it to this list.

We have listed the tools and popular YouTube videos also.

Asandir July 11th, 2017 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daplunk (Post 252515)
So we have a bit of a surge in shared content over on the FB group and have updated our organisation efforts. There's now a list that anyone can add to. If you create content please feel free to add it to this list.

We have listed the tools and popular YouTube videos also.

Anyone else having trouble getting to the link for the 5E weapons and gear? Keeps taking me to Facebook.

daplunk July 11th, 2017 09:23 AM

Takes me straight to the Google Sheet.

Parody July 11th, 2017 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Asandir (Post 252577)
Anyone else having trouble getting to the link for the 5E weapons and gear? Keeps taking me to Facebook.

You mean the ones whose domain is fbsbx?

It appears that they attempted to share a non-public link from Facebook, or perhaps you have to be a member of the group. I can't follow those links even while logged in.

If the D&D 5E items "Magic Items and Poisons", "Weapons, armor, gear", and "Shops and Gear" are linked to a file that isn't on Facebook, you should fix the link to be at their actual location. If they are stored on Facebook, I recommend their authors make them available somewhere else.

daplunk July 11th, 2017 01:03 PM

Ah yes some people have shared files directly to the Facebook group via the file share feature.

Asandir July 12th, 2017 05:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daplunk (Post 252590)
Ah yes some people have shared files directly to the Facebook group via the file share feature.

Ahh. Got it. That explains it and I found the file share on FB there. Now to download them to a computer that has Realm Works on it.

Bidmaron July 17th, 2017 05:15 PM

Why can't that stuff be here? I hate the proliferation of places to find content when it should be right here. Am I the only one on the planet who refuses to do social media (well, other than linked-in)?

daplunk July 17th, 2017 05:48 PM

It's up to the individuals on how they host their content. I can't force them one way or the other and from the discussions we have had some of them are using Facebook to encourage others to join the group and grow the community.

Not saying I agree but these are the facts.

Silveras July 18th, 2017 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bidmaron (Post 252830)
Why can't that stuff be here? I hate the proliferation of places to find content when it should be right here. Am I the only one on the planet who refuses to do social media (well, other than linked-in)?

No, I don't trust or use social media at all, either.

Why can't it be here? Well, on some levels, there might be liability for LWD if they don't police the posts to remove items that infringe on Intellectual Property, for one possible reason (not that I believe there are any at this time, but eventually someone will do so out, possibly out of ignorance of the laws, etc.)

Maidhc O Casain July 18th, 2017 12:03 PM

No social media for me either.

kbs666 July 18th, 2017 12:46 PM

I use FB for work and have a personal account for family and friends. Otherwise I use social networking as little as possible.

Parody July 18th, 2017 01:25 PM

The problem, such as it is, is that the folks you want to convince are the ones that don't come here regularly. If you want them to hear you, you should go on the Facebook Group and (politely and respectfully) ask them to put their things elsewhere.

Alternatively, do the same work yourself, share it somewhere other than Facebook, and accept the issues around duplication of effort.

Bidmaron July 18th, 2017 06:20 PM

Well, the content problems are supposed to be what the grey council is for.

Bidmaron July 18th, 2017 06:21 PM

the pro fantasy site has a lot of content, and they are at least as concerned about copyright issues.

ErinRigh July 22nd, 2017 12:39 AM

Well the Grey Council is not Realm Works police. If people do not send us content, it can't be screened.

daplunk July 22nd, 2017 12:55 AM

The Grey Council was setup for submitting content to the Content Market. This has nothing to do with the content market as well there is no content market.

As I said above. It's up to individuals doing the sharing to share content how they please right now. I'm here to help consolidate the list of stuff that is being shared.

Facebook is a significant communication tool this era so it's understandable that people are sharing there just like its understandable that some people want nothing to do with the platform.

From my perspective, the list is there so you know where to find the content. It's up the individual if they want to download it regardless of what platform is being used to host it.

Bidmaron July 22nd, 2017 06:10 PM

I don't think I can get it without a Facebook account?

daplunk July 22nd, 2017 09:24 PM

Correct, to get the Facebook files you will need a Facebook account and approved access to the Facebook Group.