Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Warhammer Fantasy 8th Ed. (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   [Bug Reports] Wood Elves (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=13374)

nikto June 29th, 2011 07:49 PM

[Bug Reports] Wood Elves
 
under Roster Design Information, the note for Forest Walkers does not reflect the v1.2 update

"change the second sentence to "all models in a wood elf army (except flyers using their flying movement) have the forest strider special rule."

same goes for woodland ambush.

Ancelica September 21st, 2011 06:51 AM

Sisters of Twilight
 
When a mount is chosen for the Sisters, Arahan shows the correct armour save of 5+, but Naestra is only showing 6+ when she should be the same.

nikto November 29th, 2011 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikto (Post 57979)
under Roster Design Information, the note for Forest Walkers does not reflect the v1.2 update

"change the second sentence to "all models in a wood elf army (except flyers using their flying movement) have the forest strider special rule."

same goes for woodland ambush.

has anyone looked into this? thanks

UltraPrime November 29th, 2011 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikto (Post 66535)
has anyone looked into this? thanks

This was updated a long time ago ;)

Ancelica December 24th, 2011 01:20 PM

When equipping a Wild Rider Noble with the Helm of the Hunt, it removes the Light Armour from the noble, when it should be stacking. It's showing the correct armour save of 4+, but it removes LA from the list of equipment.

Cheers

UltraPrime December 25th, 2011 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ancelica (Post 67885)
When equipping a Wild Rider Noble with the Helm of the Hunt, it removes the Light Armour from the noble, when it should be stacking. It's showing the correct armour save of 4+, but it removes LA from the list of equipment.

Cheers

This is an odd one. I didn't write that file, but looking into it there is a rule (file rule, not game rule) that has been written to specifically remove the Light Armour if the Wild Rider kindred takes any magic armour. I have no idea why, so I will experiment.....

Gensol March 1st, 2012 01:32 PM

The wood elf banners don't show up for any of the units. I think only the BSB has access but all units that can take a magic banner should be able to access them.

Time of Madness March 2nd, 2012 02:35 PM

There are only 3 units that can take a magic banner (glade guard, eternal guard and wild riders). The banners are there for me.
Time of Madness

Gensol April 3rd, 2012 04:25 AM

The army specific wood elf banners do not show up for the wild riders however. All the BRB banners do but not the ones out of the wood elf book.

UltraPrime April 8th, 2012 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gensol (Post 79676)
The army specific wood elf banners do not show up for the wild riders however. All the BRB banners do but not the ones out of the wood elf book.

Fixed for next release.

TheRedPansy April 13th, 2012 04:52 PM

When you put a spellsinger on a unicorn it should raise the wounds to three per the Monsterous cav rules.

UltraPrime April 16th, 2012 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRedPansy (Post 80328)
When you put a spellsinger on a unicorn it should raise the wounds to three per the Monsterous cav rules.

Fixed for next release.

Ancelica April 16th, 2012 07:44 PM

A Great Stag does the same to a Wild Rider Noble's wounds.

Also, the toughness, leadership and ward saves of the mounts aren't used.

Cheers,
A

UltraPrime April 16th, 2012 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ancelica (Post 80511)
A Great Stag does the same to a Wild Rider Noble's wounds.

Also, the toughness, leadership and ward saves of the mounts aren't used.

Cheers,
A

Also fixed :)

jackofhearts1216 April 1st, 2013 12:01 PM

Monsterous Cavalry not modifying riders Toughness correctly
 
The MB Mounts Unicorn and Great Stag are not conveying their Attributes
to the Riders Correctly (Unlike the Great Eagle which works correctly)

The Unicorn should have a 4 Toughness (vice 3 as listed in current build).
- Note: the Unicorns 3 wounds do apply correctly to the Rider

The Great Stag does not apply its Toughness of 4 to it's rider, but does apply its 3 wounds (more or less) correctly (it will increase the Riders if applicable, but then lists the mounts wounds erroneously)

Thanks

Mathias April 1st, 2013 12:48 PM

This was posted to our support email address. I'm copying it here:

Quote:

The magic weapons for the nobles/heroes only has 3 to choose from and I know there are more than that, please check into.

