Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Realm Works Feature Requests (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   Treat different capitalizations as unique names (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=62940)

kbs666 July 28th, 2019 10:30 AM

I already explained this.

If AB is a topic name and ab, Ab and aB are distinct names then anyone who creates a topic that might use any of those forms has to create those all as alternative names and going forward after such a change was made any new use of existing names where users are used to mixing capitalizations without issue would have issues.

Silveras July 28th, 2019 01:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by kbs666 (Post 280566)

If AB is a topic name and ab, Ab and aB are distinct names then anyone who creates a topic that might use any of those forms has to create those all as alternative names and going forward after such a change was made any new use of existing names where users are used to mixing capitalizations without issue would have issues.

Except that this does not work.
Once you enter "AB"... "Ab", "aB", and "ab" are not allowed as additional aliases. They are seen as duplicates of "AB" and the "ok" button remains disabled until all such "duplicates" are removed. (see attached image)

Perhaps it is a bug that has not been recognized as one before?

kbs666 July 28th, 2019 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silveras (Post 280576)
Once you enter "AB"... "Ab", "aB", and "ab" are not allowed as additional aliases. They are seen as duplicates of "AB" and the "ok" button remains disabled until all such "duplicates" are removed. (see attached image)

Right now there is zero need for this so why should it work? My point is that if different capitalizations become distinct names, what the op is requesting, then you'd have to be able to do that to make what works right now work at all.

Farling July 28th, 2019 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silveras (Post 280576)

This does seem like a bug. Since it if worked properly then it would allow the OP to do what he is wanting.

Randall Jhen July 28th, 2019 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kbs666 (Post 280566)

Why would someone used to mixing capitalizations not have Case Sensitivity set to Ignore?

kbs666 July 28th, 2019 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Randall Jhen (Post 280594)
Why would someone used to mixing capitalizations not have Case Sensitivity set to Ignore?

How would that be relevant anymore if every capitalization variation is to become a different name?

If that isn't your proposal, it is literally the name of your proposal, then explain WTF you actually want.

Randall Jhen July 29th, 2019 02:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kbs666 (Post 280595)
How would that be relevant anymore if every capitalization variation is to become a different name?

If that isn't your proposal, it is literally the name of your proposal, then explain WTF you actually want.

1. I get that you're frustrated, but dude. There's no need for the aggressive tone you've had from the start.

2. From my original post.
Quote:

Ideally, I could input two identically spelled but differently capitalized names, with Sensitive name matching, and save myself the headache of every single color reference popping up.

kbs666 July 29th, 2019 03:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Randall Jhen (Post 280599)
1. I get that you're frustrated, but dude. There's no need for the aggressive tone you've had from the start.

2. From my original post.

That already exists! You have to put in the different forms as alternate names if you want them to link. I just tested it and it works.

But making them into distinct names breaks my realms, and I'm sure a lot of others.

Silveras July 29th, 2019 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kbs666 (Post 280600)
That already exists! You have to put in the different forms as alternate names if you want them to link. I just tested it and it works.

Could you share HOW? As my post with screen-shot earlier shows, using the GUI it does not accept what you're saying you have done... so I'd honestly like to know how.

kbs666 July 29th, 2019 11:46 AM

Create a topic, name it "Green," open Manage Names, set "Green" Case Matching to sensitive. Create another topic named _anything but Green_, use Green and green in snippets. Only "Green" will be found to be a valid name to link.

First image
Second image