Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   What does the Configurable tab do? (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=61936)

Bob G January 8th, 2019 03:45 PM

What does the Configurable tab do?

Couldn't find any tutorials on it. I get the feeling it's a great tool to use, but I would need something to help guide me through. Anyone know a simple synopsis about using this tab?

Aaron January 9th, 2019 07:42 AM

Configurables add their own tab to the character, and have a bunch of different tables which can be used for different things.

Bob G January 9th, 2019 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aaron (Post 274793)
Configurables add their own tab to the character, and have a bunch of different tables which can be used for different things.

Thanks Aaron, I was hoping that was the case. Do you know of any tutorials that guide you through its use?

Aaron January 9th, 2019 09:20 AM

I'm not aware of any tutorials. Is there some element in the editor which isn't clear to you?

Bob G January 10th, 2019 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aaron (Post 274797)
I'm not aware of any tutorials. Is there some element in the editor which isn't clear to you?

Hi Aaron, Happy New Year. Nothing is any more unclear to me than anything else on the Configurable tab :D It's just completely new to me, and I'm not sure how to get started. Is there a class ability in Pathfinder that I can copy and explore? What are some examples of Configurables?

Duggan January 10th, 2019 01:21 PM

Well, does anything come up when you try Add (copy)?

TheIronGolem January 10th, 2019 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob G (Post 274824)
Hi Aaron, Happy New Year. Nothing is any more unclear to me than anything else on the Configurable tab :D It's just completely new to me, and I'm not sure how to get started. Is there a class ability in Pathfinder that I can copy and explore? What are some examples of Configurables?

The Amateur Gunslinger feat uses a configurable; you can take a look at that. And since I know you have Spheres of Power, you can also look at Hedgewitch Traditions. I used configurables with those because that class can borrow custom abilities from so many other classes via Traditions that the five "slots" a class chassis provides for custom ability types wasn't sufficient. Offloading each Tradition's custom selections to a configurable solved that problem, which is a good example of what configurables can do for you.

Aaron January 14th, 2019 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob G (Post 274824)

The animal companion of hunters gets a configurable which is set up by scripts on the master, so that could be a good example of a configurable which is dynamic rather than static at creation.