Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - d20 System (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   2 weapon fighting and the Madu (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=57216)

ErinRigh December 14th, 2016 10:45 PM

2 weapon fighting and the Madu

Ok, first if you are unsure what a madu is, google it, I'll wait. (also called a maduvu and a maru for clarity)

Ok we clear on the madu? Cool!

Now, a madu is a traditionally off-hand weapon, wielded in conjunction with an on hand kukri, scimitar or khopesh.

My question is. a madu counts as both a double-ended spear (not a double weapon), and a light shield, how would we go about representing that for 2 handed people if the program can't have a shortspear, light shield and scimitar equipped at the same time?

I was thinking something along the lines of bootstrapping a light shield to a copy of the shortspear via the gizmo thingee, but I have no real clue if that would work, is possible or even a good idea.

Any one got any thoughts?

Sendric December 15th, 2016 03:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ErinRigh (Post 239690)
Ok, first if you are unsure what a madu is, google it, I'll wait. (also called a maduvu and a maru for clarity)

Ok we clear on the madu? Cool!

Now, a madu is a traditionally off-hand weapon, wielded in conjunction with an on hand kukri, scimitar or khopesh.

My question is. a madu counts as both a double-ended spear (not a double weapon), and a light shield, how would we go about representing that for 2 handed people if the program can't have a shortspear, light shield and scimitar equipped at the same time?

I was thinking something along the lines of bootstrapping a light shield to a copy of the shortspear via the gizmo thingee, but I have no real clue if that would work, is possible or even a good idea.

Any one got any thoughts?

That would be as good a place to start as any. I would have to look into the mechanics of this as there are tags that would need to be added to the hero and other things you'd have to think about. You also probably would not want the shield to be something that can be equipped in order to avoid confusion. It would just appear if the weapon was equipped and provide the shield bonus.

ErinRigh December 15th, 2016 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sendric (Post 239692)
That would be as good a place to start as any. I would have to look into the mechanics of this as there are tags that would need to be added to the hero and other things you'd have to think about.

Well, let me know what you discover, I am totally lost on this, I just had an idea

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sendric (Post 239692)
You also probably would not want the shield to be something that can be equipped in order to avoid confusion. It would just appear if the weapon was equipped and provide the shield bonus.

Absolutely what I mean, equipped weapon flags the character as using a shield, "madu - shield" appears on the armor tab, and adds shield bonus, cool:D

Sendric December 19th, 2016 04:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ErinRigh (Post 239705)
Well, let me know what you discover, I am totally lost on this, I just had an idea

Absolutely what I mean, equipped weapon flags the character as using a shield, "madu - shield" appears on the armor tab, and adds shield bonus, cool:D

Is this resolved then?

ErinRigh December 19th, 2016 12:36 PM

I don't even know where to start

Sendric December 20th, 2016 04:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ErinRigh (Post 239872)
I don't even know where to start

Ok, I was confused by your last message. I'll take a quick look.

Sendric December 20th, 2016 04:49 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Please see attached.

ErinRigh December 21st, 2016 08:59 AM

perfect thanks

Sidwicked November 18th, 2017 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sendric (Post 239900)
Please see attached.

Any guidance on how to add this fix to hero lab on an iPad? Thx

Sendric November 28th, 2017 05:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sidwicked (Post 258942)
Any guidance on how to add this fix to hero lab on an iPad? Thx

I'm not sure what you mean. Are you unable to copy the file to your iPad? I don't really use Macs, so depending on the issue, I may not be of much use here.