Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Custom Staffs (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=11227)

dragonladytoo September 11th, 2010 07:13 AM

Custom Staffs

How do I create custom staffs?
It is not a listing under magic (such as custom wands or scrolls) and when you goto Custom Weapon under weapons, it does not allow you to customize the list of spells that can be added to the weapon.

Am I missing or not seeing an option on one of the menus?

Thanks.

dragonladytoo September 14th, 2010 07:24 PM

Wow the deafening silence hurts my ears! :)

Are staves something that Herolab will never have, except for explicit additions?

TopCat September 15th, 2010 02:54 AM

There's no facility to customise a staff "on the fly" but you can create them fairly easily in the editor. If you copy an existing staff, you'll see that the spells in the staff are simply attached via the "Bootstrap" button.

Mathias September 15th, 2010 08:28 AM

I'm sorry, yours is the first request I remember for a custom staff option. I'll put it on my to-do list, but I'm afraid there are many other things already on my to-do list that have been requested more.

Note that the custom staff option won't be able to handle staves with abilities other than spells, and I'm not sure at this point if I'll be able to allow users to set up weapon stats along with the spells.

In terms of creating a staff in the editor, I'll be adding the APG's staves in the near future, and I have some ideas on how to improve the creation process, so unless you need this staff soon for a game, I'd recommend holding off a little while, and then copying an APG staff, rather than one of the old ones.

dragonladytoo September 17th, 2010 04:14 PM

Mathias,

Thanks for the update. I will wait for the APG staffs and do as you suggest.

Thanks

donovanpoe February 23rd, 2013 08:58 PM

Sooo.... no joke on the long to do list. 2 and a half years and this still isn't implimented. Add one to the request. Doesn't anybody take craft staff?

ShadowChemosh February 24th, 2013 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donovanpoe (Post 134835)
Sooo.... no joke on the long to do list. 2 and a half years and this still isn't implimented. Add one to the request. Doesn't anybody take craft staff?

Yes but their are allot pre-crafted staffs to choose from and making a staff in the Editor if is not that bad really. Simply start by doing a New (Copy) of an existing one and its pretty easy to change out the list of spells and the number of charges.

No scripting required at all. Just a bunch of drop down selection windows for choosing the stuff. :)

donovanpoe February 24th, 2013 07:32 AM

awesome thanks.

Kaleb February 24th, 2013 03:17 PM

The hadrest part of maing a staff in the editor is computing the price of the staff the rest is very easy.

Gamepsych February 13th, 2014 07:40 PM

I'd like to cast my vote for a custom staff option. Mostly for use with the staff magus archetype, which adding a way to link the staff to the weapon page would be awesome if it's at all possible.