EdSteiner April 1st, 2013 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jackofhearts1216 (Post 152402)
The MB Mounts Unicorn and Great Stag are not conveying their Attributes
to the Riders Correctly (Unlike the Great Eagle which works correctly)

The Unicorn should have a 4 Toughness (vice 3 as listed in current build).
- Note: the Unicorns 3 wounds do apply correctly to the Rider

The Great Stag does not apply its Toughness of 4 to it's rider, but does apply its 3 wounds (more or less) correctly (it will increase the Riders if applicable, but then lists the mounts wounds erroneously)

Thanks

Fixed for 2.56

EdSteiner April 1st, 2013 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mathias (Post 152404)
This was posted to our support email address. I'm copying it here:

More details are needed. I check and found no issues with magic items, Remember that the kindreds choices do restrict what magic items "weapons" may be taken.

smecko June 7th, 2014 12:41 PM

Fix enchanted arrows
 
Yoo fix enchanted arrows its a upgrade not enchanted items so u can have more then 1 of them thx keep up to good work not limit 1 per unit like it say now

EdSteiner June 9th, 2014 04:28 PM

Sorry, but its coded to a strict RAW, same as how Dwarfs and pride issues. I however coded to allow you to proceed with only a soft error and if your TO/opponent allows you to duplicate then that is their/his call.

Heck while we're on the point of RAW the Wild riders steeds have frenzy :) Again poor/sloppy GW rule set. I don't even think they play test game these things out. But hey, enough of a rant. "Now go eat your pretzels and beer and drop a few more quid on our latest model." The GW mentality

EdSteiner June 11th, 2014 12:38 PM

Fixed some background banner cost issues and waywatcher errata

Fixed for 2.76

Now, only if my friend would bring me back my book I could code the special characters :)

sdhakala June 11th, 2014 08:44 PM

The comment on strict RAW regarding the enchanted arrows is wrong and does not make sense given the army book. The unique rule on page 500 of the rule book refers to named magic items in the BRB and the list of magic items pages but not unit upgrades or weapons that may be magical weapons or other magical items. This issue was fleshed out on a number of sites and is very clear. You have examples of magic weapons on certain models in certain Daemons army units being common and repeated throughout the army. You wouldn't say one cannot take two units of plague bearers, two heralds of nurgle, two heralds of khorne, two units of bloodletters, or two skullcannon chariots because the models in such units have magic weapons. The army book specifically does not restrict one to only one model taking each type of enchanted arrow and the army list is clear in treating these as model and unit upgrades without a lock out. Similarly, ETC and others have consistently ruled on this issue.

Ancelica June 12th, 2014 05:27 AM

Actually, the Wood Elves army book states that Enchanted Arrows are Enchanted Items. The BRB states that Magic items are considered unique - you can only have one of each in your army unless otherwise stated in the magic item's rules.

It doesn't actually say in the Wood Elves book that you CAN take more than one of each Enchanted Arrow in the army. It also does not say that Enchanted Arrows are unit upgrades. It says "The entire unit may take one of the following types of enchanted arrows..."

As Wood Elves players, we would love to be able to take multiples of some of the arrows, but some rules lawyers could argue that we can't. Until GW puts out an FAQ about it (or covers it in 9th Ed.) it's up to the players and TOs to work out among themselves.

A :o

EdSteiner June 12th, 2014 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sdhakala (Post 185334)
The comment on strict RAW regarding the enchanted arrows is wrong and does not make sense given the army book. The unique rule on page 500 of the rule book refers to named magic items in the BRB and the list of magic items pages but not unit upgrades or weapons that may be magical weapons or other magical items. This issue was fleshed out on a number of sites and is very clear. You have examples of magic weapons on certain models in certain Daemons army units being common and repeated throughout the army. You wouldn't say one cannot take two units of plague bearers, two heralds of nurgle, two heralds of khorne, two units of bloodletters, or two skullcannon chariots because the models in such units have magic weapons. The army book specifically does not restrict one to only one model taking each type of enchanted arrow and the army list is clear in treating these as model and unit upgrades without a lock out. Similarly, ETC and others have consistently ruled on this issue.

