Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Realm Works Discussion (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   How do I view multiple tabs at the same time? (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=60972)

Arlack July 25th, 2018 12:05 PM

How do I view multiple tabs at the same time?

Greetings all!
Though I purchased Realm Works right after it launched, I have not worked with it much. Currently, I am trying to use it to plan out the next part of my campaign. I have an Ultra-wide monitor, and I would like to view (actually see full content) of multiple tabs at the same time. Is there a way to do this? How so? :-)

Thank you in advance for your assistance!

Acenoid July 25th, 2018 12:18 PM

I'm afraid that is not possible right now in the normal view.

You could only view via player view on the other screen multiple topics.
You have to check if that would be even remotely useful for your use case...

Arlack July 25th, 2018 01:44 PM

Thank you for your quick reply Acenoid.
Sadly that method won't be of use to me.

Acenoid July 26th, 2018 04:37 PM

Another workaround might be an export of your realm? Check out the user tool that exports your realm to html orword from Farling. Then you could open the data in separate windows. Of course this is less then ideal, but maybe you just have a few main topics that you would like to have always in view...

kbs666 July 26th, 2018 05:17 PM

You can't do that either. Only one RW can be running at a time.

Farling July 26th, 2018 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kbs666 (Post 268525)
You can't do that either. Only one RW can be running at a time.

There was no suggestion of having multiple versions of RW open. But the idea of exporting some stuff into word or HTML would work (maybe all the background material which isn't likely to change).

Acenoid July 27th, 2018 02:08 PM

also you can make multiple instances running if you use virtual environments, but well sounds really like overkill. LWD should overhaul the UI a bit, now that some experienced users provided a lot of feedback what could be improved in the suggestion forum. And I would really add some kind of principle to make features available with less clicks as possible , shortcut option and w/o confirmation whereever possible. Since users have to work with bulk data entry / modifications it is really helpful to reduce all unecessary bloat.

kbs666 July 27th, 2018 04:45 PM

Detachable tabs is basically what this feature request boils down to. Its been asked for many times.

MNBlockHead July 28th, 2018 11:10 PM

When (if) the Web version of the RealmWorks is released, you should be able to do this in the Web browser. God, I hope this Paizo mess gets worked through soon. As someone who doesn't play Pathfinder, I am frustrated with all RW development being held up.

Acenoid July 29th, 2018 01:02 AM

Less hope so.