Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Hero Lab Online Discussion (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=95)
-   -   License migration (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=65369)

Tannin January 21st, 2021 07:36 AM

License migration

Are you going to let those who paid for data in hero lab going to pay for the same data in HLO?

dacoobob January 21st, 2021 01:47 PM

no, that's not how it works. all your HLC data can be migrated, and any new data packages you buy in either HLC or HLO will be available in both.

mototom January 21st, 2021 03:18 PM

It's worth noting here that you need to connect your Classic license with your HLO account. Otherwise, you will not see the migration pricing as an option.

WargamingR February 22nd, 2021 07:05 AM

Upgrade Path?

Quote:

Originally Posted by mototom (Post 293372)
It's worth noting here that you need to connect your Classic license with your HLO account. Otherwise, you will not see the migration pricing as an option.

I'm sorry if this has been answered elsewhere, and I appreciate you're a user rather than developer...

I have looked thru the forums and haven't been able to find out what the upgrade path from HL Classic (Mac desktop) to HL Online is, is there somewhere I can find this out please - my DM wants to play Pathfinder 2e and I can't find a desktop version anywhere :eek:

Thank you :)

Toblakai February 22nd, 2021 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WargamingR (Post 293747)
I'm sorry if this has been answered elsewhere, and I appreciate you're a user rather than developer...

I have looked thru the forums and haven't been able to find out what the upgrade path from HL Classic (Mac desktop) to HL Online is, is there somewhere I can find this out please - my DM wants to play Pathfinder 2e and I can't find a desktop version anywhere :eek:

There is not a desktop version of 2E only an online version. https://herolab.online

mototom February 22nd, 2021 04:41 PM

Quote:

...haven't been able to find out what the upgrade path from HL Classic (Mac desktop) to HL Online is, is there somewhere I can find this out please - my DM wants to play Pathfinder 2e and I can't find a desktop version anywhere :eek:

As said above, there is no desktop version for PF2. It's only available in HLO.

There is also no upgrade path from HLC to HLO per se, since the PF2 data packages are separate from PF1. You'd need to purchase an HLO subscription and the PF2 data packages. If your GM has the patron subscription, they can share their data packages with their players and the players would just need an apprentice subscription if they want to edit the characters.

There is an upgrade path for PF1; as discussed above, linking your HLC license to an HLO account allows you to sync accounts (for a $10 fee) and makes your PF1 data packages available in HLO AND HLC. You'll still need an active HLO subscription, however, if you don't already have one.

charlieluce February 22nd, 2021 05:58 PM

Quote:

You should talk to your DM about how they want to use Herolab Online; if they intend to buy a Patron Account you will only need an Apprentice Account ($5 per 4 months) to make characters in their campaign with their data packages.

Farling February 23rd, 2021 03:15 PM

Note that Pathfinder 2nd edition (PF2) is a different game from Pathfinder (1st edition, PF) in all senses of the word "different".