Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Hero Lab Discussion (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Herolab iPad Update (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=50079)

templeton July 22nd, 2014 10:19 AM

Herolab iPad Update

Hello, I was fortunate enough to meet some of the super talented and awesome people at lone wolf while attending paizocon. The con was great, and the HL women and men were just as great. (thanks for giving the GM's RealmWorks!)

I was curious when the new iPad app would be getting submitted for appstore approval, originally someone said they'd be putting into the system around the middle of July with an anticipated release 'end of July'

There was also some information shared with me about additional licensing. As I own HeroLab with many Pathfinder addons I was concerned that Id have to rebuy all my books again. Someone mentioned that I can either use my second license, or buy an additional license at 10$.

Where would I do that? Id much rather spend 10$ when the app goes live than have to lose access to HL on my secondary PC.

Anyway, I can't wait for the update!

Mathias July 22nd, 2014 10:33 AM

Our newsletters are where you can find out about the plans for the full iPad version: http://www.wolflair.com/news/newsletter/june-2014/ As of the June newsletter, the plan was for submission to the Apple Store late this month.

You can add additional licenses to your account through the "Obtain Secondary License" option in the License menu within Hero Lab. License number 2 is free (sounds like you've already gotten that one), the third and fourth cost $10 each, and once the full iPad version is available, the option to purchase a fifth at $10 will become available. All secondary licenses share the same purchased game systems and packages as the main license they're linked to.

templeton July 24th, 2014 09:59 AM

I had no idea I could purchase so many licenses. #gamechanger

Aaron July 25th, 2014 01:19 AM

Yes, please make sure each of your devices has it's OWN license, or you'll run into some issues with monthly updates.

bodrin July 25th, 2014 01:32 AM

Is there any chance of increasing the licensing to 6. :D

I've got 4 already, 2 desktops 2 laptops but I have 2 iPads that both run the HL IPad app. :cool:

Once I get an iMac and MacBook I'll have to release a desktop and a laptop license, unless I can get another 2 for a total of 8 licenses.

templeton July 25th, 2014 09:54 AM

there has to be some safety net, otherwise people would just group buy herolab for an astonishing discount.

liz July 25th, 2014 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bodrin (Post 188502)
Is there any chance of increasing the licensing to 6. :D

Right now we don't have any plans to increase to 6. We did quite a bit of research when deciding whether to increase to 5 or 6. We looked at the number of users using all 4 codes right now (versus users using 3), as well as the downsides associated with the issue templeton alluded to. We had to strike the balance somewhere, so we decided upon 5.

bodrin July 25th, 2014 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liz (Post 188530)
Right now we don't have any plans to increase to 6. We did quite a bit of research when deciding whether to increase to 5 or 6. We looked at the number of users using all 4 codes right now (versus users using 3), as well as the downsides associated with the issue templeton alluded to. We had to strike the balance somewhere, so we decided upon 5.

Boo.:cool:
But okay I'll reallocate a laptop once I have 2 macs in residence.:rolleyes:

SAbel July 26th, 2014 07:10 AM

Will this ever go beyond Pathfinder, in other words open up to all HL data sets

liz July 26th, 2014 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAbel (Post 188603)
Will this ever go beyond Pathfinder, in other words open up to all HL data sets

After the update releases and we've determined that it's stable, we'll look into support other game systems, as well as other platforms or bringing in further support for Pathfinder like GM tools. We have a lot of options for what to tackle next, so we want to weigh the pros and cons before committing to one.