Again which is why I coded it with only a soft error, let the TO's/opponent's decide if they follow your line of thought then they can ignore the error report. If I wanted to lock it out completely, I would have hard coded the error, and in which case it would have grayed out the option army wide. Let's just let each play/group/tourney follow their own moral compass in this matter.

On soap box note: GW prides itself on some of the best model range IMHO, however they epic fail when it comes to clear rules and FAQ support when they rules they write fail. Here are some my list of fails. Do Lizardmen S. Warriors get predatory attack from second rank. BRB would say no, but army book unclear. Dwarfs, Can you stack a second rune of burning which provides no additional effect to get around pride issues. Or since were on the subject of Wood Elves, do Wild rider mounts have frenzy?

And if you say "ETC rules this or that", ETC is one example of a gaming body which again IMHO does a very good job, but they are not GW.

sdhakala June 12th, 2014 03:19 PM

It is really hard to write clear and unambiguous rules and anticipate each and every issue and rules conflict, and you are right the GW often has written ambiguous or unclear or conflicting rules at time. I absolutely agree on GW not doing a good job, especially in the last year on FAQs and errata and such. I understand your position but you are kind of missing part of the story that the Wood Elf army list specifically allows specific units with Asrai longbows and certain models with Asrai longbows to upgrade to enchanted arrows without any such restriction you posted in the database. I'm not a Wood Elf player but I followed the debate and issue and did an army book review. This issue was argued and resolved largely on a number of other sites and a number of TOs and ETC have ruled consistently otherwise, so your position is in the minority for a clear reason set forth below. I was actually shocked more Wood Elf players did not post or raise this issue on this site given the discussions I have read and the consensus that seemed to be reached. My point is that you took a specific position on a rule without apparently reading the full context of the debate on the issue and how most others had considered certain other precedents and the Wood Elf army list permissions in the army book (which has precedence) on this issue.

The army list of options for each character and unit trumps the BRB. If an army list specifically allows a unit to choose or be equipped with a specific magic item (base or as an upgrade) and allows multiple units or models to have the same magic item, then the "unique" restriction in the BRB (p.500) is over-ruled by the army book. Also, the army book rules even says that taking an enchanted arrow on a character does not prevent you from taking a second enchanted item. The army list rules are permissive in allowing each unit and specific character models equipped with Asrai Longbows to take enchanted arrow upgrades without any such limit of one unit per type of enchanted arrow, "The entire unit may take one of the following types of enchanted arrows:" [with the full list of types and point costs per model listed]. The army books do have such limits in other instances in the army list with language such as, for example, the Glade Guard unit wrt to magic standards says, "One Glade Guard unit with a standard bearer may take a magic standard worth up to...XX points". Thus, you are confusing one passage in the BRB (p. 500) relating specifically to magic items in the list of choices for unit banners and character upgrades with unit and specific model upgrades permitted explicitly in the army list for Wood Elves as unit upgrades.

There are prior precedents such as magic weapons on units and heralds in the DoC book. You are not limited to one herald on each Chaos god type because the heralds come equipped with a certain magic weapon and there clearly is nothing that says that taking a unit of bloodletters with Hellblades prevents one from taking a Herald of Khorne with a Hellblade or that a unit of plague bearers with Plaugeswords prevents a Herald of Nurgle from having a Plaguesword. If your interpretation were correct, then one could not take a unit of either bloodletters or plaguebearers because each is equipped with the same magical weapon and one certainly could not take two such units with the same magical weapon or a character and a unit with both having the same magical weapon.

I suggest you go on the Wood Elf site and read the whole context of the debate. Part of the problem is the way the issue is worded in the army book in an attempt to clearly make such arrows have magical attacks without thinking about how one might read the unique rule into that position, a standard GW problem. Part of the reason enforcing the unique rule makes no sense is because each model in an eligible unit is permitted to have the ssame type of enchanted arrows and that is clearly permitted, which clearly violates the unique rule (only one model or banner may have the magic item) from the start.

Anyway, while I posted this because putting such language in the Army Builder database is likely to cause confusion with users as opposed to merely noting that this issue may need to be resolved by an FAQ but you all are volunteers and I respect and have learned people in WHFB (and in law) see things and read things differently and don't work through the logic which is compounded by GW's unwillingness to clear up confusions caused by the way certain rules are written.

EdSteiner June 12th, 2014 05:23 PM

With regard to DoC, that is because those are default equipment choices. Not an upgrade option, and trust me I read pages of Wood Elf forum debate on the subject, and came to the conclusion to soft code the error and let each group view it as they wish. But again a group cannot make what is a GW product be official in any stretch, even something to most as obvious as this error. I mean how hard would it be for GW to say you can/you cannot. Also true play testing of rule by these accredited gaming bodies I am sure would have found and clarified these exact issues prior to press time. But again a GW fail.

In fact I just reviewed my email log, I had a member of the wood elf forums which did this very discussion use the same terms and cites you did, but at the end of the day could not black and white say which was right.

Ancelica June 21st, 2014 04:23 AM

Hi there,

Great Weapon option for Glade Captain should be 4 points, not 6.

Cheers,
A :D

EdSteiner June 21st, 2014 05:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ancelica (Post 185932)
Hi there,

Great Weapon option for Glade Captain should be 4 points, not 6.

Cheers,
A :D

Corrected for 2.76

Ancelica June 25th, 2014 06:15 AM

Great Stag is str 5 not 4.

A ;)

EdSteiner June 25th, 2014 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ancelica (Post 186238)
Great Stag is str 5 not 4.

A ;)

Corrected for 2.76

naloth August 4th, 2014 06:46 PM

Wardancers
 
The extra hand weapon doesn't seem to confer a bonus attack in the profile. Is this is intentional since they can mix and match with AP spears?

EdSteiner August 4th, 2014 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by naloth (Post 189465)
The extra hand weapon doesn't seem to confer a bonus attack in the profile. Is this is intentional since they can mix and match with AP spears?

More details required, which unit and so forth..

Ahh the wardancers, yes this was intentional since you can mix and match, may I should address it with a "*" like the pistols.. counter thoughts?

EdSteiner August 5th, 2014 07:34 PM

Looked it over and that is just what I am going to do. I will also ensure that if you put extrahand on the champion it will modify the At 2/3.

Caledor September 17th, 2014 08:12 AM

Tree singing has changed. it should be
Code:

{macro Augment} {macro DirectDam}
{macro Casting8} Cast on a forest within 18". If the forest contains no units, it moves D6+1" in a direction chosen by the caster. The forest cannot move to within 1" of units or other terrain features.
If there is at least one unit within the forest, then the forest does not move. Instead, a single enemy unit at least partially within the forest chosen by the caster suffers 2D6 Strength 4 hits.
{macro Casting16} Affects every forest within 12".


EdSteiner September 17th, 2014 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caledor (Post 193218)
Tree singing has changed. it should be
Code:

{macro Augment} {macro DirectDam}
{macro Casting8} Cast on a forest within 18". If the forest contains no units, it moves D6+1" in a direction chosen by the caster. The forest cannot move to within 1" of units or other terrain features.
If there is at least one unit within the forest, then the forest does not move. Instead, a single enemy unit at least partially within the forest chosen by the caster suffers 2D6 Strength 4 hits.
{macro Casting16} Affects every forest within 12".


Fixed for 2.81

Ancelica October 6th, 2014 02:35 AM

Glade Lord and Captain now flag Hail of Doom Arrow as invalid selection.

Chur,
A :D

Caledor October 6th, 2014 03:29 AM

Found the reason behind it. Thank you very much for your report.

tlorin December 10th, 2014 10:32 PM

Enchanted Arrows
 
Hello...Army builder currently only allows ONE Enchanted Arrow type per list..

Should be able to have multiple units with the same type of Enchanted Arrows.

Caledor December 11th, 2014 06:20 AM

You are free to do as you like with Enchanted Arrows. The duplicate arrows warning is just a reminder, it doesn't invalidate your list or anything.

HartleyS276 May 4th, 2015 06:45 AM

Shadowdancer
 
Shadowdancer does not have Magic Armor as an available option.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:49 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® - Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
wolflair.com copyright 1998-2016 Lone Wolf Development, Inc. View our Privacy Policy here.